gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 06:06:37 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Fake Files  |  VBR and CBR mp3'S
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: VBR and CBR mp3'S  (Read 3011 times)

JetT

VBR and CBR mp3'S
« on: March 23, 2006, 01:37:57 am »
Hi , Im new here ,so thanx in advance. Dont people who make mp3s know that vbr really sucks and cbr is the way to go to make an excellent and proper working mp3 file? I have had so much problems with currupt or screwed up mp3s that are vbr, its insane...Thanx all and pls give me your thoughts... :P

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: VBR and CBR mp3'S
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 01:56:45 am »
I havent found any problems with variable bit rate mp3s, in fact their higher overall bit rate seemed fine to my ears, most of those I,ve seen have been obtained from bit torrent sources.

Most folks rip with constant bit rate programs anyway so I dont think its a big problem but I suppose you have a reason for not liking the VBR ones.

What about the rest of you ?

JetT

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2006, 02:15:41 am »
Hi Ghost . I have to say that not all my mp3'S which are vbr don't work,but it does happen quite often.Ive been using BearShare Lite since winmx closed which really does a good job for me. Ofcoarse now that i can use winmx again ,im in heaven. I have noticed that alot of vbr files have been popping up on winmx before its shutdown ,which there were virtually none before. And now winmx is full of them and i hope this will change.I hate downloading a song and having always to double or triple check to see if it really is a valide good old mp3. Anyway CBR is the way to go for me. Thanx, it got things off my chest... :D

Offline p2p rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2006, 09:22:15 am »
If you want CBR you can convert your VBR .mp3's to a CBR with a .mp3 converter.

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
  • We all wear masks... metaphorically speaking...
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2006, 10:12:11 am »
The major issue with VBR's is the performance on playback in certain MP3 players, i have used several good quaility mp3 players and when it comes across VBR's it often looses the ability to use some functions effectively, ie. Countdown doesnt always work, track search can skip about and sometime lock up, etc  Not a big consideration for most users, granted, but never the less i would prefer not to see to many VBR's.

Thanks for the tip p2p, i hadnt considered converting them.........

JetT

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2006, 11:29:05 am »
Thanx p2p ,i never for one second thought of that,genius! (pls let me know if errors can still happen even if converted to cbr). Noob,thanx for your input too, the examples you put are true and are quite annoying ,and i to would like to see less vbr's . Thanx guys :wink:

Offline p2p rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2006, 11:35:28 am »
Your welcome, I use a older version DBpowerAMP to convert VBR .mp3's to CBR, cos in  v11 + the mp3 encoder is on 30 day trial license.The ripper & converter is freeware , the Powerpack is shareware and to encode to mp3 after the 30 day trial license period.
It's free to convert to other codecs ... Windows Media Audio (WMA), Ogg Vorbis, AAC, Monkeys Audio, FLAC, Apple Lossless (ALAC) ect.
I even used it to convert a real audio file to .mp3.It took like over a hour to convert to .mp3 from .ra. :shock:
It wasn't a music file it was a talk radio file.I would never download .ra music files real sucks.

JetT

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2006, 08:02:17 pm »
Thqanx p2p,you really helped.I will try to convert some and ill keep you posted. :lol:

JetT

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2006, 08:31:39 pm »
Hey p2p , i us cdex ,itworks perfectly.Anything else i can download thats free and effective. By the way,it works great.I should of thought of that before.

Offline p2p rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2006, 10:47:37 pm »
Youe welcome!! :D if you do convert them to a lower bitrate you do lost the quality of the higher bitrate version..

JetT

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2006, 10:53:46 pm »
Ok,but what other free programme i can use other than Cdex to convert them,if you know any?...Thanx

Offline p2p rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2006, 11:03:38 pm »
https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?topic=872.0.html you can try EAC , i'm not sure if it's a cd ripper & a converter i never tried it.

JetT

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2006, 11:13:19 pm »
Hey thanx buddy!

Offline p2p rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2006, 11:23:42 pm »
Your welcome again!! :)

freddysdead

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2006, 06:36:06 am »
I haven't got much problem with VBR music tracks, but there are zillions of AVI movies with soundtrack done in VBR.  This really sucks because it results in all kinds of sync issues when you try to transcode them to some other format.  Fact is, the AVI spec doesn't even support VBR, so NOBODY should be using it.  But for some reason the problem is getting worse.  I'd say 90% of movies I've come across lately are VBR.  For some reason, they are also usually weak in volume as well.  I have to change them all to CBR with dbpoweramp and bring up the volume, then remux them to thte video.  This should be totally unnecessary and is really getting up my nose.  If you don't believe me, go to Avery Lee's VirtualDub website and see what he thinks about VBR.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Fake Files  |  VBR and CBR mp3'S

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx