gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 26, 2024, 10:33:44 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  DMCA Notification Received By WinmxWorld
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: DMCA Notification Received By WinmxWorld  (Read 33320 times)

Re: DMCA Notification Received By WinmxWorld
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2007, 11:12:47 am »
Ok KM, you're a lot smarter than me with all this stuff.

In the interests of getting a balanced view, is it possible for you to explain to me what the facts are and what the real problems are from your point of view?

Offline TheMacDaddy

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2007, 11:48:11 am »
I see were all at it yet again......

After one hell of a long chat with both KM and Ghost last night i would like to say this....
Theres alot gone on in the past few weeks with splits and such (for want of a better word)
Firstly and foremost BOTH KM and Ghost have no wish to see a end to WinMX the file sharing programme and that BOTH wish to see it carry on forward.
But i will say that KM you wished to withdraw from WinMX (again due to your own reasons) and if you are so so sure that Winmxworld and Winmx wont survive without your patch then sit the hell back let people here get on with what they are doing and when and if it all falls apart you can come back with your i told you so's....
and now for yourself Ghost
Carry on with what you have planned and when or if a new patch (made by others other then KM) is ready let it be tested and then let the people here vote on weather it should be open scr or closed scr and leave KM in the background of your thoughts and actions and prove everyone wrong (whom dought you) when you release the fix and it works!!!!!

I will say here i will support this site and any fix you release Ghost 100% but also in the same breath if i try a new fix from here and i see or notice a flaw in it i will also be open and honest with you about it to.

Also if you wish to take a step back from the site Ghost to channel your time into other things ? then i offer my support to you in helping to run this site in any way shape or form that i can.
I will say that as long as i breath i WILL NOT !!!!!! let this site close or drift of into the sunset without on hell of a fight.
You need me you know where to find me     Happy sharing all.  :)

GuestMax

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2007, 02:08:56 pm »
as you probably know, i did leave Winmx and closed my room,
the only reason im still on Winmx is because i temp host for other people, ISP & connection problems or pc crashes means they ask me to host for them,

now my imediate thought is, now mxgroup is closed & caches went off, are we suddenly going to find the caches off again untill a new patch is made?

i admit im not smart enough to make a patch, i aint got a clue, its just people rely on me to hold rooms as i rely on the patch to keep us connected.

Offline Mizz

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2007, 02:38:07 pm »
No max u will not....simply becauze now the caches arent run by one person and they were in the past... the caches will remain running regardless of the recent events ;)
If God, in his infinite Wisdom, made me an Atheist...then who are you to Question him ?

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2007, 02:55:38 pm »
I'd like to remind you all this is not a KM or WinMX World bashing thread.  This is simply to notify you all of current events.  We have received a DMCA take down notice and complied.

This is not going to be a debate about who is right and wrong, KM is well within his rights to ask us not to offer a modified version of his works for connection on the site.  The reasons are not even relevant, and he doesn't need a reason so lets move on.

I for one and relieved and ready to move on to the future and hope that it will bring better days for us all here and on WinMX.  I understand you all have opinions about this matter as do I, but if its not helpful to the situation or relevant to the Notice this thread is about, I'd like you to refrain from posting rants and anger and pleads for reconciliation.  Its not in the best interest of KM or us for a reconcile and if there is going to be any salvageable friendships left then we need to ALL move on.

The patch in use atm on machines will continue to connect you the same as it has, the only impact this has is for new users and users needing to reinstall for any reason looking to this site for a connection fix.  The cache indexing system in place at this time ensures Max that no one person has control to shut things off as before so rest assured that same system is still in place and will continue to operate even when the new patch is completed.

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• my name is nooks, and I approve this message
  • MX Hosts
  • Dream BIG, Live BIGGER!!
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2007, 03:16:10 pm »
Let me clarify something that appears to be a constant and actually a couple things. 2 years ago when all this starteed I was friends with Vladd. I gave respect to this man who gave it back in show on everything that he did. He always responded to with the same respect as he was given. I never disliked him because of it. I did however in the future grow to dislike his actions in the things he allowed to occur on his site. It changed the respect I had for him. Then I started hangiing in the WMW room and bug aka Ice was all over me like stink on shit. I did not hate him for it although I did not like him for it either. But I had respect for him because at least it was in my face and not in my back. His actions spoke louder than his words. To this day I consider us friends and have the utmost respect for him because of the person he continues to be and in turn he will always have my respect. Then there's Ghost aka Quicks. I have respect for who he is because I can say what I know is right to him and even though it may disagree with his point of view I am given the right to be honest and say what I wish to say. Doesn't mean that he won't attempt to change my view of it and try to make me see things the way he sees them and in all honesty it is something I try to do with anyone whos opinion differs from my own. I try to put myself in their shoes. As for KM. I do not now nor have I ever liked KM. And I'm almost positive that he feels the same towards me. I had then and do now have a lot of respect for the things that he had done and tried to do with WinMX and the WPN. I believe to this day he was acting in the best interest of the WPN. I tried to give KM, the young man, respect, and more than once hadhim slap it back into my face with ridicule and insult to myself and my origin. So no I didn't like the man, nor did I act like I did. If you don't believe me just ask him. I'm sure he'll agree. If I thought for one second that KM were acting still in the best interest of the WPN, I would still show my respect for the things he is/has/was/and will do. But nothing he is doing now points me to the direction of believing that he is doing it in the best interest of this network. Now to explain why I took the time to write all this out for everyone to read it. I do not now, nor have I ever, nor will I EVER, kiss the boots of any human being walking on the planet earth or any other region in space. I am not now, nor was I ever, nor will I EVER, be anyones "yes man". If you give me respect I will give it back. In hopes to earn your respect I will offer my respect openly and wrecklessly even. If your actions show you to be more of a person who deserves respect then you appear to wish to have, I offer my respect for your actions alone. Prove to me once you are in no way deserving, and in no way shall you ever have my respect. I just wanted to make sure that the "doubting Thomases" know where I stand. Can the "doubting Thomases" do the same with me?

And let me add one more thing. A disagreement in opinion a rant doeth not make. And I'll leave it there.
When you wake up each morning always try to remember tomorrow is never your option, it's God's. Love like you want to. Live like you aren't afraid. And ALWAYS try to remember that even if it seems personal it's never as important as something you may have forgotten to do today.

WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE - For WinMX help or help on other pc related matters.
WinMXWorld.com Cafe_AE182F4ECAFE - For great chat.

2eip

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2007, 05:48:51 pm »
Best news I have heard in weeks.
KM at last leaving winmx, we told you he was using his patch for other uses, other than connecting that is.
so why is he still posting your search details on his site?, and was used by Josh as a way to bring down sites, with a copy of client writen by KM and named payback. funny how much of the code was the same.
 when he first wrote a chat client that phoned home and then hexed ws2_32.dll to use as link to wpn. (how to do this was shown to KM by Vladd, for use as a patched nushie. most people don't remember KM being the bastard son of vladd) so you could follow in the steps of KM and cloak a *.dll to do other stuff, like phone home, report your actions or go the open route as taken by pie / vladd , where you just mod the host file, no hidden agender, or spyware.

it's up to you to stop flooders not stop winmx.

pie2

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2007, 06:57:02 pm »
2eip, whilst you may believe much of what you say the reality is much more boring, no one ever has been able to honestly claim the patch has any malware or spyware an I have yet to see anyone put their reputation on the line claiming it has.

The damage caused to the network by using an host file without blocking is well known and proven, we have lost many users due to "head up a** syndrome" in not blocking the flooders.

I,m no newbie here and much of what your saying is provably wrong, if you have specific allegations to make lets hear them but in a new thread, this is not the "lets throw stones with the baying mob" thread

Offline chuck

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2007, 12:10:16 am »
 I may be wrong in what im about to say but in his day vladd did many good things for winmx and all the people i dont know why he changed in the end. Km started out acting close to how josh did but he came around and helped mx a great deal but things have changed now ill not go in to if he is right or wrong in being mad at some people thats between him and them. So i and many others should stay out of that arguement.
  I really think that this could be the best thing that has happened to mx in a long time if everyone started working together to come up with a patch that isnt the work of just one person so may be the egos will not get in the way again. Every one knows that the host file hack was just a fast fix and never ment to be the final fix. Blocking has to be a part of any patch that comes next.I truely hope some new people will come forward and help work on a new patch so not to put too much on one person  and so there will be more than one to carry on mx for the years to come.
  For once i can see where bashing KM or anyone ealse can do no good at all lets just let those involved work this all out themselves if we know about it or not as long as work goes on on a new patch is all we really need to care about.For over a week we called people names cut down some that are working hard on new patches and we all know there will be no pay in it for them so they are doing it for all of us and with out charge that should show us that they care about everyone and winmx.IF any one can and cares to help winmx why not come foward now andeget in tuch with  ghost or any other that is working and offer to help. Nothing Good will ever come from saying i told you so or this one or that one is a (whatever) in any forum it just makes people worry that only care about useing winmx not every one cares about Km ,Vladd ,Nobby Ghost or me even some just want a good P2p program ..Lets all just say that was yesterday this is today and try to work towards a new and better winmx. Ill try to not call names or say i could see it comeing so everyone try to do the same.
Sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2007, 01:00:56 am »
Very wise words Chuck.

Offline Happy Dude

• MX Hosts
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2007, 06:25:29 am »
This is yet another blow to our beloved WinMX and I'm sure we can put the puzzle back together
I have removed all offending files from my webserver.

:(

User X

« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2007, 11:42:21 am »
so KM has become the new vladd?

No, what you see now is the real KM. Everyone was blended by KM and hier work. Everyone trust and believe him.
Now you see the answer.
I remeber that some people gave "warnings" about these bullshit we have in the moment.

It was not Vladd and pople from pie. It was all KM.
Questions?

Think all of that!

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2007, 11:53:02 am »
Guest your post has nothing to do with this site receving a take down notice, Can I ask you to stick to the topic in hand, we have wasted enough time with folks making unfounded allegations.

RFB

« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2007, 12:13:41 pm »
Hmmmm, nice nice nice.
I've got a question.
I have the "3.0mod3-Patch-Only-Setup.exe"-Patch.
Need I a new one? When yes, were can I get this new patch?

Greetz RFB

Offline ]-[êll.Ôñ.ËÀR'][']-[.

• WMW Volunteer
  • Its hard being me...but i do it just great.
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2007, 12:34:58 pm »
no it will work fine atm RFB when there is a update it will be posted on this site for all to use so no worries for the moment

RFB

« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2007, 12:38:30 pm »
Damm'....I understood something wrong :-)
Thx HOE

Just Passing Through

« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2007, 01:30:31 pm »
I don't understand Finnish, but clicking download may be a good idea :wink:

http://www.estwinmx.com/

Offline CoachBrobb

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2007, 04:32:27 pm »
Where are these other sites?

Offline Stevi

• #1 DJ
  • MX Hosts
  • Ooops! I blew up the commercials!
    • WinMX Radio
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2007, 04:44:38 pm »
http://www.mxomega.com/Forum2/connection.php

That is where you can get the patches. This is my site and is updated regularly, so the newest versions are there.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2007, 07:57:41 pm »
Quote from: Silver Stripes on August 26, 2007, 04:46:27 am
so KM has become the new vladd?

No, what you see now is the real KM. Everyone was blended by KM and hier work. Everyone trust and believe him.
Now you see the answer.
I remeber that some people gave "warnings" about these bullshit we have in the moment.

It was not Vladd and pople from pie. It was all KM.
Questions?

Think all of that!

uh no... actually km and vladd were both once decent helpfull ppl... vladd went off the deep end first then km followed... my reference to km being the new vladd was about the pie/wmw wars of old...

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  DMCA Notification Received By WinmxWorld

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.025 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx