gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 18, 2024, 08:22:26 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Chat Issues  |  Have you ever gotten a reply while instant messaging a downloader?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Have you ever gotten a reply while instant messaging a downloader?  (Read 2550 times)

HighIncident888

Have many times over last few years, tried to use instant message function to a member engaged in a download from me. To say hiy, and see if it worked.

Have never once gotten a reply, even though the outgoing message seemed to work most times, a few times a message came back saying blocked due to privacy settings, but most times it seemed to go out.

I remember several times, years ago,  having such conversations on Napster.

Does it even work on WinMX?

Offline ]-[êll.Ôñ.ËÀR'][']-[.

• WMW Volunteer
  • Its hard being me...but i do it just great.
try clicking on  settings at the top of your winmx screen then go to incoming msgs & privacy try allow incoming msgs from any source then try msg someone and see if that helps, if not try sending them a msg  telling them you will dissconnect them if they cant even be bothered to reply lol
i usualy find most users with room tags have damn annoying autoresponders telling you to use their room if you want a start ( laughable when its them d/loading off of you in the first place)

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
yes it does work, but many many users leave winmx running & simply aren't there till hours later
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Offline Mizz

• Forum Member
and appart from people having privacy settings on most simply wont reply to your PM....personaly i have to say i have had way to much trouble with people PMing a HI and where do you live kind of message....unfortunatly there are a lot of freaks and weirdos out there looking for a cyberdate .... so rather then replying to your hello people feel safer ignoring the PM completly.

i for one do not answer PM's asking for any personal information or PM's with just a single HI... they usualy (not always) lead up a path id rather not be on.

no offence ;)
If God, in his infinite Wisdom, made me an Atheist...then who are you to Question him ?

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
Usually people aren't there when you reply asn as in my case many times, I'm not there when it comes lol. So it's less of people not replying and more of them simply not being there

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Offline HighIncident808

• Forum Member
Quote:
try clicking on  settings at the top of your winmx screen then go to incoming msgs & privacy try allow incoming msgs from any source then try msg someone and see if that helps, if not try sending them a msg  telling them you will dissconnect them if they cant even be bothered to reply lol
that certainly occured to me a number of times, someones got 3 uploads going out of me, and cant even be friendly.
I can understand the thing about creepy critters coming out of your screen at you unexpected, I think you can take total fear too far, but Im male, I get that women are harassed far more often and are far more fearful in that area overall.

Seemed amazing to me that out of probably 50 attempts over 4-5 yrs, not one answer, and the messages seem to be travelling out successfully.

Offline HighIncident808

• Forum Member
Yeah, the settings was ticked to allow Hotmail users?? but also allow people uploading or downloading.

so by nature since those are the only kinds of people Ive messaged, was not being blocked by win itself..

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Chat Issues  |  Have you ever gotten a reply while instant messaging a downloader?

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx