As the title implies, this is an early beta - missing a lot of planned features and with only a barebones implementation of most of what _is_ there.
This project is based on the work of a previous developer - Amon Duul - and due to some problems with my new UI code not being ready yet, this beta will look a lot like Amon Duul's work, WinZO. I'm just posting it to let people know that things _are_ being worked on.
what's implemented so far:
* customizable peer caches (currently only in config file, ui should come with the next beta)
* skinning (also only in config file so far)
* secondary connection (may have problems with primaries using km's dll, may be able to get around this by setting peer caches to the winmx.com ones and using km's patch, but this is not a problem where MoonMX needs to be patched - it's a problem where the dll locks out non-dll users)
* channel list
* being browsed (but not browsing others)
* bad skins crash moonmx
* clicking "Join" with a bad channel name in the filter bar crashes moonmx
* channels don't disconnect properly
* search tabs can't be closed
* lists can't be sorted
* rename messages aren't sent to the chat, so if you change primaries no one can browse you (this requires restarting moonmx to fix)
* selecting a channel in the channel list or help menu doesn't activate it; you have to manually select the "chat" tab and then the tab for that channel
if you try playing with the skinning engine:
* <TemporaryLibraryPanel>, <TemporarySearchPanel>, <TemporaryTransfersPanel>, <Tabs>, and <Tab> will be disappearing next version, to be replaced by more skinnable components.
* <Shape> and Shape= will be completely changed in the next release, so if you use those expect to have to redo them
* <DeleteUI> is currently only supported for deleting <Tab> elements. this too will be renovated next release.
hot hot hot:
* more visual parity with winmx
* sorting for lists
* status bar (# channels loaded, etc.)
* cross platform support
* support for docking windows
* more skinnable widgets
The reason i'm releasing this so soon is because I'm going to have to take a break from developing it for real life reasons. I'll be back to it whenever the opportunity arises (2 - 12? months). If in the meantime anyone else wants to work at it they can be my guest. Really with the number of things I've made to support new code that I can't even enable in this release because it isn't ready, WinZO is a bit more functional in some areas, but I do have improved chat protocol support = )
The source is here: https://archive.winmxworld.com/MoonMX/beta/MoonMX-beta1-src.zip
**EDIT: in the filter bar for moonmx you can use something like -anime to list all the rooms that _don't_ contain the word anime