gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 03, 2024, 03:26:20 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Still Not Conected, Post Here
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Still Not Conected, Post Here  (Read 12672 times)

Offline InTheMx

• Forum Member
Still Not Conected, Post Here
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2005, 03:14:31 am »
No problem, "me here". Is it possible to keep a link to updated hosts files where those of us who can't use the .dll can access the link? It would be much appreciated and I like the fact that your hosts file keeps secondaries in and works well to keep me connected. Thanks again.
To err is human, to forgive this computer... sooooo not me.

Offline InTheMx

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2005, 03:17:32 am »
P.S. Thank you for letting me in on the real meaning behind the pie patch. I deleted it out of my system when you gave me the hosts file.

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2005, 11:27:20 am »
Sure InTheMX
The hosts file will remain a static link

https://www.winmxworld.com/files/winmxworld_hosts.zip

As there have been no major changes in the peer caches IP addresses I will tell you that its still as you downloaded,

Any updates I will post in the Reconnection Issue Portion of the forum as an announcement..keep in mind that an outdated hosts file will still work.. just not as quickly..

Its always our pleasure to help you any way we can..

:wink:

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
  • We all wear masks... metaphorically speaking...
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2005, 11:59:10 am »
Quote from: me here

We have had theories that Frontcode shut down due  to aliens.. trust me that 'half baked' theory was deleted.. for example..

I cant apologise enough, i really thought i saw 2 little green men running out of the FC office with a load of servers. I have since changed "tobacco" supplier  :D

Offline InTheMx

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2005, 12:41:20 pm »
Okie dokie, "me here", much appreciated. You guys are doing a great job. Btw, I read your posts at Vladd's site - you go girl!  :wink:

Mick

« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2005, 12:53:06 pm »
Nobby wrote

I cant apologise enough, i really thought i saw 2 little green men running out of the FC office with a load of servers. I have since changed "tobacco" supplier

Why change "tobacco" suppliers?

Offline InTheMx

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2005, 01:00:55 pm »
Bad "tobacco" making him see things that aren't there, lol.

Mick

« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2005, 01:09:42 pm »
How do u know the 2 little green men were not there?

Sounds like good "tobacco" to me, lol.

Confused

Still not connected
« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2005, 10:24:29 pm »
I tried the hosts file fix last month and it worked once as a primary.  I disconnected from the network manually, and it never worked again.  I tried the PIE patch, manualy downloaded host files, changed ports & installed the beta.

phttt. nada.

Any other ideas short of deleting and reinstalling?

Anonymous

« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2005, 11:20:12 pm »
Try the new updated patch here:
https://www.winmxgroup.com/Install-1.9.exe

It's works on 98/ME NT 2k XP Just follow the installation instructions.

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2005, 03:08:01 am »
I would like to take this opportunity to point out some very encouraging updates..

If youve read my previous posts in this thread you will see that we have had some concerns over using the PIE patch 2.6.  I want to clarify that there has been some imporvments made, after talking with the developers.  

I still have concerns that one of the main servers being used to connect right now was eliminated from the 2.6 version however, the limiting of secondaries has been worked on and is no longer a problem at this time.

I sitll as I mentioned hope to see them take the attitude we have to use ALL available means to get folks connected.  I feel that they are making efforts to improve the caches availabily to all users..

So that said... bear in mind I still feel that the Patch we have available is a more efficient and better at protecting the network from the likes of the RIAA, I do understand that there are a handul of people still experiencing problems.

Miss_music

no connection
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2005, 06:15:22 pm »
Ive trted to reinstall and connect back to winmx got the patch ect... i have down loaded the zip file for host and to be honest im not sure where to go from there can any1 help??? :0( dedicated winmx user perfection28478@hotmail.com

Any help much appreicated thanxs!!!!

Offline InTheMx

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2005, 07:03:05 pm »
Hello, Miss music. If you downloaded the hosts zip file and don't know your way around Windows then go to this string, "UpDate: Early Pie Patch and Split Hosts File Users", in this Reconnection Issues part of the forum. "me here" has given links to executables where the hosts files download automatically to the folder they belong in without you having to unhide files and looking for the pertinent folder.

Now, if you are using an XP, do the following steps after you've installed the hosts file:

1. Start Menu, choose Run and type in "cmd" (without quotes) and hit enter.
2. Type in: "ipconfig /flushdns" (without quotes) and hit enter.
3. Close that box and start WinMX. Hopefully you will connect.

Use the hosts file link ONLY if the Install-1.9 doesn't work for you - it is much more preferable if you use that installer since it helps keep the RIAA off your back from flooding the system with fake files. You can get the Install-1.9 executable here: https://www.winmxgroup.com/Install-1.9.exe

I also recommend you do a dns flush outlined in the steps above after you've installed the 1.9 patch. Either way, one of these fixes should work for you.

And "me here", I was confused for a minute why you deleted my posting with the link to the PiePatch just for you to put in the same identical link back again in that string I stated above. Now that you've clarified why you did it, I understand. Thanks for your help again.

Miss Music

Thanxs!!
« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2005, 07:53:39 pm »
Thanxs for that info to IN THE MX im now up and runnin again :0) ur a star!! Just one more question ive put my leech hammer back on but it doesnt seem to work does it work now with winmx? and if so its just sayin auto startin winmx but nothin happens and it doesnt work!

Offline InTheMx

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2005, 09:50:54 pm »
Glad to hear you're connected again, Miss Music  :D since I know a LOT of people who deleted all their WinMX files and program thinking it was down for good. (It may have been down for a while, but it was never out - yay!!)

As for leechammer, it's been so long since I used it I've forgotten how it connects to MX. I use MX monitor and far prefer that over leechammer since it gives you more options, works just as well with this version of MX as the old one and, from what I could tell, it's doesn't use as much as your system's resources as hammer. Plus, all you have to do is double click on the Moni icon after setting it up to open up both WinMX and Moni. You can get Moni here: http://httpss://archive.winmxworld.com/MxMoni/MXMoni128Eb.zip.

They have an easy to follow tutorial on how to set up your Moni here: https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/mxmoni.html. It may seem confusing at first, but you will soon find that the abundance of options it offers over leechammer are far more preferable. I think I used hammer for all of a day and a half when I came across Moni and I never went back. If you still want to use leechammer, try this link for info to see if it's correctly set up with MX:  https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/leechammer.html Good luck!

jimivonhendrix

WinMx will no longer connect
« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2005, 01:03:19 pm »
I use Windows XP, and 56k dial up internet connection. I have been using Winmx for about two years now. This last month, on attempting to repeatedly log into winmx to continue some downloads, I found that it will not connect.
 So I uninstalled the older version that I had, and downloaded version 3.53, to no avail. It still won't connect.
 Every other program on this computer is running fine, both online and offline, and I've repeatedly scanned for viruses. What's going on in the Winmx world? Have I missed something ? It gets stuck on "finding network connections" !

Confused

Still no luck
« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2005, 05:44:26 pm »
Quote from: Anonymous
Try the new updated patch here:

It's works on 98/ME NT 2k XP Just follow the installation instructions.

-- firewalls modified to use Vlad's new ports and old ports
-- patch installed
-- hosts file changed
-- old DLL moved out of path

What next Batman? :?:

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2005, 06:35:53 pm »
jimivonhendrix:
WinMX Technologies was sent a letter by the RIAA along with other p2p systems.  Although WinMX  doesnt advertise or offer help with its servce, they opted not to pursue a legal battle and voluntarily shut down their website, and the peer caches we all use to connect.  Some of  the users have since made thier own peer caache servers and there is a patch you need to install to get connected to those.

Just download that and allow it to install, then fire up WinMX and you should get connected.

Confused:
I need more information reguarding what troubles your experiencing.

I am also a bit confused about :
firewalls modified to use Vlad's new ports and old ports

Um you shouldnt need to change ports for either fix, and as you meantion Vladd, this also makes me wonder if your using the Pie Patch or our installer..

I just need to be sure in order to help you better.. so
what patch installed  ?( again just need to be sure so we can help ya)
Hosts file changed to what exactly?
The old DLL and the new DLL have the same name inorder for windows and WinMX to operate properly.  When you install our new patch you shouldnt need to move anytihng..simply allow it to overwrite.
It would also be benificial to me to know what operating system your on, and what WinMX version your using .

Let me know

Confused

RE:Still no luck
« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2005, 07:39:42 pm »
Thanks for the quick reply...

I'm running XP, WinMX 3.54B from your installer v1.9.  I had earlier installed the PIE patch, but that appeared to be only a new hosts file.

Last Friday I installed the WinMXWorld hosts file...

Have I done to much to "fix" this?  Seems like no matter what I try, I get no joy.

Confused

Re: still no luck
« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2005, 07:41:43 pm »
....continuing my reply.....

I only get a Yellow light, whether trying a primary connection or secondary.

Thx!

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Still Not Conected, Post Here

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.01 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx