gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76781 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 July 27, 2024, 01:52:58 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Nice To Meet You!  |  Re: Port forwarding for WinMX to function Properly...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Re: Port forwarding for WinMX to function Properly...  (Read 2186 times)

Offline mp3maniac

• Forum Member
Re: Port forwarding for WinMX to function Properly...
« on: November 20, 2007, 03:11:23 pm »
My name is Dan, and I am in Reading, PA. I had been a loyal user of WinMX up until maybe about 4 years ago. I had to move and do without internet for over a year. Upon obtaining a new computer and getting internet hooked up, I began searching for free music download services, winmx in particular, i found that there were practicly no free services anymore. I had no Idea that WinMX was still available until about a week ago. I just have one main question before proceeding here. I understand the reasons for WinMX needing certain ports to be opened and settings to be changed in order for WinMX to work properly. But before doing this, I wanted to be assured that this will not have an effect on any other online activity on my computer once I make these changes. I am running Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005, I have a cable internet connection Running through an RCA DCM425C modem, (my computer is connected directly to a Netgear wireless router, and have one other computer connected wireless on the same router.) I have Norton Internet Security installed. I am trying to run WinMX v.3.53, with no add-ons yet installed(I haven't been able to connect at all yet). I believe I would be better off with a primary connection rather than secondary, but cannot connect either way as of yet. Iwould just like someone to clarify that the changes needed will only be to allow WinMX to function properly, and not effect anything else.

Thanx!!!

Offline mp3maniac

• Forum Member
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 03:19:56 pm »
PS... I am running Win XP SP2

Offline DoctorMesserschmitt

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 01:54:44 am »
Hi Dan. For the port forwarding go to portforward.com, enter your router model where necessary, all you need is there. With Norton, do the obvious, and also watch "internet worm protection", make sure it's turned off.  :wink:

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Nice To Meet You!  |  Re: Port forwarding for WinMX to function Properly...

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.016 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx