gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 11:07:54 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World  |  Site Feedback  |  Honour Roll Follow Up
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Honour Roll Follow Up  (Read 1665 times)

Offline tig

• Forum Member
  • WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE
Honour Roll Follow Up
« on: July 04, 2007, 01:54:27 pm »
Well were do I start. As everyone knows on the 29th of June Km closed winmxgroup. I personally understood KM's reasons for closing winmxgroup down. On the 2nd of July KM closed all caches for winmxgroup. This left winmxworld in chaos.

I personally was around at this time and I would like to thank a few people that helped accomplish a very busy time.

During this time we had tools that were available to us to use as soon as new stuff was available everything changed. These continuously changed and these people have helped to assist as everything was changing. Everything needed to be adjusted and worked on to get you guys back online. 

These people are:

TheMacDaddy. Support through yahoo and winmxworld help room.

Bug Hunter. Looking after the forums as we need someone continuously on it to assist you all.

Hollowlife. Taking the time to login and assist were he could while help fixing the problem of support.

Tiny4eve for organising to get something up in small amount of time as nothing seem to work.

Me_here and this one is because she got up and saw we only had hosts file to give out and added everything together to get a temporary patch going for you all.

The others I would like to thank are:

Sulphamicdemon for getting information up on other web sites as soon as he was available to do it also translating stuff for me.

Mircomecca through helping the temporary fix getting up and on the sites.

Snick for changing stuff to assist in the room.

Another big thankyou go to Fly Girl, Delta Epsilon Zion, Cherry, Twisted and I am sorry to the ones I have left anyone out. These 4 have giving time to help us accomplish getting people connected besides the normal admins of Winmxworld_help, and thankyou to them as well.

A big thanks to room offering extra support as well and these are:

Movie Junkies
THE HOT TUB
A MUSIC SPECTRUM

If I have missed anyone out I am really sorry. 

Another big thankyou is to Bearded Blunder, KM and Ghost Ship for adjusting patches and getting patches up during this time as well.

I would like to thank everyone for their time and effort on my behalf, I feel as thou if wasn’t for these people at this time we would not have been able to get this done.

People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. BY Norman Vincent Peale

Offline TheMacDaddy

• Forum Member
Re: Honour Roll Follow Up
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 04:58:49 pm »
I didnt do much really but what lil help i did give was given for my love of WinMx and its users
And i will do it all again at the drop of a hat to.
I may not be seen around much or chat that much but when it comes to winmx i will always be there....
With that said i am sure big thanks goes out to lots of others to and all i can say is THANKS
long live WinMX!!!!!!!!

Offline Victim

• Forum Member
    • Winmx 4 Eva
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 05:45:47 pm »
Yep, thanks for working releasing a hosts file so quick!

Excellent work.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 09:09:57 am »
I too would like to add a few words here as I dont want anyone in any doubt of how important the room and site support staff where in holding the line and keeping folks informed and operating whilst juggling with a conctantly changing situation, lets be honest here they bought the entire rescue effort valuable breathing space and made it possible to get those who where in a position to offer required talents or facilities freed up to do so.

Having been on the receiving end myself of a panic situation or two I can tell you folks it is life changing, so much gets accomplished in such a short space of time that your left feeling an anti climax for some time aftewards, the sheer enormity of what you and the team accomplished is the fodder for stories many years into the future.

The community salutes you all, I personally know the job you did and the pressure you all handled, when called to step up and defend the community we have all helped build many answered the call and took part in the fight, others did much more and raised themselves and those around them to the level that entiltes them to be called the few, we must never foget those few or indeed any who made a difference during the trial by fire.

Walk tall and be proud, the community has a long memory and you have all earned a place in it. 8)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World  |  Site Feedback  |  Honour Roll Follow Up

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.021 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx