gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76781 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 July 27, 2024, 03:15:59 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Nice To Meet You!  |  Whois's
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Whois's  (Read 1499 times)

Offline GALAHAD

• Forum Member
Whois's
« on: October 19, 2007, 04:38:09 am »
I have had diffiiculty in getting getting a 'Who is' on myself from my usual Chat Room (The Classical Connection) Any suggestions please.

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
Re: Whois's
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 05:18:07 am »
I get this happening frequently as well.... if your on secondary just refresh your connection
until you can get a whois on yourself.It might take a few refreshes.

Offline GALAHAD

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 09:19:03 am »
Thank you, I am using Primary but I will try a few refreshes.

Thank you.

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 10:30:09 am »
If your on a router this could be the problem.. some routers block connection to the local area network and there for you wont get a whois on yourself of browse either..

There is on thing to make sure of and its simple usually depending on your operating system.. you could make sure that there is a entry in the hosts file for localhost   127.0.0.1   

For XP your hosts file is noramlly in C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc       folder open with notepad and just read through it to see.  Its not unheard of with all the patches and hosts file changes that have been needed with WinMX for this to get lost somers.. If thats in there then its likely your router and some (very few) allow that to be changed in settings.. you could read thorugh your manual to find out about local connections and the settings. 

If your like most folks it will be a router that is doing it and nothing you can do to fix it really ..

Offline GALAHAD

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2007, 03:48:37 pm »
Thank you I will try with dial up.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Nice To Meet You!  |  Whois's

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.017 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx