gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 06:29:34 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Metis Scripts and Help  |  Metis Script Help  |  help With Script Please
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: help With Script Please  (Read 6136 times)

Offline Jennifer9434

• MX Hosts
help With Script Please
« on: August 18, 2007, 04:40:04 am »
hello everyone i have been in a few rooms and i was wondering if anyone had a script to where it will show pics every so often in the room i have seen it in rooms but cant find a script for it kinda like the timer script thanks again have a great one all

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
Re: help With Script Please
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 08:40:03 pm »
Hi Jennifer.... with metis you can only have 1 ontimer script per bot.

If your still using that joke script with the ontimer you couldnt add another ontimer to that
bot.If you do run a second bot u can put an ontimer in it and have your pics in the first bot
and use the same type of script.

So yer pics are in bot 1 for example.... and u put the below in bot 2 (the picture triggers are just examples)

Code: [Select]
<OnTimer type="script" interval="900">
<out type="self">!autotrigger</out>
</OnTimer>

<command type="random">
<in>!autotrigger</in>
// Add as many output lines as you wish
<out>!car</out>
<out>!eagle</out>
<out>!coffee</out>
<out>!mermaid</out>
<out>!dolphin</out>
</command>

the triggers will appear in the room,which you might not like,but this is 1 way
of doing it...AND again "joshua" i'm sure there are other ways ....and probably far better than
this lol      :P

Anyways you could give that a try Jennifer if you haven't already figured sumthin out  :)

Offline Jennifer9434

• MX Hosts
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 12:45:56 am »
hiya hun thanks alot what should the timer be set at i want the pics to show up every hour and i could never get the timer to work for the jokes i just gave up on it lmao thanks for responding hun  :)

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 05:50:05 am »
lol don't give up.... just keep messin with em   :wink:

for it to trigger every 1/2 hour you would need....

<OnTimer type="script" interval="1800">
What version of metis are you using btw?

and your welcome..... hope ya get it sorted and the jokes too       :wink:

Offline Jennifer9434

• MX Hosts
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2007, 04:30:52 pm »
hiya hun i am running Metis 2.70 test 6 thanks for the times i dont know whats wrong but i try to put this in and it still dont show  when i want it to i dont know what the problem is lmao i will get it i aint going to ngive up hehe anymore help you can give would be very much appreciated ithis is just nuts hehe thanks for everything hun

Offline Jennifer9434

• MX Hosts
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2007, 04:45:14 pm »
one more thing hun do i put this stuff in mxc or commands folder :) thanks again

Offline Jennifer9434

• MX Hosts
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2007, 04:49:55 pm »
and im also running fx server does that make any kind of a difference with the script at all?

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2007, 06:08:03 pm »
it goes in yer MXC.xml file which should be located in the Plugins Folder.
And you running FXServer won't make a difference to this...I use
FXServer too and the ontimers work fine. Hope you can get it sorted   :)

Offline Jennifer9434

• MX Hosts
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2007, 06:18:55 pm »
thanks hun now i dont have any on timer things in any of my bots so does this mean i still have to add these seperate or can i put in same bot sorry just want to make sure im doing it right thanks again :)

Offline Jennifer9434

• MX Hosts
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2007, 06:27:17 pm »
ok i give up i cant get this thing to work without me typing in !autotrigger then it only shows one doesnt show any more then that ugh there has got to be an easier way then this lol cause this just aint working for me thanks again for the help hun

Offline swaggie

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2009, 12:33:46 pm »
Hiya need some advice ready to  go bald  here , just formatted my pc after a nasty  bug added all my winmx and so on got  my bots  back in fx etc . but when i try to run games i get a runtime error  when i add the line to metis for games  <include file="Poker.xml"/> tried running it in two bots  now  get the same thing tried 2.7 test 6  and 2.8 use to run either for  games and room as single bots , hope  someone  out there has  had this prob and found the answer as it is driving  me nuts lol; thanks swaggie

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2009, 04:29:39 pm »
Lots have had this problem, including myself at 1 point. What i did, that fixed this issue (it might not work for you but worth a try)... is  make sure that the bot has only 1 <OnJoin> ....Bank.xml has an onjoin that works with poker...put all other onjoin commands into the Bank onjoin and remove the rest from all other scripts
 heres the original onjoin for john the cashier (Bank.xml) version 2.4

<OnJoinRoom type="script">
<out type="push" extdata="JohnTheCashierDirectory">C:\Documents and Settings\NEW\Desktop\PokerBot\Plugins\</out>
<out type="pop" extdata="UsersWhoAddedMoney"></out>
<out type="self">!banktimer!</out>
</OnJoinRoom>

now heres how you would add all your other onjoin commands (Example Only)

<OnJoinRoom type="script">
<out type="push" extdata="JohnTheCashierDirectory">C:\Documents and Settings\NEW\Desktop\PokerBot\Plugins\</out>
<out type="pop" extdata="UsersWhoAddedMoney"></out>
<out type="normal" delay="0">/login PASSWORD</out> <--Added
<out type="normal" delay="800">/bot</out> <--Added
<out type="normal" delay="800">/mxc run</out> <--Added
<out type="self">!banktimer!</out>
</OnJoinRoom>

The added commands are examples of how to add them to the onjoin in bank.xml

Anyways give it a try and hopefully it might work for you :)

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2009, 05:54:02 pm »
Just thought I'd add if you use WPCC it has a Metis compatible XML interpreter that includes something like 10,000 on-timers. Just thought I'd mention that incase anyone picks this thread up on google and wants to know about the on-timer limit which was brought up in 2007 at the creation of this thread.

Offline swaggie

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2009, 12:16:34 am »
Thanks Reef  but i dont think thats the prob  here i think i might  be needing a runtime library  file of  some  sort that  read the text or the ini files that the text refers to  its bloody  confusing  i sort it out  or  go bald  trying lol , i have  downloaded and install microsoft runtime library    but to no avail still get the prob, its something  missing  maybe i need a nother progam installed to read the files  for  games that reads the files in the metis  folder from the   line added   formatted the pc twice  now after running all the so called  programs that are suppose to fix this error   run that many   it was easier to just reformat the dam thing,  but  put it all back min get the same problem thanks  for the help.  anyone that  has an idea please post

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2009, 03:17:45 am »
If you only get the runtime error if you put the include the poker.xml file and reload mxc.xml, there is something wrong in the poker.xml.

You could try to post the poker.xml for diagnosis

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
  • If Im Not Back later... Wait Longer
    • Maxtech
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2009, 10:16:46 am »
ok i got 1 idea, i have done this before and it stopped the runtime errors,
if there is a top line above the <config> with tjhis in it:
<?xml version="1.0" standalone="no">try removing just that, as it temds to not like ascii characters in names, and poker does use ascii charaters in the name for the dealer
the game will run fine without that 1 line, worth a try, failing that, it is something wrong with the poker script,
try downloading the latest version poker1.8 Click Here

Try Connecting, the attacks may let you  https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2009, 11:50:49 am »
Just to make sure, the line Max just mentioned Must be in mxc.xml, not in all other includefiles.
any included file should start with <config> and end with </config>

Trick: any line after </config> is skipped by Metis, this feature can be used to park some commands you want to safe

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Metis Scripts and Help  |  Metis Script Help  |  help With Script Please

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.023 seconds with 25 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx