gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 27, 2024, 04:48:44 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  URGENT - The network NEEDS more primarys right now
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: URGENT - The network NEEDS more primarys right now  (Read 31350 times)

Offline rush2112

• Forum Member
URGENT - The network NEEDS more primarys right now
« Reply #120 on: February 11, 2006, 07:03:40 pm »
yes i do have the disc

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #121 on: February 11, 2006, 08:41:16 pm »
Most of them contain the instructions you will need in order to forward your ports, have a look around it and see what it offers you.

I usually look for sections names like:
PortForwarding
Advanced Configuration
Virtual Server/Gamming

These are some of the things to look for inorder to get the instructions.

Do you see anything like these on the disks or manual booklet if you have that too?

Offline rush2112

• Forum Member
router
« Reply #122 on: February 11, 2006, 08:58:51 pm »
it tells me that winmx is through ports 6399 on both but when i set the port on winmx to listen on them ports i get no search results

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #123 on: February 11, 2006, 09:00:54 pm »
WinMx needs different port numbers for TCP & UDP if you set the same number for both it won't function correctly.
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

cubalibre

Re: URGENT - The network NEEDS more primarys right now
« Reply #124 on: March 19, 2006, 07:37:37 am »
I have dsl, I would love to help! I have two computers working off of a 2wire box. What could I do? Whenever we make primary connections we can download but everybody gets timed out when uploading. HELP!!! :? :? :?

cubalibre

« Reply #125 on: March 19, 2006, 08:07:43 am »
 :?  :? How do you figure out what the correct port is for your dsl? Maybe thats my problem? A Little Help Please!

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #126 on: March 19, 2006, 08:38:34 am »
Ok there are no exact ports for your dsl per say.. but there are normal or default ports that WinMx uses ....

Those are TCP 6699 and 6257 UDP. 

Your 2 wire box will need to have the ports forwarded to allow WinMx to work as a primary.  If you want to run both as primary you will need to assign a different set of ports to the second machine.  Adding a 1 to both should work like 16699 and 16257. 

That said the way to forward the ports is to find your instructions for the 2wire
http://www.portforward.com/routers.htm

There you need to look up your model and follow the instructions.  Each computer will have its own Internal IP address that will help the 2wire to know which computer to send the data to and on what ports.
Here is how you can find the ips of the computers:
Start > Programs > Accessories > Command/MSDos prompt.
In the black DOS box type in ipconfig for getting the ip of one machine.

Be sure you set four rules.. one for each port and each machine.

Once this is done make sure you also have access allowed in any XP firewalls and other software firewalls you use.  Also in Norton Worm Protection if you use that as well.
Dont forget to also go into WinMx Settings > Incoming TCP and change that to the top option 'Listen on port (insert port here 6699 or 16699)
Then go to IN/OUT UDP and change that to the top option 'Send and receive on port (Insert port here 6257 or 16257)

Then just let me know if you have any other questions or problems.

drog

« Reply #127 on: March 20, 2006, 09:34:27 pm »

i am trying to get winmx back online i am online and can start a download or upload but they slowly stop .i have pg2 the new patch and have tried a few diff port configs i have disabled firewall and antivirus and still same thing. i have win xp pro with sp2 isp is rogers cable and i have no router. any suggestions

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #128 on: March 20, 2006, 11:16:00 pm »
Hi Drog,

Have a read here, the problem your having is with Rogers itself.  They are throttling p2p, including WinMx.

https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?topic=1044.0.html

I have had a few folks have good luck with port changes but not many.

Try these
TCP 1720
UDP 3339

Make sure you include those in any router, firewalls that you have set ports up for...
Let me know

Offline tower

• Forum Member
« Reply #129 on: April 01, 2006, 03:36:36 pm »

i am trying to get winmx back online i am online and can start a download or upload but they slowly stop .i have pg2 the new patch and have tried a few diff port configs i have disabled firewall and antivirus and still same thing. i have win xp pro with sp2 isp is rogers cable and i have no router. any suggestions

I am with Ontera.NET via the Rogers cable system and Ontera have now stopped all bandwidth caps for all users, are things still bad for you?   I no longer have any problems.   It must be said however that I seldom download, if I do it is just to replace scratched oldies with digital high bit rate versions.   But I no longer have the problems you describe and everything is working well.
Kind regards,   Tom.

PeterPiper

« Reply #130 on: April 03, 2006, 06:37:44 pm »
I have a superfast PC - 3.4GHz, 4GB RAM, 750GB storage, steady 4MB connection. I'm happy to help out all others but all my u/ls time out and only  a tiny proportion of my d/ls will actually work - the rest time out. ANy ideas?

Snowy

timing out
« Reply #131 on: April 08, 2006, 03:23:44 am »
try this if you haven't already
go to settings, internet connection,  outgoing tcp and change it to 120
go to settings, internet connection, host name resolution and change it higher, I use 300

it allows 60 - 300 seconds longer to allow more time to try connectiong before it times out.

WolF

« Reply #132 on: May 22, 2006, 03:45:56 pm »
whenever i switch to primary i loose all downloading and uploading capabilty. but it flashes green and says i'm connected, search works fine. anyone know why that wood happen? i've created virtual servers on my router to allow ports 15000 and 12000 but still nothing

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #133 on: May 22, 2006, 05:20:36 pm »
Did you change the winmx setttings to receive tcp and udp in your manuallly enabled ones? Also, do you have a firewall? Enable winmx to access the internet on that
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

WolF

« Reply #134 on: May 25, 2006, 05:18:00 pm »
yes i've tried both receiving and not receiving. i allowed winmx to access through my firewal and even shut off my firewall, but to no avail. i've tested to see if my ports are open through utorrent and they aren't. even if i forward them. could it be my isp? i use charter

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
« Reply #135 on: May 25, 2006, 05:34:11 pm »
Do a dns flush. Your router may have changed thje internal ID of the computer.

Also did you replace 6257 for TCP (the default prot in winmx) to your newly enabled one which you manually set up, the same thing for the UDP too? Both these in settings>incoming TCP connections and settings>in/out UDP
Patch link :

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #136 on: May 25, 2006, 05:45:10 pm »
If your router has changed your Internal IP from previously forwarded ports you have to go back in and change that to the correct IP.

Start > Run > type  cmd  then click OK
Then in the DOS Box type  ipconfig  then hit Enter.

Now get your Default IP Address and make sure it matches your router/dsl rules as Samseesam mentions..

**EDIT**

Its also been mentioned that you may need to set a Static IP for your router.  Especially if the IP I asked you to check has changed:

http://www.portforward.com/networking/staticip.htm

Follow those instructions to do this..

Dark_side01

« Reply #137 on: June 26, 2006, 06:59:35 pm »
i am running windows 2000 and 3.54 i am connected but i do a search but nothing happens just waiting for reply im using a liynx wirlles card to connect and a lynx router please help

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
« Reply #138 on: June 26, 2006, 08:07:15 pm »
You need to forward your ports... go to www.portforward.com and see your router model amd see how to configure winmx in it.
Also enable winmx in any firewall.
Also make sure the ports you have forwarded are the same as those under settings>In/out Udp and incoming TCP
Do tell what happened

Cheers :)
Patch link :

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #139 on: June 26, 2006, 08:50:35 pm »
Darkside are you able to get a channel list at all ?

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  URGENT - The network NEEDS more primarys right now

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx