gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 08:48:10 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Other Software  |  New Program Suggestions?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: New Program Suggestions?  (Read 4482 times)

Offline Josh

• Forum Member
  • Thinking about tomorrow...
    • http://www.winmxunlimited.net
New Program Suggestions?
« on: March 31, 2007, 02:42:13 am »
I'M getting a little bored not having to work on anything for WinMX users... sooo. I'M asking for a few ideas.  Something I'M working on now is Room Filler 2.0.  It will no longer use my website so there will be no limit to how many users, no confusing IE settings to set or anything. :-)  And it will have more features too :-D

I'M going to hopefully be working with zenar on figuring out what I'M doing wrong with my join packet or quicksilver possibly because it is really stressing me out. But expect that in April :-)

So any ideas for new programs or updates to current ones or anything. Please let me know.  I'M open to any ideas.
- Josh

Offline Zénar

• Forum Member
  • Born again christian since 2010!
Re: New Program Suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2007, 03:34:41 am »
A new idea.... hummmmm since fastascii is pretty popular and I've stopped that project, maybe you can create your own better than mine :-)
[John 14:6] Jesus told him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me."
[Jean 14:6] Jésus lui dit: Je suis le chemin, la vérité, et la vie. Nul ne vient au Père que par moi.

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2007, 04:12:48 am »
How about making a chatroom logger?
Like you have southern lights  for displaying songs, same way...

Or mabye a application that will check if a user has he zero of zero hack and kill his upload then...

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Offline Josh

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 10:57:42 pm »
Does anyone have any ideas other than some stupid upload manager?

The only reason I'M not doing anything is because I have no ideas.
- Josh

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2007, 08:58:57 am »
How about something like KM's web chat? only that would be released?  currently there's not much competition there, you yourself pointed out the drawbacks of the 2sen web chat... i know it wouldn't have the mass appeal of a music reporting add in, or even quite the audience your userlist spammer does.. but it would providethe community with a resource it effectively doesn't have
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Offline Josh

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2007, 08:38:17 pm »
That sounds like a idea i might look into. Although km could do good by releasing his.  :wink:
- Josh

Offline samysam

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2007, 02:52:14 pm »
Hi. I'm new to this forum and even though I've used WinMX before, I couldn't use it very much with the old computer I had. I now have a new one and I'm taking full advantage of WinMX.  I've been looking for something that I can use to list all the great stuff I dwld. I dwld a lot of lectures and radio shows, and have trouble keeping track of them all. A lot of them are in sections and it's hard to know which parts I have and which ones I don't have. Right now, I have to copy and paste each title into notepad or wordpad program just to have a list of them. I have to do each one seperately. Very tedious. Those word programs suck big time for making lists. I found a prog. called WinMX Organizer, which I think is intended for this purpose, but it's in Japanese and I haven't been able to find an English version. I haven't figured out how it all works. Since you're asking for suggestions, how about making a program for WinMX that keeps track of all dwlds and what folders they are in and that would notify us when we are dwling a duplicate file. I can't tell you how often I've dwnled doubles and triples. Hard to keep track with a lot of files.

Something like the "Open Incoming Files Folder " button, but for other folders where the files are put into after they've been dwled. would be nice.  Maybe more buttons like the Incoming Files one, but that can be assigned to other folders that we can choose. I know this would be very helpful for me. Would give me easy access to those folders right inside WinMX. That way, I could just easily open the folder to see the files there and I wouldn't have to make that tedious list. As it is now, I keep my lists in my share folder so I can find it easily.

What do you think? I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem. If you have any comments and you want to email me:   (edited: SiliconToad2000)

I think I registered with another email address and haven't updated it here yet.

Silicon_toad2000 : I have removed email to protect the user :) and also sent a pm.
Life should be moments to savour, not endure.

Offline ']['affy

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2007, 03:51:33 pm »
a program would go down nice if u could see the percentage of what ppl have when there in your que would go down nicely, pointless in having ppl in your que when there on say 70% maybe an add on to mxmonitor

Offline samysam

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2007, 02:52:53 am »
Hi Taffy. What a great idea. I've thought of that often myself, but didn't think of it when I posted my suggestion. It would be nice to know the percentage of a qued file, so that you could start the ones that are almost or mostly finished.
Life should be moments to savour, not endure.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Other Software  |  New Program Suggestions?

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.021 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx