gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 09:05:02 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  Disappearanvce of WinMx from my system
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Disappearanvce of WinMx from my system  (Read 1070 times)

idontbelieve

Disappearanvce of WinMx from my system
« on: August 07, 2007, 12:28:34 am »
Don't know if I am in the right place but here goes.
Some months ago I downloaded WinMX and paid (can't remember the correct amount) for lifetime downloads. I did dowmload a few songs months ago and recently tried to do so again to find my WinMX has vanished from my computer. Can anyone tell me if I have been the victim of a hoax. I would download again but don't want to have the same problem.

Offline e160877

• Forum Member
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 12:39:04 am »
Yes, you have become a Winmx victim.  Winmx never has been, and never will be, a paid product.  It has always been free but there were rogue companies out there selling it when they shouldn't have been.  You can download it for free from this website.

Offline ]-[êll.Ôñ.ËÀR'][']-[.

• WMW Volunteer
  • Its hard being me...but i do it just great.
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 06:15:53 am »
yes you have been scammed uninstall whatever rubbish they gave you & get the real (free one) from here
https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/connection.html
if you have any problems installing post back and someone will be sure to help you ( free of course)

idontbelieve

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 10:05:35 am »
Thank you for the reply. I have just downloaded from your suggested site and here's hoping.  I Googled WinMx a little while ago and the top site looked O.k. so I investigated to find it was the very site I had downloaded from previously.  Still has the various payments listed. Wonder why it is still there.
Cheers

Offline ]-[êll.Ôñ.ËÀR'][']-[.

• WMW Volunteer
  • Its hard being me...but i do it just great.
Re: Disappearanvce of WinMx from my system
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 10:42:22 pm »
its still there because ppl are still being scammed into paying for free software (and are paying unfortunatly)
they get round this by saying they offer a backup service when in reality all they provide is a old winmx copy that in most cases wont connect at all
all we can do is try get the word out there that winmx is free and always will be all the while ppl like ourselves from this site have anything to do with it

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  Disappearanvce of WinMx from my system

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx