gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 18, 2024, 09:21:25 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX on current Windows Versions  |  Getting This Error Message When Installing The App
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Getting This Error Message When Installing The App  (Read 640 times)

Offline JoshuahLind

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
Getting This Error Message When Installing The App
« on: July 05, 2023, 06:59:48 am »
Greetings, I am trying to install WinMX on my Windows 11 PC. But I am having a problem while installing this app. I came across this error message "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000012d). Click Ok to close the application." I have no idea what could be the issue. Does anyone have any idea about how to solve it? Any kind of help would be highly appreciated.

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
Re: Getting This Error Message When Installing The App
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2023, 12:41:20 am »
Hi Joshuah,

Hae you tried the procedure for running it on win10 yet?
See here:  https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/winmx_win10_basics.html
Also you probably need to run the installer as administrator if  remember correctly...
Good luck!
nylly  :walk:
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2023, 04:50:25 pm »
ive found on win 11 that along with winmx.exe, channel rejoiner, and mxmoni need to run as administrator as well... basically anything "winmx" needs admin rights or it wont work right..

that said i havent actually used the installer in quite a few years as i keep a rar archive of my winmx folder that i always extract into the 32bit program files directory.. it goes all the way back to win7 32bit and has even been used on linux, but has been updated and re-archived over time..

this is actually best practice after you first install winmx because all of the settings you change and all the new filetypes that need to be added.. this is especially true if you use opennap and have usernames/passwords saved... just be careful what you pick as a username.. being too sarcastic with winmx' demand that a UNIQUE username be chosen can end with.. interesting results...

Offline FiftyfourForty

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
The most useful idea for tyrants is the idea of God.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2023, 04:23:32 pm »
please... next time you have a problem... keep it all in one thread... you splatted the forum in random places for help... please don't do that..

Offline Raps

• POD
  • WinMX4u
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2023, 11:12:56 am »
Hello there, I have no idea why this is happening to you. I recommend you check to be sure its all uninstalled then look to be sure no winmx folder exists in the program files. Re download winmx. Once you have re downloaded then right click on the installer and select run as admin. This should allow the installer to run you through the rest of the process.

Offline Ace

• Forum Member
  • Every new creation is the sum of old and new.
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2023, 12:38:30 pm »
update your windows then retry to install     first link on google  possable driver outdate  error code 0xc000012d error is corrupted Windows system files.
can do You can fix it by running an SFC (System File Checker) scan through the Command Prompt. SFC is a Windows built-in utility that can help repair corrupted or failing system files

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX on current Windows Versions  |  Getting This Error Message When Installing The App

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 25 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx