gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 27, 2024, 02:29:03 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  OpenNap Help  |  OpenNap Servers  |  beginners help for nap
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: beginners help for nap  (Read 10112 times)

Offline V81711

• Forum Member
beginners help for nap
« on: July 22, 2007, 03:05:18 am »
Hello, i have enjoyed winmx for several years and now running V3.54 beta 4 with latest fixs', Q?, ihas anyone got a 'help files for beginners to nap" i can take my time to read, most interested in trying this feature and hopefully can share my goodies. if there is a simpel help file that could be eamiled to me > tomscompserv@msn.com or be directed from this site i t would be greatly appreciated, ty....V81711 (tom)

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
Re: beginners help for nap
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 03:25:47 am »
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Offline V81711

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 02:16:49 am »
OK...ty...looks like some reading time.........v8

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 05:01:46 am »
https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?topic=3947.0.html

Go there to get a working opennap server list

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Offline V81711

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 02:37:57 am »
TY ppl, i have attempted to setup a server via slava and would like to know the proceedure to get my listing into a WSX list, or how else can that work...ty...tom

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 10:54:34 am »
to get your server in a .wsx file listing, have your server added on your WinMX List. Highlight just your server if you want to add it only, or select all if you want to export your entire serverlist along with yours. then click the "Export WSX" button. whatever is highlighted at this time will be added to a .wsx file. To get this out to the users, Be sure to share it :-) and try to give it priority upload. log on some other popular servers with it shared and folks will come after it and import it to their WinMX serverlist.  one thing that is very important about distributing WSX files is the date code, which is pretty basic. these dates have to be kept current so people will see the file when they hit the "Find WSX" button. for example, today is July 26, 2007. that translates to 20070726. When WinMX creates the file it adds 4 dates starting with the present date. You can rename it/them whenever you want. sharing several copies of your .wsx will also help a great deal in getting it noticed on search results.
if you want your WSX to last an entire week starting today, the file name should look like this:
PUBLIC 20070726 20070727 20070728 20070729 20070730 20070731 20070801.wsx

open a .wsx file sometime with notepad. it's a very simple format that can be hand-typed without even using WinMX to create it.  I would recommend creating it with WinMX to start off with..

also visit http://www.gotnap.com and register yourself an account. register your network name and server host name. they will return login information via e-mail and you will enter this in slavanap settings under gotnap reporting. this will display your server on the gotnap database and provide your server address to the NapMX program as well as the current up-to-the-minute .wsx file found at gotnap under the client formats tab, as well as to other common nap clients that use gotnap to constantly update the serverlist automatically, such as XNap and Lopster.  Once this is implemented, users will come almost instantly.

What's your server addy, btw?  I'll stop in and check it out...

Offline V81711

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2007, 04:13:09 am »
smokerillo...ty for you help...we're all new at this at some time but getting better...had online help from a fellow countryman yesterday as well....will get back another time with add..........new question?  a friend can browse my folder ok but can't download from me, will disconnect almost immediatly where as other ppl can easily download from either place..reg/search or browse...and suggestions to solves this mystery

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2007, 11:08:28 am »
a few more details pls, is this on your server, or anywhere on winmx in general?
it could either be a port problem or your slavanap IPs.slv file might need an edit..

Offline V81711

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2007, 02:49:33 am »
Smokerillo.......problem resolved as i was posting the message...my friiend changed their winmx connection and downloaded ok after that...ty for you response anyway.
anyone looking for dvd software and more to suite xp and vista, help yourself at my site >  http://home.people.net.au/~tj454342/TOMBO.htm

Offline V81711

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2007, 01:49:24 am »
((((((((( Smokerillo & others )))))))))))))  some basic info about my attempt in slavanet etc, using host name v81711.no-ip.biz ...ports 3456 8888 ... i don't run a perm/ IP addy so i'm not sure how much difference this makes???....i can be found in a winmx nap search for a file which i have setup an MP3 named v81711 browse ,search for this file and you will be able to browse folders.....would like some feed back about perm/ IP addy??/....ty...tom v8

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2007, 03:44:25 am »
would like some feed back about perm/ IP addy??
I am assuming you registered a dynamic dns hostname from dyndns. you want to be sure to update it often. the best way to do that is to download their update tool, enter your login info into it and allow it to run on startup and connect, and that will keep your hostname aligned with your IP addresses as they change.

Is it pointed at your IP now, or is your server running? I get a connection timed out on v81711.no-ip.biz ...ports 3456 8888

Offline V81711

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2007, 06:46:48 am »
question)))))))))))))))) i am trying to use the PFconfig prog 1.0.144... during install one file fails to install...
win32 scrrun.dll ... when i try to update the router it won;t recognise the user name and # ...have i wasted my time with this one or??/

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2007, 11:33:01 pm »
V81711

I think your going to have to go back to the makers of that program which happen to live at www.portforward.com and ask them how to fix it, I can only assume you have purchased this as its a pay program. 

Alternatively if you havent paid for this and would like free instructions just go to the this link, find your model of modem or router, then click on the WinMX link on the next page or select the program you 'DO' want to forward for.. or you can also choose default guide from the top of that page.

http://portforward.com/routers.htm

Offline V81711

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2007, 05:31:42 am »
((((((((((((((new Q? )))))))))))))))
not realy nap related but! is there a way to search for a winmx user if you have the right name...so as to direct connect for a browse?

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2007, 05:46:38 am »
no, if you have the name of a file they have there's a *small* chance they'll turn up in a search that way..
but the decentralised nature of winmx prevents doing what you asked
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2007, 05:15:41 am »
if you're sure of the correct spelling of the users' name, you can manually add them to your hotlist. but, as mentioned above, this does not work with the decentralized wpn. only on nap servers..

WinMX World :: Forum  |  OpenNap Help  |  OpenNap Servers  |  beginners help for nap

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx