gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 27, 2024, 02:54:46 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX on current Windows Versions  |  Can't install winmx in Vista
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Can't install winmx in Vista  (Read 2065 times)

Offline jimr

• Forum Member
Can't install winmx in Vista
« on: July 06, 2007, 03:06:14 am »
I have a new HP Pavillion, Vista computer, Comcast cable internet. I have used winmx 3.5x for years on my old XP using the same cable modem.

I downloaded winmx 3.53 and then tried 3.54 and during both installs, got the same msg: "Winmx was unable to make an outgoing TCP connection to it's test servers. This could be because this computer insn't currently directly connected to the internet, you are on a LAN and need to use a SOCKS .... or there is a temporary network problem". It won't let me continue without finishing this test.

I know the internet connection is working, it is a standalone computer not networked with anything. I don't know what to do next.

Thanks,
Jim

Offline bughunter

• Forum Member
Re: Can't install winmx in Vista
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 04:19:13 am »
ok when winmx wants to do the test cancell it and choose cancell test and manually config its the button on the botton left.........
check the bit that says no to a socks proxy in the fllowing pop up window , next it wil ask if you can or cant recieve tcp connections on and the default port is 6699 , now depending if you want to connect as a primary if so you check the bit that says can recieve tcp connections leave the default port as is, the next window asks the same about accepting udp connections again depending if you want to run primary then select yes to able to recieve udp connectionms default port is 6257  if you only want to run as a secondry connection then you select no to able to recieve both inbound tcp and udp connections after that just follow the wizard to complete the install............
note if you have selected yes to being able to recieve tcp and udp then you will be required to configure the ports on any router you may have this is [port forwarding..........
other wise give the appriate permissions in any firewalls you may have..............
if you get stuck then paste this room address in the address bar were the rooms would normally list its the thin black bar running across the screen WinMXWorld.com Help_E3D7EFD5BABE  and someone inm there will be able to assist you ,plz note winmx doesnt have to be connected for you to be able to join a room this way................

Offline jimr

• Forum Member
Re: Can't install winmx in Vista
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2007, 02:41:49 am »
Ok, redownloaded, reran per your instructions for secondary connection, still wan't connecting, then downloaded the vista patch, then realized the new name is not "winmx.exe" but "winmx354b.." and it wasn't installed in the "winmx" folder.  Moved the program and it is now working. Thanks!

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX on current Windows Versions  |  Can't install winmx in Vista

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.018 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx