gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 16, 2024, 09:44:24 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World  |  Site Feedback  |  Site becoming confusing
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Site becoming confusing  (Read 2629 times)

Offline ]-[êll.Ôñ.ËÀR'][']-[.

• WMW Volunteer
  • Its hard being me...but i do it just great.
Site becoming confusing
« on: July 15, 2007, 02:26:09 pm »
please can we possibly have a notice up on the forum homepage asking ppl to look and try posting in the correct places according to what they want to discuss,  it is becoming a jumbled melee lately with people posting anything in any place they seem to click on 1st.
especialy if they like to look round most of there queries are answered elsewhere anyway

This will benifit all as
1/ the people who know about each separate post will be able to find them and answer any queries a lot  easier
2/ the people will get a better response from a wider range of people who check out these specific posts with a view to help

as it stands atm a lot of posts are being split into a lot of questions totally irrelevant to the original topics thus causing confusion in some answers and responses to them answers

its for the benefit of all users to keep to some kind of order when posting

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Re: Site becoming confusing
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 04:50:26 pm »
Thats not a bad suggestion HellonEarth,

The problem would be where to put it that they would actually read it.  As you say some folks just clicky clicky the first thing they find.. lol

I'll look into this..

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 05:11:25 pm »
One of the reasons might just be the mods being busy with other stuff and not having as much time to move threads and keep things orderly ;)
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

Offline Mizz

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2007, 07:00:32 pm »
maybe a huge annoyin irritatin sticky would do it ?
put one on every area to start with....

its a start lol....
If God, in his infinite Wisdom, made me an Atheist...then who are you to Question him ?

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2007, 11:09:58 pm »
I dont think we need to change the habits of a lifetime  :)

When time allows I,m sure we can have a tidy up and move some of the more mis-posted items to their rightful place, easy going is always preferable in my book.

Cheers ]-[êll.Ôñ.ËÀR'][']-[.  for keeping an eye on this trend and bringing it to notice  8)

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2007, 06:18:19 am »
fair enough i just thought it was looking a little jumbled and ppl getting confused as where to post as there seems to be so many topics in each section ( perhaps a deletion of old posts that no longer apply due to the new patches etc that  make them totaly irrelivant these days thus causing confusion to some trying to connect)
thanks for your answers though  :wink:

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2007, 04:57:02 am »
The bulk of those misplaced posts are related to connection problems...

Best leave them as they are and the'll soon go beyond the second page and then from our memories too. lol Moving posts will also pose the problem of letting the person know about it, in which we must leave a redirect topic and hence even more clutter to clean up lol

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2007, 06:08:42 am »
but that will still leave all the new ones that are misplaced on the 1st page so nothing would change anyway
perhaps when answering wrongly posted items a friendly note asking them to please check for the appropriate section would suffice then ppl will perhaps get in the habbit of posting correctly (or at least checking where they are posting) it would also serve for other posters to check as well after reading  the note whilst checking out posts.

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2007, 12:01:02 pm »
Well, seems nobody noticed I already moved around quite a few threads already - which I usually do on a regular basis btw - IF I got the time for it ;)

Btw, it's common to post a redirect topic first and remove it after 1 or 2 days, so mine have just been deleted earlier today.

I only bother with the first page usually though as the old stuff hardly gets any attention anyway.
I also went and locked a few threads cause they were inaccurate by now.

Generally I'd have to agree with GhostShip though, I'd go with easygoing anytime over enforcing rules or anything, we don't want to keep people from posting because they're afraid it's not the right place.
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2007, 07:24:35 pm »
Your forum tidying and weeding has been noticed by me aleast Nylly, please accept my thank's and the thanks of the regular users for putting in the extra time to keep the place looking spruce  8)

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2007, 09:22:26 pm »
Yes ty nylly.. i do see & appreciate the time you spend posting redirects & tidying up
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2007, 10:17:42 pm »
i did notice myself that the day i 1st posted some cleaning had been done and my replys have been to posts here since

I only bother with the first page usually though as the old stuff hardly gets any attention anyway.

my point was in response to SamSeeSam

Best leave them as they are and the'll soon go beyond the second page and then from our memories too

meaning that if ppl are posting in the wrong place then they will always be on the 1st page because new wrongly posted items will still be added

Generally I'd have to agree with GhostShip though, I'd go with easygoing anytime over enforcing rules or anything, .

no one was talking about kicking ass just perhaps a friendly note added to replys to the wrongly posted items

we don't want to keep people from posting because they're afraid it's not the right place

surely if the posts were kept to the appropriate topic then ppl wouldnt be afraid to post in the wrong place because it would be obvious then exactly where the post should go

perhaps a section especialy for posters (eg miscellaneous posts section ) who are not sure where it should go in the 1st place might be a idea that way a mod (when time permits) could move to the right section

i didnt originaly post here to make things more difficult (although it would seem i asked for the universe to be shifted over some)
i posted to perhaps make things a little clearer  for everyone so they dont have a problem posting because when i have sugested to ppl to come here and pose a question they say its way to confusing to bother (hence another possible member lost to the forum)

easy going may be preferable but it dosent make for easy using though, something i think a lot of ppl would preferr..... there is no point having rules at all if there not going to be enforced even in the smallest way  :)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World  |  Site Feedback  |  Site becoming confusing

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx