gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 18, 2024, 01:57:26 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World  |  Site Feedback  |  clafirication on official winmxworld policy
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: clafirication on official winmxworld policy  (Read 32410 times)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: clafirication on official winmxworld policy
« Reply #220 on: August 23, 2007, 03:23:38 am »
No KM I am most certainly not confirming Hollow is currently working on the patch, I do note however you have done as claimed by launching into an attack on him, was it really necessary to do so when he and others merely want to help the community in the best way they can ?

Offline ]-[êll.Ôñ.ËÀR'][']-[.

• WMW Volunteer
  • Its hard being me...but i do it just great.
« Reply #221 on: August 23, 2007, 06:02:53 am »
Thanks for the explanation ghost i am willing to accept that and leave it be.

Hollow

« Reply #222 on: August 23, 2007, 09:46:34 am »
KM: I have stopped development on the patch a long time ago, and have no further plans to continue development of it due to the fact that when ever I attempt to start developing something for WinMX again a certain someone always has something to say about it so I just quit, I have too much drama in my real life I don't need it on the net also.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #223 on: August 23, 2007, 03:07:42 pm »
My apologies for the low blows aimed at you here Hollow.

Its always folks like yourself who work quietly in the background who are often forgotten when big events happen, Hollow was one of those who took time in 2005 to help resurrect Mx and susequently went in the direction of the pie team, not once has he refused to help fellow users, instead treading the path between groups to help where and when he can has been his trademark, you at least have my thanks Hollow for the portion of the work you completed for the project  8)

« Reply #224 on: August 24, 2007, 05:51:26 am »
Perhaps thats where you need to be G.S. way in the background. Things might calm down then.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #225 on: August 24, 2007, 08:26:53 am »
The problem with taking your advice guest is it allows people to accuse you of doing things behind their backs as well as ensuring nothing is ever discussed openly.

This topic has had some heated replies from concerned folks and made clear to me at least that many users have a poor understanding of how winmx actually works, to know that is a good thing as it allows that defecit in knowledge to be addressed in the future.

Whatever some folks claim they cannot say with hand on heart that I have done winmx any damage by planning for certain contingencies.

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #226 on: August 24, 2007, 09:35:24 am »
You might not have damaged winmx ghost,but you played a pretty
significant role in destroying "friendships" on this forum.Banning
your former (core group) from this site for not agreeing with you.
You talked down to these 3 "friends" of yers as if they didnt belong
in the same room with you.If you can't see what's happened here over
the past month or so i'm afraid that you never will.KM-Banned/bughunter-
Banned/Bearded-Did the honourable thing of resigning because of the way
you talked down to him and for the way this site has headed/Nobby-Unbanned
you see it yet? Maybe you should read back on some old topics and see
what you thought of Nobby not so long ago,then you might see how you
and this forum have changed.This place used to be awesome...The greatest
winmx help site winmx had ever seen...where people enjoyed helping their
fellow users overcome problems they were experiencing.The forerunners
succeeding in helping people were Me_Here (who i dont know from a whole
in the ground) from other than this forum...her eagerness to help always
and probably always will stand out..Then there was KM and Bearded who
both answered a large amount of the more technical questions (along with
the more basic questions)...then BugHunter who always wore the WmW badge
so proudly and came to defend it anytime he was needed or felt it was
time that he proved the poster (usually Nobby) wrong.These 3 guys are
irreplaceable and you dont seem to care the slightest bit about them
(your friends) being banned from this forum which they helped you create
.Yes they did help you create this place by answering questions honestly
and using their knowledge to inform and help users of this forum.It just
amazes me the gratitude they're given for their hours of service to this
forum.Anyways,who the hell am i right? I'm just some little peon on winmx
that doesnt matter.

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
  • We all wear masks... metaphorically speaking...
« Reply #227 on: August 24, 2007, 11:32:52 am »
Oh please, all Bughunter has ever done, is swear, personally abuse folks and Lie (he was caught telling lies again in this very thread), KM decided to leave Winmx dropping his patch users in the sh*t and Bearded has resigned over a patch that hasnt even been written yet. It is also true that myself and Ghostship have had our public differences, but we have throughout this mess give or take a few months, always maintained some line of communication between the groups,  with the intention certainly on my part of exploiting any common ground we could for the good of winmx. I would consider an open source patch written by supporters of both teams, good solid common ground, its a shame a few here cannot, i just hope those working on this patch are not attacked by these fools, seems Hollow has already recieved his fill of unwarranted abuse, shame on those idiots.

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #228 on: August 24, 2007, 02:59:10 pm »
Quote from GhostShip Today at 09:26:53 am
The problem with taking your advice guest is it allows people to accuse you of doing things behind their backs as well as ensuring nothing is ever discussed openly

if everything and i mean everything was discussed openly no one would be accusing you of doing things behind there backs as there would be no reason or excuse to be able to
Funny how you blame people of missleading others and not being honest when it suits your own cause yet its plain to see throughout this thread that is exactly wht you are the main instigator of even down to bringing ex pie on board to support yourself whilst getting rid of the people that have helped this site & protected it from the lies of these verry people over the years ( another case of covering your own ass for all to see

This topic has had some heated replies from concerned folks and made clear to me at least that many users have a poor understanding of how winmx actually works, to know that is a good thing as it allows that defecit in knowledge to be addressed in the future.

This being a help site for winmx users wouldnt the above statement follow as a majority of ppl here are seeking help so obviously have a lesser understanding of how winmx works without your arrogant and condasending posts in pointing this out to them ??????

Whatever some folks claim they cannot say with hand on heart that I have done winmx any damage by planning for certain contingencies

i beg to differ on that one ghost as loosing friends and banning/alienating some of the best help this site ever had is sure damaging for winmx
as for planning for certain contingencies ... meaning worrying KM will pull the plug altogether on winmx ( lets at least be open & honest  on that score) if bringing ex pie on board & a few ppl who tried in the past but couldnt make any headway without KMs help is the way then god help winmx in the future.... as everyone can see its allready bought a downturn to this sites former excelent reputation in helping the ppl of winmx ( they might just as well hop over to pie right now and cut out the middle men/women that this site has now become)
at least with KMs arrogance came a sound knowledge that we could all trust in.....Bughunters colourfull posts (at times lol ok well most of the time) came a high degree of help & truthfulness & everyone knew where they stood..... as for bearded blunder ( yet another font of knowledge & helpfullness unsurpassed by no one person on this site)WTF did he do except dissagree with yourself & post back with the same degree of contempt that he was shown by yourself

myself... arrogant (guilty) blinkerd (guilty) insulting (guilty when i felt i was being insulted back) wrong (perhaps at times but always with the best intentions for winmx at heart) argumentative (guilty) but only to stand my own corner & at times of others i felt had valid points to make.... but with over 300 posts a vast majority of them helping the comunity in learning & enjoying there winmx im not all bad am i ?? (although i have no doubt this post will be made to seem that way as always seems to happen of late)

well i for one have know come to a point where im not so sure i want to continue after the way things have gone the past couple of months or so ........ i am going to take some time to mull things over and decide what to do for the best as for me it has always been about helping ppl of winmx ( even if ruffling a few feathers along the way  :wink: )
as with reef I'm just another  "little peon on winmx" a small cog in the works so to speak that dosent matter especialy if your names ghostship the latest self proclaimed saviour of winmx along with his new sidekick ..Ñøßߥ..

Offline chuck

• Forum Member
« Reply #229 on: August 24, 2007, 03:54:58 pm »
 Ive read this thread and reread many times trying to figure out where all this has gone so wrong.Hell On Earth ive agreed with what youve said on this forum more than anyone Bug no matter what anyone says i know youve allways had the users of mx on your mind in all your post ( they do make me laff but are ment to protect mx),Bearded ive respected you but not allways agreed with you. All this has gone to hell when Ghost and nobby's working together has came to the forfront.As many of you know for years you could not say vladd with out saying nobby,so its verry hard for many to trust any thing nobby says or does or wants to do.nobby you said in post 277 to bug :(Oh please, all Bughunter has ever done, is swear, personally abuse folks and Lie ) ,nobby the same can be said of you for many years on this forum and on vladds old forum so watch throwing rocks.Ghost i once thought you were the main one keeping this forum on a even keal but with all the banning of those that have been loong time winmxworld backers and the un banning of some that have for many years been anti winmxworld ive got to ask whats up with that?I dont think your trying to kill mx i dont even think nobby is trying to kill mx but i have to wonder if whats going on now isnt going to set mx back years by looseing many long time users that have stuck with winmxworld from day one,That can not be a good thing for winmxworld or winmx in the long run.Do i have a answer to all this ? hell no. I didnt dig this hole youve dug for your self.I do think you need to think about who brought you to this dance and may be try to mend some fences with some old frends your leaveing behind now.Pie could not get along a few years back and split now with nobbys help winmx world is doing the same thing.I really think its time for someone to come forward besides nobby , vladd, Km or your self ghost to bring winmx in to the new world im not saying for any of you to stop just get out of the front run this site as it once was . I cant see one good thing that has come from you and nobby working together,It has hurt this site and youve lost frends.I do think if winmx is going to ever be more than what it is today all will have to work together but not like its going now if you loose all your frends and many users over all this fighting whats left to save. I dont have any answers im not a coder but it doesnt take a coder to see things going to shit fast.
Sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
« Reply #230 on: August 24, 2007, 04:09:44 pm »
  All this has gone to hell when Ghost and nobby's working together has came to the forfront

Why is it SO tough for you idiots to understand something thats SO SIMPLE, i am NOT working with or for Ghostship, HE approached me with the concept of the Open source patch, i in turn said i would do what i could to 1. Get vladd and his sites to back such a patch 2. Throw any ideas or thoughts on the subject i might have. 3. Would offer some resources to help distribute and support such a patch in the community spirit its intended, this support may include BW, hosting space etc, none of this is even close to in use as there is NO PATCH YET.

Ghost and his team are making the patch, not me, not my team, not my patch, not Pies patch, not my influence, FFS you guys, please get over yourselves and try to understand the simple facts. Ghost and  small team from WmW and some Pee supporters are writing a patch, its not finished, its release date is unknown, its completion date is unknown, its final release status is unknown, its content is unknown, if effectiveness is uknown, do i have to go on??? NOW FFS GET OVER THIS AND WAIT UNTIL A PATCH IS EVEN MADE!

And just for Chuck, FU, i dont Lie and have never Lied.

So are we all clear yet?

Offline TheMacDaddy

• Forum Member
« Reply #231 on: August 24, 2007, 05:21:19 pm »
I am clear   so crystal clear       i recall not so long ago Ghost himself said this post was to be for honest questions and answers.
Not for attacking or insulting each other!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I call that this thread is either locked permantly or the people (and you know who you are) are banned from this site........

I have seen good and dam good people banned from this site for the very same thing    act now before all off Winmx and Winmxworld comes to a grinding halt over all this.

I would hate to have to leave what i consider to be the one and only great help site on the net,but if action is not taken then i will stand down from here and from winmx in a whole    i will also give me Winmx room (of nearly 6 years) up and leave it up to the remaining admin there as to weather they keep that room open or not (i might also add that i have found one hell of alot of rooms worried over the course all this has taken and are also thinking of closing there rooms to and looking for a new home else where.

Ghost i ask you as a long time friend

Act now and put a stop to all this slander of each other before theres nothing left to make a new patch for.......

Offline chuck

• Forum Member
« Reply #232 on: August 24, 2007, 05:44:34 pm »
Oh please, all Bughunter has ever done, is swear, personally abuse folks and Lie as said by nobby

And just for Chuck, FU, i dont Lie and have never Lied. allso said by nobby

So are we all clear yet?  once again said by nobby

Yes nobby its clear to me and everyone that has read this  .Mayt i use your words they fit so well here .

Oh please, all Nobby has ever done, is swear, personally abuse folks and Lie

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
« Reply #233 on: August 24, 2007, 07:30:50 pm »
Oh please, all Bughunter has ever done, is swear, personally abuse folks and Lie as said by nobby

And just for Chuck, FU, i dont Lie and have never Lied. allso said by nobby

So are we all clear yet?  once again said by nobby

Yes nobby its clear to me and everyone that has read this  .Mayt i use your words they fit so well here .

Oh please, all Nobby has ever done, is swear, personally abuse folks and Lie

Lol, as there is NO patch to actually argue over, i guess your bored so, feel free to slip into Bughunter mode and just bitch at me for a while, perhaps making some lies up as you go, i really care little, little digs at me, are just like Bug, meaningless and pointless.

I agree with Mac, there is nothing more to say in this thread, the facts are simple as are some of the folks who fail to grasp them, they are more content simply speculating as to what might or might not happen and jumping onto the KM bang wagon of sour grapes. I say lock the thread till there is actually a patch to debate......

Offline chuck

• Forum Member
« Reply #234 on: August 24, 2007, 07:43:50 pm »
Nobby ive not made any digs at you my first post if you can read even said i didnt think you were trying to do any harm to winmx and incouraged you to move forward working on a patch.
 The only digs have came from you you can LOL if you like as im LOLing at you and how youve proven once again what type of person you reall are.

As far as the patch goes ive not said any thing about it in my last few post i was pointing out how members of this forum have gone at each other over this thread and its only started when you were allowed to come back to this forum i think that speeks for what has happened here. Ive not needed to cuss you or call you names  to get my point across. Shame you can say the same.

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #235 on: August 24, 2007, 07:58:48 pm »
I say lock the thread till there is actually a patch to debate......

As a former admin (especially as one of the founders) I feel I am entitled to clarification on the official policy of winmxworld regarding several matters.

1. the issue of censorship of things you disagree with, .......

2. the issue of winmxworlds insistence on trying to get together information on the network, .....

3. why was winmxworld originally formed? why was it set up as a new help site when there were already other sites about? .....

LOL and you call people here idiots nobby....read the topic idiot its not about a patch

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #236 on: August 24, 2007, 08:38:20 pm »
just as several posts b4 about being off topic & threats if it continued when points were put across & not liked.... when all the time  the patch & o/s debate was never on topic to begin with.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #237 on: August 24, 2007, 09:51:33 pm »
KM made an allegation, an allegation he has in no way shape or form proven, others who it seems where happy for KM to attempt to close down mx are with us to today to throw abuse, I have extrapolated this information from the fact that those complaining about the new patch have not said why they think it would be ok for KM to withdraw his, this is more telling of their true motives.

I have no wish to become the despot of winmxworld  but other moderators are hiding from this thread due to the high level of emotionally charged statements in use and those making them. As a founder of this site it will always come to me to defend the site against attackers from whatever corner they snipe from, it is also expected of me as a mature adult to ensure the words of a few idiots do not derail to sites core purpose or deflect from the help it was set up to provide, those who have forgotten this have been banned, they have had the chance to have their say and nothing has been censored when they have done so, this then is where we are today, now I undestand how easy it is for mistrust to sneak in when former friends turn to fighing amongst themselves but what purpose is served by others jumping on the bandwagon, none I feel.

Whilst we have always supported KM when he did fantastic things, by closing his caches unilaterly he chose to step away from mx, this was his own choice and he made it alone. KM has since returned at irregular intervals to mock and abuse those trying to keep his legacy alive, and keeping it alive was a policy supported heavily both on site and in the chatroom.

Merlin decided he was not happy to work with us in asking the users if they wanted to have an open src patch, his view was that they do not matter as to offer it to them was reckless and stupid.

Bug made some rude comments and repeated them many times and was the first real casualty in the war of words we have seen in this thread, Bug has returned and is now free to post again, why ? Bug was unlike the others not well when he posted and this was noticed by us in the repeated posts making the same allegations, being friends its not hard to spot when something is wrong and notice we all did.
Having remedied his situation by his own force of will and personal honesty he returned very upset to read what he had posted while under strong pain medication, I,m sure we all care enough for him to welcome him back and forget any outburts, true friends are not so easily torn apart.

This brings us to today, whilst nothing has changed in the real winmx world, on this forum thread I see only hate and fear peddling, name calling and general lameness, so here is your choice : Which Ghost do you want, the one who works behind the scenes as he has done for many years to ensure the community is never taken by suprise or the despot ?  The reason I ask this is because whilst we have no respect or trust in each other I have no other option but to cut out any cancers that undermine the whole trust in the site as the posters here are doing, if you have nothing nice to say perhaps you should set up your own sites and let yourself be attacked for over a week by those with a secret agenda that you,ll never know because your too much of a "peon" for them to care.

This is not the attitude of this site, each user helped is a user who will trust and share their files with their fellows, if you forget this core reason for the sites being here, we may as well have no site at all.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World  |  Site Feedback  |  clafirication on official winmxworld policy

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx