gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 10:38:36 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World  |  Site Feedback  |  clafirication on official winmxworld policy
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: clafirication on official winmxworld policy  (Read 32267 times)

KM

clafirication on official winmxworld policy
« on: August 10, 2007, 01:42:15 am »
As a former admin (especially as one of the founders) I feel I am entitled to clarification on the official policy of winmxworld regarding several matters.

1. the issue of censorship of things you disagree with, if someone says something you dislike, is it now official policy to hide, remove, or sidetrack such discussions (as has happened on several occasions)? please clarify if this is an official policy of lies and deceit (in a similar manner to the mxlie policy, although currently to a lesser scale)

2. the issue of winmxworlds insistence on trying to get together information on the network, now you are well aware (the most senior admins are definitely more than aware, others will have seen it mentioned and i should hope would be smart enough to have figured it out) that this information in the wrong hands is extremely harmful not only to the entire network, and to every single user on it, but also endangers every other user on the internet even if they have never heard of winmx before - now this dangerous information you have, it has been announced on several intentions you plan to release it to the public... care to try to justify this? and will you still be stubborn enough to deny a problem whilst your home connection is being hit with 400Mbit+ of attack traffic using the information you insisted on releasing?

3. why was winmxworld originally formed? why was it set up as a new help site when there were already other sites about? and do you really really think winmxworld is still what it was meant to be? the fact that one of the founding members was forced to leave over issues of what this place has turned in to lately makes this question pointless answering, however i ask it purely to make you think about it on the off chance you might decide to get rid of the vladd administration that currently runs the site and get some fucking admins who actually agree with what the site was meant to be (but somehow i doubt it's going to happen)

(or alternatively you can either just censor this post or simply do your usual tactic of refusing to answer the questions with some pointless "hey didn't you leave? so I'm going to pretend your questions aren't valid as an excuse to not answer them" bullshit - which i would accept as being an answer in itself)

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• my name is nooks, and I approve this message
  • MX Hosts
  • Dream BIG, Live BIGGER!!
Re: clafirication on official winmxworld policy
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 02:15:40 am »
As a former admin (especially as one of the founders) I feel I am entitled to clarification on the official policy of winmxworld regarding several matters.
You are entitled to be honest with the users of WinMX as to what WinMXWorld's policies are. However UN-likely the likelyhood is that it will happen originating from your fingertips.
1. the issue of censorship of things you disagree with, if someone says something you dislike, is it now official policy to hide, remove, or sidetrack such discussions (as has happened on several occasions)? please clarify if this is an official policy of lies and deceit (in a similar manner to the mxlie policy, although currently to a lesser scale)
As an admin I can say that I have NEVER seen NOT ONE post by any user censored in any way shape or fashion. I do however believe your intensions in this thread are to mislead, enflame, and/or sidetrack the users of WinMX into believing something that is completely untruthfull about this site as well as others
2. the issue of winmxworlds insistence on trying to get together information on the network, now you are well aware (the most senior admins are definitely more than aware, others will have seen it mentioned and i should hope would be smart enough to have figured it out) that this information in the wrong hands is extremely harmful not only to the entire network, and to every single user on it, but also endangers every other user on the internet even if they have never heard of winmx before - now this dangerous information you have, it has been announced on several intentions you plan to release it to the public... care to try to justify this? and will you still be stubborn enough to deny a problem whilst your home connection is being hit with 400Mbit+ of attack traffic using the information you insisted on releasing?
Is your fear that because you know how to do/use/or misuse this information that you also believe that others may choose to think as you would???
3. why was winmxworld originally formed? why was it set up as a new help site when there were already other sites about? and do you really really think winmxworld is still what it was meant to be? the fact that one of the founding members was forced to leave over issues of what this place has turned in to lately makes this question pointless answering, however i ask it purely to make you think about it on the off chance you might decide to get rid of the vladd administration that currently runs the site and get some fucking admins who actually agree with what the site was meant to be (but somehow i doubt it's going to happen)
Would this senior member be you?, Would it be that you were not forced to leave? Would it be that you chose to leave because others refused to let you act like a jackass to individual members of the help room and that because you couldn't have it your way you decided it was no longer fun for you? Would it be that you think this site is no longer what it was started to be because you will not be allowed to belittle every single person who disagrees with your point of view and that you can not bully people into seeing things your way anymore? Would it be that you now know you are not a god on WinMX as you so boldly made your name in the help room?
(or alternatively you can either just censor this post or simply do your usual tactic of refusing to answer the questions with some pointless "hey didn't you leave? so I'm going to pretend your questions aren't valid as an excuse to not answer them" bullshit - which i would accept as being an answer in itself)
Your post will stay right here I imagine. I believe that I am not the only person who is tired of you manipulating information, bullying users with your words and shitty attitude, and in general attempting to defame anyone who disagrees with you. it will not be censored, not even slightly.
When you wake up each morning always try to remember tomorrow is never your option, it's God's. Love like you want to. Live like you aren't afraid. And ALWAYS try to remember that even if it seems personal it's never as important as something you may have forgotten to do today.

WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE - For WinMX help or help on other pc related matters.
WinMXWorld.com Cafe_AE182F4ECAFE - For great chat.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 02:18:30 am »
KM, you make many dramatic claims and I for one am disappointed with the slurs and uneccessary things your implying go on here.

For those wondering why KM chose to post here its because he was ejected from the chatroom, prior to this KM was making the case that if we proceeded with an open src patch release that this would have ramifications on the wpn that we had not looked into, this of course is KM,s claim.

I was called to the chatroom and asked KM the reasonable question of why he though it was dangerous to go open src with a connection patch, he then went on to outline an attack that we had known about for some time and had no bearing on the patch or its code as a connection patch does not need to use the parts of winmx protocol he claimed would be a problem, I,m of the opinion KM is drunk as I know for a fact in his lucid state he would not make such flawed claims as he has not done so before, its practically unheard of.

The sites policy is unchanged, valid winmx discussions are welcomed , personal attacks are not and off topic personal attacks are removed to the moderation section to be discussed there by the sites mods and admins, yes we all talk about what should be done with each rogue post, openness is the best policy, the same policy you and ourselves followed for many years KM.

I think I speak for 99% of the users here KM is saying we have all the time in the world for your advice and ideas, what I,m hearing here fits into neither catagory and this I find disappointing.

Whats happened to you discussioning concerns with your friends ?

KM

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 02:46:52 am »
Thank you for answering, I stated it would be considered an answer if you refused to answer the questions and attempted to merely claim it as invalid

I suggest anyone wanting information on his claims to not know of the risks should also note he even admits to knowing of the risk and claims them to not be a problem... in which case if it's not a problem why not invite someone to do it and you can show off how minor the problem is?

(for the record, no, i have not had any alcohol at all to drink and he is merely trying to get users ignoring the foremost winmx expert purely because he knows full well that I speak the truth and can back up any claims with evidence if required, whereas anything he announces is only likely to ever be based on hearsay or guesses and he is apparently trying to get users to not even listen to anything I say in the hope they will listen to hearsay over fact - a policy very much like the mxlie policy which they use to try to get users to not listen to the problems mxlie are causing, and they even have half of their admins not believing in the flooder problem ffs)

I believe this is the part where I'm meant to repeat the original questions and ask for some answers, however the previous posts consist of an admin refusing to even read the questions and just jumping in to claim me as some evil doer, followed by a senior admin refusing to acknowledge there even are any questions and just jumping in calling me a drunken fool in an attempt to deceive users - so I doubt it's worth the effort, and i'll just go for the original option of taking their response as an answer in itself

btw anyone wondering why winmxworld was founded in the first place should check out the wayback machine archives of the vladd forum, which was at the time the only major help site - it was meant as an alternative to that elitist group of bullshitting idiots that were running the place. Also take note of some of the names of those admins there whose policy we were meant to be completely opposed to... yes, some of those names do look familiar, and a few others changed usernames when becoming winmxworld admins. (to merlin: that's not directed at you, you may have come from that group however you certainly don't have their mentality that we were meant to be opposed to, so don't think that's directed at you)

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• MX Hosts
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007, 03:00:36 am »
(for the record, no, i have not had any alcohol at all to drink and he is merely trying to get users ignoring the foremost winmx expert purely because he knows full well that I speak the truth and can back up any claims with evidence if required, whereas anything he announces is only likely to ever be based on hearsay or guesses and he is apparently trying to get users to not even listen to anything I say in the hope they will listen to hearsay over fact - a policy very much like the mxlie policy which they use to try to get users to not listen to the problems mxlie are causing, and they even have half of their admins not believing in the flooder problem ffs)
Then conider it required as I personally would not believe a word you had to say otherwise anymore. Since YOU CHOSE to leave WMW. CHOSE to close winmxgroup site and become a total jerkoff whenever you're in the  help room. And even CHOSE bitching IN THE ROOM about someone asking you for help, I couldn't imagine me believing you otherwise.
When you wake up each morning always try to remember tomorrow is never your option, it's God's. Love like you want to. Live like you aren't afraid. And ALWAYS try to remember that even if it seems personal it's never as important as something you may have forgotten to do today.

WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE - For WinMX help or help on other pc related matters.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2007, 03:19:14 am »
KM, I have no wish to damage the WPN by publishing the information neccesary to prove you wrong in your claims, nor do I feel your acting sensibly atm so its best you contact me directly to resolve this if you really do have valid concerns and new information that is not in my possession you feel is relevant.

Anything else is pure unnecessary drama.

KM

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2007, 03:27:11 am »
So you admit that you are in fact fully aware of the issue and the damage, then do you wish to explain why you keep talking about how you want to figure out the actual implementation for it and release details to whoever wants it? is it because you intend to do that, or is it in fact bullshit in an attempt to lie to users about openness and shit (which this site has not been for a while - i used to be the only one actually giving out information anyone wanted and answering any technical questions users had, since i left every single question anyone has asked that any even semi-open site would answer has in fact got a refusal in response)

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• MX Hosts
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2007, 03:30:02 am »
proof?

KM

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2007, 03:37:20 am »
of?

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• MX Hosts
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2007, 03:51:28 am »
So you admit that you are in fact fully aware of the issue and the damage, then do you wish to explain why you keep talking about how you want to figure out the actual implementation for it and release details to whoever wants it? is it because you intend to do that, or is it in fact bullshit in an attempt to lie to users about openness and shit (which this site has not been for a while - i used to be the only one actually giving out information anyone wanted and answering any technical questions users had, since i left every single question anyone has asked that any even semi-open site would answer has in fact got a refusal in response)
that?

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• MX Hosts
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2007, 04:07:39 am »
How about proof of any of the rediculous claims you've made. I don't have to try and paint you out to be a bad guy. You've already done that to yourself. Back up any and all allegations. You claim someone wanted to supply potentially damaging info on how to do harm to this network as well as the web then by all means, don't just talk the talk, walk the walk friend. You've done this network more harm just by making these allegations of wrongdoing than Nobber himself has with all his rediculous claims. Which I believe is your soul intention with this thread to begin with. And yes I can put you in that category. You've made claims. Now back them up big boy and give us this proof you claim to have. So far all I've seen you do is try and twist what individuals have said to your own rendition of what you think it means or want others to think it means. But show your proof dude. And show it in their words, not yours.

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2007, 04:20:45 am »
may i possibly interject here?

this isn't about the damage to winmx that may or may not ensue from release of src code to a connection patch

if KM says there's a risk i for one take that damned seriously.. look at the chaos that ensued from him releasing stuff where he thought there was NONE & here he states there is one

i'm throwing in another question..

what about the security implications for EVERY SINGLE WINDOWS COMPUTER IN USE if this is released?

have you considered it?  a blueprint to hijack a program.. how wise is putting code to do that into the hands of every random script kiddie who cares to download it?

please think carefully
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• MX Hosts
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2007, 04:29:52 am »
Merlin I do agree with you in what you say but what I don't agree with is the allegation that WMW would knowingly and willingly give teaching to anyone in how to perform such an attack and not only that but the rest of the rediculous statements that there's censorship, that there's any support for wrongdoing, or anything of the nature. If KM says there's a vulnerability I have no doubt in my mind there is because he says so. But all of this is another tantrum that could've and SHOULD'VE been handled other than the places it already has been discussed. By doing as he has this evening I saw peeks in certain individuals curiosity that wouldn't have thought otherwise until he said what he said and where he said it. So now I'm saying back up any allegations that anyone from WMW would support any such act of sponcering script kiddies or back off and quit lying deliberately to make WMW look bad.
Far as I'm concerned he's the only one endorsing anything and is continuing to do so by dragging this on the way he is.

KM

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2007, 04:43:18 am »
you mean his claims that he is well aware of the damage of the information he has been telling everyone he plans to give out? read the post i was replying to perhaps?

or the repeated statements of an intention to release the source code for some patch they are trying to find someone to write? (although I'd expect that editing that would be a temporary thing, followed a couple of days later by some VB program with a text box and a "kill them" button) do you really want to claim you have never seen such statements on here about wanting such a patch made public?

depending on which of those it was you wanted some "proof" for, as an admin, is it that you post replies without even bothering to read the thread first? or is it that you don't bother paying any attention at all to what is happening around you? or was it something else you were wanting proof of?

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• MX Hosts
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2007, 04:53:44 am »
you mean his claims that he is well aware of the damage of the information he has been telling everyone he plans to give out? read the post i was replying to perhaps?

or the repeated statements of an intention to release the source code for some patch they are trying to find someone to write? (although I'd expect that editing that would be a temporary thing, followed a couple of days later by some VB program with a text box and a "kill them" button) do you really want to claim you have never seen such statements on here about wanting such a patch made public?

depending on which of those it was you wanted some "proof" for, as an admin, is it that you post replies without even bothering to read the thread first? or is it that you don't bother paying any attention at all to what is happening around you? or was it something else you were wanting proof of?
I have never seen not one person say anything of a "kill them" button and I will not be baited into an arguement. Prove your statements true. All of them. Every single one, or simply quit lying because as of yet you have not shown a thread of proof to any claim of wrongdoing by anyone on this site. Put up or shut up. Simple as that.

Offline Mizz

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2007, 05:52:53 am »
"he is merely trying to get users ignoring the foremost winmx expert purely because he knows full well that I speak the truth and can back up any claims with evidence if required"

Can you say GODCOMPLEX ?

Its simply sickning to see how yet again you seek youre attention in some childish manner.

Yet again the MIGHTY KM feels the need to have the spotlight turned onto him as he feels he is the FOREMOST winmx expert....and how does he get his daily doses of attention ? Well its clear enought (again) he wil sit here with all his experiance and know how and dazzle all us stupid winmx users with lots of technical mumbo jumbo....but the common winmx user isnt as stupid as you would hope tho KM...they can see passed the childish bullshit and youre tantrum throwing easy enough..

I never wanted to say this but DAMN !!! do you have no life child ? are you so desperate for attention that this is the only way u can still get it ? i picture u as a child sitting behind a pc....stomping his tiny feet for yet again....no one sees me...

GROW UP .... youre display of tantrums is boring at BEST...it serves no purpose at all and it only shows you for what u really are...

A child with no life experiance what so ever...so u make up by slinging crapp and stomping youre feet in order not to become invisible to the rest of the world....gheezus ive seen 4 year olds with more backbone then you...but then again u will read this post and think YEYYYY i got another idiot to reply to my topic...so i must not be invisible yet huh.

you know what you need ?  a good oldfashioned ASSKICKING...or in this case a spanking....thats what children deserve after all after being unruly and poorly mannered..

I spose we should count our blessings and be glad youre delusions of grandure are restricted to WinMX only....god forbid u ever went into politics...u would start a WAR simply to get youre way. As most dictators have actauly...

and who the hell am i to talk ? im only some blond twit with no sence at all....im about as dence as they come when it comes to technical stuff and computers...but im also a MOTHER and i can spot a spoiled little brat a MILE away....but in youre case thankfully we never have to look to far for a spoiled brat huh KM.

For all the other admins i would like to say this: Stop feeding this minors ego....u are adding fuel to a flame and it is to no purpose what so ever...he will not learn and he will not change...and yes so he was cofounder and yes he deserves proper respects and yes BLAHBLAHBLAH....if you all keep this up tho....things will never change and u will be more busy dealing with the childs outbursts then anything else....the choice is yours.

Alice
If God, in his infinite Wisdom, made me an Atheist...then who are you to Question him ?

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2007, 06:18:31 am »
I don't think theres anybody out there that can claim they know more
about winmx than KM... and if they did claim it,it would be BS.And
I don't think this is about seeking attention at all...1 of his concerns
is about his patch becoming opensource and theres obviously a concern
there and i think he "just might" know a little about it since he's the
creator of the patch.The first time i seen any mention of his patch
becoming opensource i caught a few flies, my mouth was hangin open so
far...i didnt think it was a wise decision then and i dont think its
a wise decision now... thats my 2 cents

p.s. and i aint joinin in on the "what have you done for me lately"
theme that seems to be the trend

Offline Stevi

• #1 DJ
  • MX Hosts
  • Ooops! I blew up the commercials!
    • WinMX Radio
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2007, 06:40:13 am »
KM. I do agree with you in the fact that a connection patch should not be Open Source. However, you have become very rude since you shut down WinMXGroup. In the room I asked for a little help on the WinMX Web Chat by 2sen for the WinMX Radio Station. I am sure there are logs of your attacks against my persons. I think I remember something along the lines of, Why cant you do anything yourself?, and, Why do I always have to do something for you? I was very upset by this. I was merely asking for guidance as to why it wasn't working. As for this self proclaimed "God" stuff, I think you don't deserve to call yourself a "God" as a "God" would help those in need, NOT BULLY THEM!!!!! Also you know the policy in the room. When someone is trying to get help, you stop the mindless chatter. I asked for it to stop, yet you keep on going. This is how users get confused and don't get the help they need.

I have said what I needed to say.

Offline tig

• Forum Member
  • WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2007, 06:45:25 am »
I have moved this here for now so that I can speak to me here and quicks before they decide what they want to do. As I feel that this is bickering between all of admins and feel that it  is not necessary to show everyone how we are acting towards each other with this particular situation.

Until otherwise decided I have moved it here

People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. BY Norman Vincent Peale

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2007, 08:40:45 am »
For myself I would rather this thread was kept public as I dont have anything to hide and this could be said to be censorship, especially if KM is unable to read it.

KM is calling himself the expert so let him answer this definitively, the attack he outlines (using wpn network primary TCP) is one that has no place in the patch secondary users wont need such code and primary users are filtered at the Primary UDP level, so knowing this the question is simple, where does the attack you mention enter into a patch not using the protocol your refferring to ?

You where asked this in the chatroom and ignored this as the log will show so either your not the expert you claim or your misleading people on purpose.

As Nooky says show your proof that I intend to publish or use the wpn primary TCP network protocol or apologise, you may be the more louder of the two of us but your wrong technically in this case.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World  |  Site Feedback  |  clafirication on official winmxworld policy

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.026 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx