gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 05:57:25 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Another Patch In The Works ?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Another Patch In The Works ?  (Read 4527 times)

Offline Scyre

• Forum Member
  • <Insert nothing here.>
Re: Another Patch In The Works ?
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2007, 04:33:00 pm »
lol yeah I noticed it informs you several times a day that a new update is available for it.
I will have to wait and put up with the reminders until I have time.

And I agree KM's personality is that of a real programmer. Something people will have to accept about him as long as he is a part of the community...

I don't agree with everything he does, but he knows his stuff, and isn't bashful about showing it lol.

Be Good,
Scyre
A cat will almost always blink when hit with a hammer.

Offline bughunter

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2007, 01:12:29 pm »
quote from lady ray.Ice your not banned from the room or site, and i did ask you to contact me to discuss this on msn or someplace and you havent yet, I wish you would.
i didnt  say i was banned i said it was made abundantly clear that i was neither welcomed nor wanted both on this forum and the winmxworld help room.........i said what i had to say in my resignation post........you made it clear that hell was so important that despite recieveing warning after warning about his conduct, his off topic posts,character assinations, lies threats and totally demented rantings that this forums integrety and that of your admins was of such low importance that they could be undermined just so long as hell wasnt offended............you removed a post to the admins section were you barrated the admin for saying and i quote " somethings never change ".........when right above it was a demented ranting from hell, which you had warned him about......and yet you did nothing................all you did was send the message that forum users can ignore warnings from the admins as in regards to there conduct posts etc, as nothing would be done about it.........unless of course your name is km merlin or bughunter............
a futher example of how low your opinion of me is, that when i asked multiple times to have my name and details removed from this forums list of registered users, you fed me a load of bullshit as to how this would remove my posts and corrupt the forum.........
what a load of crap you can remove anything from a data base and it does nothing but remove the data. end of story........
this is testamount to susgesting that a company cant remove an employees name from the payroll even after they have left there employment as it would corrupt the payroll and the companies books..................
reality is its just to much trouble to highlight my name and hit the delete button.........even if it did delete my posts........so what, thats hardly corrupting anything is it...............
so you made a choice now live with it.....i have accepted this and moved on, the fact that i have spent thousands of hours directly helping users both here and in the room seems lost on you.............and while were at it could you please remove my status here i have no wish to see any users ip addresses, if and when i choose to post it will be as a normal user............
if i seem bitter im not.......just very dissappointed that some of your decisions of late are at the expense of people you once called friends in favor of complete and utter idiots who have never helped a single user except to copy and paste information from one source to another ...................

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• my name is nooks, and I approve this message
  • MX Hosts
  • Dream BIG, Live BIGGER!!
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2007, 03:35:09 pm »
I just want to make a small post on what I have seen. First to the subject matter of the thread. If Snick makes a patch that connects you to the cache and only does that then it is not a "blocking" patch, it's a connection patch and will require an outside program to do the blocking work. Easily enough done by using peer guardian and the WMW blocklist. Fine with me but do users need to do this as we have this kind of patch already out there and it seems pointless except to say "look at me. look what I did". No offence to Snick as I'm sure he's a very capable coder but it is pointless and a waste of time without having more details on it's purpose or how and what it will actually do.

Ignorance is not only not having the knowledge but also the lack of desire to aquire it. The simple fact that users are here on this site seeking knowledge and information suggests they are not as ignorant as was suggested. There need be no more comment on the ignorance of users of this site and I hope I am clear on this matter.

An idiot is someone who has chosen to seek out the knowledge he or she wishes to acquire then shows no desire to put it to use. I will be as bold as to say that roughly 85% of the users of this site use the knowledge that they gain here to achieve whatever goal it was they came here looking for a way to complete in the first place. So I really see no need in to continue using that word to describe any other users of this site again and I hope I am clear on this matter also.

Me_Here was right. KM is only in it for the "I"s and the "me"s. Sure there is respect for what he did. But how long do you hold to what he did do versus what he does do now. Sure he's a programmer. But his beliitling comments of every user who has personally disagreed with him cloud the eyes of those users to anything he will ever do in the future. Sure he's intelligent. Sure he knows his way on a pc. But if you'll answer only one question Scyre I would appreciate it. If every time you came to me and asked for help I helped but before you got away from me I said "Now go away you clueless, mindless moron and shame on you for being so stupid you needed my help.", how many times would you come to me for before you were sick of my crappy attitude and said ""F" that guy!"??

Bug, you're a force of nature much like myself. Perhaps that is why I like you so much. And please do know that I know why you do and say the things you do and say. Noone can ever say you haven't worn your heart on your sleeve for WinMX. I will first say you are very much missed in the room. Next I will say, how many users that were unaware have you called "pie maggots" without thinking about what you were saying? I have never held it against you because I know how much you care. But comments like those are why a lot of people get discouraged with you and upset with you. And regardless of what anyone else says wrong, like anything Hell might have said in haste for example. The kind of replies you give to that are as unnacceptible as the posts you reply to in that manner. The replies in this thread are the replies that people will take you seriously on because they are well thought out make a lot of sence without being personally offencive. You're still my guy on MX as far as I'm concerned because I know that noone else will be as honest or as unadulterated in their opinions as you and I can appreciate that no matter how crude. But I do wish you would reconsider your decisions and come back.

Chuck I really do love the avatar. It is fricking hillarious.

Miners, trust KM if you want to. It is your choice. But in many ways he has already burned you and every user of WinMX once. Will you allow him to do it twice to you? Burn me once, shame on you. Burn me twice, Shame on me.

As for everything else in this post. Why do you think we never knew knew there were others to thank in all this?? My belief is because two years ago when all this started there were too many players operating in the backgrounds and noone saw this. Not that that is a bad thing I think. What was needed to be done was done and it had to be. Unfortunately some were lost to the wayside because of it. This is why I say that in our future there needs to be no background. Only in the eyes of the public can there be honesty and truth even through perception. If it's there for you to see, even if your eyes are dillusional at least the eyes of undillusional people can see it and keep it clear and put it into history accurately. Take that last statement however you wish but it is theere and it is open and open to discussion only in the open for all to see.
When you wake up each morning always try to remember tomorrow is never your option, it's God's. Love like you want to. Live like you aren't afraid. And ALWAYS try to remember that even if it seems personal it's never as important as something you may have forgotten to do today.

WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE - For WinMX help or help on other pc related matters.
WinMXWorld.com Cafe_AE182F4ECAFE - For great chat.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2007, 05:25:02 pm »
I think its clear why Bug is not in anyones good books on the forum, here once again we see him posting totally off topic in a busy thread.

Let me repeat this simply and clearly Bug, I expect better from you than a mouthfull of abuse against users who can be annoying, we as a group are supposed to keep the standards high so others can learn by example, you have made numerous posts regarding how vladd was a despot etc for deleting folks posts and how he stole folks freedom of speech, then you did the same thing to Hell under our banner.

We are responsible to the users for your actions Bug, and since this is the case we had to remove your status here to stop any further abuses, something a little time spent on reassuring us would not happen again, could have been avoided.

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• MX Hosts
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2007, 06:17:29 pm »
So far that I saw he only moved 1 post. This does not make it criminal. You are right in that everyone here is responcible for the actions of everyone else here. I recall a post being moved simply because 1 or 2 people found it offencive to themselves and feared it offencive to others. I even requested that it not be moved because our responcibility requires that we help and educate. Not censor and ridicule. If educating a user means that we have to explain to them that their posts are offencive and why and also why they may be offencive to others then so be it. I do not believe it warrants moving those potentially offencive posts.

Do I think that users should be allowed free run? No I damn sure don't. The responcibility of this site is to help and educate users. Not to be easy targets of abuse that users can come on this forum and say we're all a bunch of pricks and then stand behind free speech as a shield. It's abuse and it's wrong and should never be tolerated whether it's earned or not. Just because a sight says you have free speech it doesn't entitle you to say what you wish. Belive me, coming from where I am I know that with free speech there is responcibility and your words as well as your actions carry retrobution in one form or another. I guess my solution and simplest answer would be for every user on this forum to think before posting.
"Is what I'm about to say about these people or this person something that I myself would personally allow to be said of myself and how would I take being called an idiot or ignorant or clueless or stupid or whatever else I could possably call someone else?"
I don't give a damn how tough or how strong willed you think you are, repeated attacks on your character begin to feel insulting and bear weight upon you. And some of the things I've seen said about myself as well as others here I can promise if they were said about me and to my face I'd do my damnedest to show that person just how ignorant I can be.

That being said if your intentions are offencive then consider that you may get an offencive responce. Whether it be deleting your post or removing it from public view. If that's what it deserves, then that is what it will get you. You get as good as you give and respect is earned, not given or taken freely. And free speech or not you can't just say whatever you want. There is retrobution for your words. While these statements seem contradictory as I am sure someone will point out and most likely with vanity and malice for and from their own words  I can assure you they are not and if you take the time to try and understand what I'm getting at here you'll see that I am right in what I say.
When you wake up each morning always try to remember tomorrow is never your option, it's God's. Love like you want to. Live like you aren't afraid. And ALWAYS try to remember that even if it seems personal it's never as important as something you may have forgotten to do today.

WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE - For WinMX help or help on other pc related matters.

Offline chuck

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2007, 07:00:58 pm »
  I started useing winmx when it was no more than a open nap program then they added the wpn. ive seen Km for years on mx. he first started doing nothing more than trying to dispupt the chat rooms from about day one. Useing poison nushi to crash rooms that had enough of his bs and kicked him and blocked him he would change ip's and com e back to destroy the room.I remember the first bot on mx coded by gem of vladd44 room at the time off the nushi beep program or add on what ever you wish to call it he would pester vladd and gem well anyone that would talk to him on how it was made his first bot was no more than a moded nushi beep. then came all his spam programs,then his crashing programs.He is a big part in how josh AKA snip came to be.

Sure he did come up with the dll and a good server program to keep winmx up when it was needed ill give him that.Id like to say it was easy and any one could have done it but reaLLY ive not seen anyone come up with any thing better yet.Alot of what km has said about not wanting to have to keep winmx up by him self i understand and agree with.

But his actions now are just the same aS  when he first started on mx.He has come around and is back where he first started from.I tried to give km the benefit of the dought that he had changed after he made the patch and server program i see now i was wrong in doing so.I understand many of you do not know of his begainning you only know of his help after the fall.But he is back to how he once was a pain in the arse.But i call people like nushi programers not people that use his programs and not give credit to him programers.ITs been shone some where on this forum that km's dll has nushi's code in it and never have i seen any credit given to nushi. Km needs to grow up (this has been said for years) Actions like what he is doing now in real life would mke him ma out cast,and its starting to in his ciber world as well.

Id like to see a area for any and all post that are just over the top to be moved too one for all to see so people can see jsut how stupid or offencive they are it could be a locked thread so only the mods that move them could use it,But it would bve better to show them than to edit ,delet them or hid them,let the post show the person for what they are.

As for all that have commented on my avitar Thank You it is a pic of me taken while i has on holiday in jamacia last year.I was just so happy to see all the weed.

Have A Nice Day. :)
Sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Offline bughunter

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2007, 11:04:21 pm »
a busy thread youve got to be joking............no one has posted on this thread for days,they have moved onto different topics........so much so i had to spend five minutes trying to even find it...........

and if makeing the statement :" SOMETHINGS NEVER CHANGE " is so offensive in your view that it warrants being removed to the mods section.........then from here on in illl personnally remind you of any posts that over step this line in the sand..........for that is what you have none done drawn a line in the sand and defined what is the maximun level of abuse that will be not tollerated....
so pay attention everyone you have been warned, any comment that goes futher then saying somethings will never change will land you in hot water...............

and you didnt remove anything i resigned so get it right.........i didnt want to agree with km,s comments regarding your personnall intregrity but perhaps haveing now read your response there is merit in what he says.............
but none of this escapes what is clearly the simple truth despite haveing recieved warning after warning from every admin here includeing both you and me_here hell simply ignored these and continued on with his demented rantings , personnal attacks , blantant lies , accusations and threats...............and you did nothing.............except of course to undermine the intregrety of your admins and indeed your own selfs, for what is the point of issueing warnings if you have no intent on enforceing them..............
do you really want me to go thru hells posts and copy the personnal attacks the threats and lies simply to prove a point..........there is clearly one set of rules that apply to myself , km and merlin.....and a completely different set that apply to everyone else,this wouldnt of been a problem if you had bothered to send out a memo adviseing the admins as to who is on what list...............
i never asked to be a admin here or even in the room, it was you who auto added me to the admin list as soon as i joined the room so what choice did i have..............
i was of the understanding that rules applied to everyone,without fear or favor, but clearly that is not the case, as you by your response clearly demonstrated that once again you have defended hell from the undefenseable..................

quote from ghost ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
I think its clear why Bug is not in anyones good books on the forum, here once again we see him posting totally off topic in a busy thread...............

erm get it right i was answering a question from the sites owners, or did you miss the quote from, just incase you did ill refresh your memory.................
quote from lady ray ........................
Ice your not banned from the room or site, and i did ask you to contact me to discuss this on msn or someplace and you havent yet, I wish you would.
so there you go im not posting off topic but meerly respondeding to a statement issued at me in this very thread...........cant have it both ways.................
so im sorry nooky but i wont be returning to either the room or here untill the owners of this site grow up and stop this blantant double standard that is going on...........and while im at it take the farcical situation with scythe , no longer flavor of the month simply because he made the mistake of publically stateing that he was in favor of a closed source patch, would now seem that not only is there a blantant double standard going on but to remain in favor your expected to toe the party line even if you dont agree with it............so much for democracy and freedom of choice.............
but at least you have come to me_hers defense, pitty you werent so gallant when km was attacking her here and in the room in the hours leeding upto km pulling the plug, as i recall i defended her against km and what did i get for my trouble...........banned as usuall..........

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2007, 12:59:09 am »
there is clearly one set of rules that apply to myself , km and merlin

Exactly Bug, whether you like it or not I know people take notice of key folks here and what they say, I have always expected the best out of folks and have received it in the main up until KM decided to leave us, since then he has done his best to ferment rumours and make threats against both the site and the admins here, aligning yourself with folks who openly attack the network is your choice, there is no more to be said on this matter, you have helped thousands of folks ,but regardless, I for one wont allow you to sink to a low of losing your temper and doing something else you would regret later.

((KM))

« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2007, 01:37:11 am »
there is clearly one set of rules that apply to myself , km and merlin

Exactly Bug, whether you like it or not I know people take notice of key folks here and what they say

so your excuse for the posts deleted from this thread is that people might read them and decide to check things out for themselves, then they might see how full of shit you are? as far as excuses go... go on, give it another try, i know you can make up something better

since then he has done his best to ferment rumours and make threats against both the site and the admins here
rumours such as the stupid idea that people shouldn't blindly believe whatever rubbish you make up, and should instead think about things for themselves? yes, i can see how such ideas would be harmful to your dictatorship... will this post will suffer some form of database corruption or some other random completely innocent data loss the same way as the last post i made asking you for evidence of your claims?

Offline Scyre

• Forum Member
  • <Insert nothing here.>
« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2007, 03:01:18 am »
Quote from Nooky
"But if you'll answer only one question Scyre I would appreciate it. If every time you came to me and asked for help I helped but before you got away from me I said "Now go away you clueless, mindless moron and shame on you for being so stupid you needed my help.", how many times would you come to me for before you were sick of my crappy attitude and said ""F" that guy!"??
"
Maybe I am a glutton for punishment?
lmao

I understand what you are saying, but the funny thing is I have only seen a few people who actually attacked somone that bad for just asking something. That was Sabre and gang  back when the network collapsed (Which is why I quit working with them at all)

KM is not always happy, chipper or by any means proper, and I will be the first to admit that. But Just about anytime I have ever asked him anything he has given me an answer. Sometimes it is rather raw, but if I look at what he says, usually I realize I should have seen something.

I just chalk it up to him being a programmer and knowing more than I do. Sure, I bet dollars to doughnuts that he enjoys the view from up high, but I never take it personally. No need to. He really DOES know more than I do lol.

I think that pulling the plug on the servers was a bad move, and I have said that many times in many threads. But as for him attacking the network, I can't call a bug that WCS had an 'attack'.
A disruption? Sure. An issue? absolutely. But not an attack. In fact he was the one that pointed the problem out to begin with if I remember correctly. Just because he took his time fixing it didn't mean he was willfully attacking the WPN.

I think he may have even acted on it sooner if it weren't for everyone claiming he was doing it maliciously. Also, I think he really didn't believe it was that big of a problem, as many of the posts I read by him said it was a small issue and didn't require immediate attention.

I think he really has done a lot of changing, and no one should be too quick to assume he is back to his old (young?) self. He has been working on a lot of new ideas and projects as I understand it, and not really staying involved with all the chaos lately. But everyone still wants to speculate on everything. Why? What does it gain any of us?

I will say this because it is the simple truth. And I know no one will be happy to hear it, but truth anyway.

I know a lot of people (and I mean a LOT) that felt more confident and comfortable when KM had a hand in running things in the community. Now things are a lot less certain, and just look at how everything has been going! This is not to take away from the people who are still working on things. This is just a fact. People are not as content as they were.

So, even though I know I will have a hundred stones thrown my way for saying it, I feel like I should tell it like I honestly see it.

It will take a long time for any of these other projects in the community to reach fruition, and actually be ready for use. And what is everyone gonna do it the meantime? Use KM's patch. We still use it, so he can't be too evil.

And I would like to ask everyone to not speculate any more about what is going on, and only present the reality of things. We can all say 'Vladd's camp is making a bomb' or 'KM is brewing a new poison' or 'Sabre is gonna turn in everyone's IPs' but to be honest, we don't know anything unless it actually happens.

I would like to see what everyone has been fighting over lately actually mean something. If everyone is fighting for peace and understanding, then each of us needs to offer that very same thing. No more accusations. If there is proof of things, then show proof. No claims of 'we believe v's site was DOSed' or 'KM is gonna use this as a launchpad' or 'Nobby has pink underwear' because when it all boils down to it, if there is no proof of things then it is simply ripping the community more.

Proof of things will solve those issues and make things more than 'claims'

The rest of the time, we could all just not attack each other and discuss real progress in the community.

for the programmers out there, I will translate that last statement...

if (proof) {proof.show();}
else {ZipIt();}
return (to normal);

Anyway, maybe even one person will read this and it will make a difference.

Be Good,
Scyre
A cat will almost always blink when hit with a hammer.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2007, 04:11:16 am »
It clear to me that certain people are just too blind or technically unable to firstly not only do their own testing to asscertain the extent of any damage that was caused or secondly too lazy even make the attempt, such people are not likely to be of any help when called upon in any crisis.

Those who dont know what they are talking about should indeed stay silent, trying to rewrite history is a thin trick but only to be expected from pro KM supporters.
The so called "speculation" mentioned above actually came from KM himself, comprehension of that fact seems beyond Scyre's mind power.

Offline bughunter

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2007, 05:43:10 am »
well i must say im even more confused by your response then i already am........because i choose to resign over what i saw as a blantant double standard , which you have confirmed exists, you seem to then assume that i must be alligned with km......am i not permitted or allowed personnal intregrety..........to be a admin here and in the winmxworld room means you have to give up any and all intregrety and toe the party line, to the point your treated like a piece of shit to be kicked around as you see fit............
you dont have a single shred of evidence that im aligned with km, yet your attempting to smear me with the " HES A KM SUPPORTER" tag............
quote from ghost...............
 aligning yourself with folks who openly attack the network is your choice, there is no more to be said on this matter, you have helped thousands of folks ,but regardless, I for one wont allow you to sink to a low of losing your temper and doing something else you would regret later.............
now where did you get that from, as i for one would like an explanation...........
you seem to be doing a very good job of alienating people to the point that some may actually do as you claim and help km if not actually but at least moraly..........is that really what you want ?    your backing people into a corner where some just may come out swinging, and to hell with the consiquences..............and speaking of that idiot you havent as yet explained why hes so damned important that your prepared to risk everything.............thou i wont hold my breath waiting............
to all this sites admins who are reading this, time is now to weigh up wether your going to buy into this nonsense and forgo any and all intregrety, or like me make a stand and resign..........either the rules apply to everyone without fear or favor, or they apply to no one.........and this is just a vladd type cesspool.................

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• MX Hosts
« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2007, 06:18:15 am »
When will all of you stop this bullshit and grow up? The topic for this thread is "Another Patch In The Works ?". Seeing as we are no longer on topic. Locked! Please leave it that way.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Another Patch In The Works ?

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.021 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx