gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 12:58:56 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Anger at Prince free CD giveaway
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Anger at Prince free CD giveaway  (Read 848 times)

Offline ]-[êll.Ôñ.ËÀR'][']-[.

• WMW Volunteer
  • Its hard being me...but i do it just great.
Anger at Prince free CD giveaway
« on: July 11, 2007, 10:08:52 pm »
The music industry has reacted angrily at a decision to give away the new album by US musician Prince with a tabloid newspaper.

seems the music industry has a little more to worry about now than filesharers lol

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6256732.stm

Offline Cobra

• Forum Member
  • I'm not me.
Re: Anger at Prince free CD giveaway
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 05:52:24 am »
They just played a smart card that the distributing companies can't.

After all, we all know this will result in all music becoming free someday, right? No, it just took the money out of the hands of distributers and put it somewhere else so they are whining. Prince already got his money out of the deal.

When Tiger Woods started playing professional golf and kicking the other players' butts breaking all of the records, they did not join together and say "How dare he play so well! He must be stopped! Throw him out because this is so wrong!". It forced them to work harder and change their tactics else they would always be at least one slot lower which means less money in their pockets. I think that is what has happened here. The distributors are now realizing that they can't just sit back and watch the money roll in the same way that they used to. They have to work harder for it, and they don't like that idea.
Downloading is an addiction I do not want to give up.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Anger at Prince free CD giveaway

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx