gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 18, 2024, 08:50:00 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Chat Issues  |  People falling from rooms in last 48 hours
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: People falling from rooms in last 48 hours  (Read 5990 times)

dazco

People falling from rooms in last 48 hours
« on: March 27, 2007, 06:20:14 am »
Have any other room hosts   had groups  of people falling from their rooms in the last 48 hours ?   not had this before personally but people dropping from rooms not just mine

Offline ]-[êll.Ôñ.ËÀR'][']-[.

• WMW Volunteer
  • Its hard being me...but i do it just great.
Re: People falling from rooms in last 48 hours
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 10:30:47 pm »
yea i have been getting the same thing more than usual l8ley and ppl coming back in asking what happened or if the bot kicked them there has been groups of 4 to 8 people dropping in a matter of mins & sometimes seconds  (not just leaving but dropping) also a lot more people failing to connect or error codes showing ( i thought it was just me and a pc prob so didnt mention it)

Offline kobes

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 01:51:53 pm »
hi m8 i keep falling out of chat rooms all the time its driving me insane, do u know wat might be causing this?

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 02:27:13 pm »
Are you using torrents?
What else do you run along with winmx?
How many nrooms so you join usually?
Is the dropping periodic?
Did this happen all of a sudden or happens all the tim?

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2007, 12:16:39 am »
another problem i've seen is people using vista dropping frequently along with the known disconnection on secondary issue, anyone on vista falling from rooms is advised to look Here
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Offline kobes

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2007, 11:04:44 am »
hi samseesam
i usually have messenger runing at same time but i have notice that i still fall when i m only running mx, to me it happens all the time, sometimes every 5 minutes, i never join more than 2 rooms, sometimes i fall from 1 but stay in the other and sometimes fall from both off them at the same time. i m using a secondary conection dont know why but my mx doesnt work with primary connection

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2007, 01:14:14 pm »
sounds like maybe a over active firewall, it may be noticing the conections as some sort of attack what firewall do you have @ kobes

As for the peeps dropping out your room, What server are you using? if its a beta wcs what version, i host on the latest beta and have no problems, but did on some of the older ones.
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

Offline twister

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2007, 12:42:08 pm »
Hi I have been dropping from our room also about every 5 minutes. I only go into theis one chat room my Husband and daughter are in the same room on the same router but using different ports. I am the only one having this problem in our room. I cant figure out why its acting like this. I am using the 3.54 beta 4 and my computer has windows xp on it. I am really getting ticked off at this Like i said i am the only one who drops. My husband and daughter stays in without any problems but mine is being a snought nose. Please help me solve this problem before i loose my temper. Thanks
Twister

Offline ]-[êll.Ôñ.ËÀR'][']-[.

• WMW Volunteer
  • Its hard being me...but i do it just great.
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2007, 06:06:29 pm »
Have you tried using different ports yourself ? ...some tend to work better than others.
I suspect though it is more of a signal problem from your router to your pc that is causing this ....perhaps setting up your connection again will solve this.

Offline bughunter

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2007, 01:33:14 am »
not only would they all have to have different ports but also each computer useing winmx will or would have to have its own INTERNAL static ip set  so for example .......

husband =  router/ gateway  192.168.0.1     computer internal ip = 192.168.0.2   tcp 6699  udp 6257.........

daughter= router/gateway   192.168.0.1     computer internal ip =  192.168.0.3   tcp16699  udp 16257............

mum      = router/gateway  192.168.0.1      computer internal ip  = 192.168.0 4   tcp 26699  udp 26257...........

network  . port forwarding only works consistantly and reliably  if everything is known..........think or a router as a post office  it can only send the mail if the address of the recipiant is known, despite what some people claim  DHCP is a disaster for any kind of portforwarding ( btw DHCP  is the default setup for windows ) simply put what DHCP does is everytime you reboot your computer its internal ip address changes , now based on wether your a class c subnet 192 .x.x.x windows can choose anyone 254 ips   172.x.x.x is class b and upto 2000 ip addresses  are avalable   10.x.x.x  is class a and provides 5000 ip addresses,......(  if you dont have a router then the operating system uses its own inbuilt DHCP to issue ip addresses to computers logining onto the network.....if you have a router then the router will use its own DHCP to issue ip addresses to computers loging onto the network ) if you havent guessed already a router when installed becomes the boss and over rides the operateing system as far as ip addresseing is concerned......and before some bright spark fires up yes i know there are advanced techniques for minupulateing DHCP, merlin / beared blunder does this, but for the purposes of this excercise lets keep ity as simple as possible ...............
now back to our router and port forwarding  as you can see if you dont set static internal ip addresses on your computers  DHCP  will sooner or later render your port forwarding rules invlaid,the post office  ie your router can only send the mail to addresses it knows if your ip changes because of DHCP  you aint gonna get your mail..........
this is exactly the same deal if you want to run winmx as a primary..........

if you have set up as described as above and your still falling then its either a firewall or in even some cases anti virus being a pain in the ass,  if your one of those thatr use nortons with worm control then you will need to add winmx to nortons worm control......

if after all this its still a disaster then can you come to this room WinMXWorld.com Help_6444D04ABABE                         

simply copy and paste that room and hash into the black bar upbove where the channels would normally list and hit the join button on the right..........
someone in there can assist in dtermining what may the cause of the problem..........

best of luck.......................

Offline bughunter

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2007, 08:15:42 am »
what i should have also added is if two or more of the computers useing winmx are  set to being a passive secondry on there default port settings......a passive secondry is were winmx is set to unable to recieve tcp 6699  unable to recieve udp 6257..........
you are also going to have a failure as at the gateway the router is recieveing or trying to send two different  sets of communications from two different computers on the same ports, this will inevietably lead to a failure ie  one or more of you will fall or experiece difficulty with useing winmx.........
if for some reason you need to operate as passive secondry then in settings incomeing tcp connections were it says  listern on port default 6600 tcp 6257 udp..... change the ports so each computer useing winmx is different........{ follow the example for ports as i described for port forwarding in the above post } then check the bottom box were it says unable to accept incomeing  tcp   connections and do the same fort udp...........this way thou each machine is operateing as a passive secondry they are all useing different ports and there for you should avoid any conflicts..........
we see this all the time in the help room, were in the end of diagnostics we find the settings are incorrect.....computers can be quirky beasts at times often even with incorrect settinghs they will work just fine sometimes even for days or even weeks......then all of a sudden it all goes belly up and the user is at a loss as to explain what went wrong......they end up in the help room saying it was working just fine and has been for awhile , but i got up this morning started winmx and it went into a tizz, even thou on my other machine its working just fine............
all to familar story im afraid...........anyways best of luck ..................

Offline bughunter

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2007, 08:18:17 am »
erm bugger replace 6600 with 6699   

Offline twister

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2007, 12:57:50 am »
Just wonted to says thanks for the help but  i aint a dummy we have already had our computers setup with different ip addresses as well as different ports for each computer setup in our router. I never had any trouble until the last patch update. Now i cant stay in the room we host which is the only room i stay in. as far as your last statement you cant run secondary if you are  hosting a room. have a great day

Offline James420

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2007, 05:04:45 am »
You can run secondary when hosting a room, as long as you use a 3rd part chat server. Not many people use winmx as a chat server any more.

Offline birdman

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2007, 05:18:08 am »
At 2.12am GMT everyone fell from my room and fx was seeking the hostfile, its connected by the third party patch, didnt loose internet conection though anyone else have same problem ?

Offline rav1960

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2007, 07:04:03 am »
[Admin Msg]  (82.11.168.196) Connection Failed | code -10054

i get this messeage alot and people start falling outa my room

and host file not found and i fixed it

ticking me off lol

Offline ]2aven (R.I.P.)

• MX Hosts
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2007, 05:01:21 pm »
Unfortunately because of the 1xxx ip flooding fxs has become unusable and if your using the beta version you will have double the problems. A lot of ppl have switched to wcs or ouka by now because work on fxs has been discontinued (the bugs will never be fixed). I just switched to wcs yesterday and trust me i didnt want to but I was dropping every 20 mins so it was that or close my room. Anyways I haven't had a single issue of dropping or ppl dropping since I ditched fxs.  :)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Chat Issues  |  People falling from rooms in last 48 hours

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.024 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx