gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76784 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 September 19, 2024, 10:03:15 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Help with MX For Hody
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Help with MX For Hody  (Read 1790 times)

Offline hody611

• Forum Member
Help with MX For Hody
« on: June 05, 2007, 02:01:06 pm »
I'm trying to move around in Winmx, but find that I need help doing that...when I pick music,
in search and it is green so its available ..when I look at it in transfer it has turned red...
can someone help me with this...granny type here...please type  slow, so I can understand...LOL
not sure if this is the place I have to get this kind of help...thanks Hody

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Re: Help with MX
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 06:48:04 pm »
Hi Hody,
* Me Here types very slowly....

LOL, OK.. first thing I would suggest is to make sure that your using the correct patch. The reason for this is the fake files that are being flooded into all networks.  They look good, say green and available.. but they never download.   
Your WinMX update bar (just above the button for Networks) should say 'Patch Operational'   This patch is the one that can filter those fakes out of your searches for you.  If yours doesnt say that then I would suggest you reinstall from here:

httpss://archive.winmxworld.com/KingMacro/WinMX%20Connection%20Fix/Install-3.0-3.54b4.exe           -- For WinMX 3.54 version

httpss://archive.winmxworld.com/KingMacro/WinMX%20Connection%20Fix/Install-3.0-MultiVer.exe          --For WinMX 3.53 vesion

If yours already says this on top then your ok as far as your patch.  The next problem that can cause this is to have your 'Auto Enter Que' settings too low.  The default number is 10, meaning anyone with a que longer then that will never even see you try, it will simply time out and turn red. 

Go to Settings > Search > Default Downloading Parameters > Just below this you will see Auto Enter Que or it may say 'aeq - remember previous'.  Click this and choose 50 or 100.  This will ensure you get in line for the files more often.

Try these and let us know how you get along.

Offline hody611

• Forum Member
Re: Help with MX For Hody
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 12:02:08 pm »
ok found it this time...
it used to be so much easier, when WinMX first started..with out all this other stuff...
having to come in here and find your way around,
oh well ....thanks for your help...not sure if I have it working now or not...
bye for now...Hody

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 01:14:45 pm »
Hi Hody,

Glad you found this thread.. I would like you to understand something tho.. this is simply a help site for WinMX we are not 'the winmx.. lol '  So all we do here is help you to use your WinMX Program better and more efficnetnly. 

If you have problems using your WinMX you can come here and post them and get answers ..  :)

Offline hody611

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2007, 12:30:09 pm »
ok Me Here...
thanks for your help..and sorry I for being disruptive on the wrong page....
thanks again...Hody
I did what you said to do..so I should not be a problem any more...

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2007, 12:33:03 pm »
Great Hody,

To claer this up.. your not and havent been a problem but helping you in that particular thread would be .. its no trouble and we understand that you're learning.  Please dont take what I said too personal hun.. just wanted to get you fixed the best way possible and help you to learn the way around a Forum board a bit..

You're, as always, welcome to post and not a problem at all.. its what we are here for.

Offline highfield 229

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2007, 04:12:44 pm »
i have problems getting a start with my downloads i have been trying to get hobsons choicewhen iclick download i enter quese of over 100 yet the highest queue on my uploads is only 14and i have allthe latest films

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2007, 06:51:43 pm »
Hello Highfield,

Welcome to the site.. in searching that name Im not getting alot of results.  My guess is that there are not alot of users with that particular file on the network Its often the case when looking for video files that you will have to wait your turn for files.  Just because your que is only 14 doesnt mean that the other users ques will be that short or not shorter etc..

Once you have found a file you would like to download its best to go to your Transfers screen and right click the file.. and choose 'find sources now'  this will help find exact matches of that file your wanting and hopefully help speed it along.

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2007, 03:26:34 pm »
Try tp search in some opennap netowrks to get a better variety.
Usually, you do get a better choice of files there
Basic guide to opennap : https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/opennap.html

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Help with MX For Hody

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.008 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx