gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 03, 2024, 03:34:29 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Still Not Conected, Post Here
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Still Not Conected, Post Here  (Read 12674 times)

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Still Not Conected, Post Here
« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2005, 08:58:06 pm »
Ok Confused,

Your nic is fitting cause hun we all confused at times lately.. lol

Yes I think the problem may be all the fixes you have attempted, and its our fault and the Pie teams for not making a better check list of things that need to be removed and saved in order to use the next one...

So this is what I want you to do for me..

First I want you to insure that we start fresh...any previous fixes you have used can either be moved to a new folder you make to save for a back up or deleted completely.

1)  I want you to download this original hosts file that comes with standard XP operating systems

https://www.winmxworld.com/files/original_hosts_file.zip

2)  Unzip that to your C;\Windows\system32\drivers\etc   folder.

3)  Now I want you to uninstall WinMX, if you want your settings to be saved all you need to do is save the Settings.dat and the library.dat file from your existing WinMX folder into that new folder I asked you to make.
Delete any short cuts to WinMX your using now. Desktop or Start Menu ones.
After you uninstall WinMX, please verify that there is now folder in C:\Program Files\WinMX

4)  Now I would like you to redownload the Install 1.9.exe from here:
https://www.winmxgroup.com/Install-1.9.exe
Reason for redownload, a few folks didnt get a full download due to the size and speed of the download.
This file should be approx.  1.3MB in size on completion of download.

5)  Now reboot the computer for me at this time.

6)  Now run the Install 1.9.exe and make a clean installation of WinMX on your computer for XP or 98/ME.

7)  Once this has installed if it connects fine for you at his time then you done and ready to use it.

8.)  If it doesnt connect I want you to shut down WinMX and do a dns flush:

Start > Run  type in   'cmd'  then hit OK
Then in the dos box type  'ipconfig /flushdns'  and hit enter.

9)  Now restart your WinMX

Let me know how this went for you

Confused

Still no luck -- stuck on Yellow...
« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2005, 12:36:19 am »
OK...  I did everything you asked for.  

Still no connection.

Shall I try your Hosts file?  My outgoing firewall logs have a connection to WinMX.com with no resolution...

Confused

NEWS FLASH
« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2005, 12:42:17 am »
Using a little initiative, I dropped your hosts file into the rtc directory, flushed & restarted WinMX...

Guess what?

IT WORKED!

Thanks!!!!

Mille Grazie!!!!  WooHOO!

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #63 on: October 18, 2005, 01:01:19 am »
:D
Just so you know that link is to a Original hosts file, this means the one that came with your operating system.

So you are now on the Dll patch to connect in case you need to know that in the future

Confused No Longer

Thanks Again!
« Reply #64 on: October 18, 2005, 01:17:42 am »
Now... about this Sherwood thing....  Will this help boost performance?

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #65 on: October 18, 2005, 01:24:22 am »
At this time the answer is mostly NO.. some yes..

Here is a quote from an article I am working on now..

"very important aspect of running a primary is keeping the RIAA at bay for all users connected to you.  This is very important not only for your own connection but, for the Network as well.  There are three great ways to do this and the trick is to choose whats best for you.  I will explain each briefly as far as pros and cons and then let you make the decisions on what to use.

PeerGuardian 2 is great choice that many of us that have been around p2p for a few years have heard of and know the name.  They have done alot of work in protecting us p2p users for all types of Networks not just WinMX.  So if your using other p2p Networks this may be right for you.  Recently they have had some issues with a member hijacking their site, however this has been resolved completely.  The biggest downfall to using Peer Guardian 2 is that the lists of blocked IPs are huge, and can contain perfectly innocent IPs, it also is not as upto date for WinMX.  There fore if you choose to use Peer Guardian 2 please visit the following link and add our block and allow lists for added safety for WinMX.

PeerGuardian Set Up

Sherwood is the latest weapon in blocking the RIAA and flooders from WInMX.  Its specific to WinMX and the block lists are maintained by a smaller group.  This allows them to be changed rapidly when new IPs are flooding WinMX.  This is a new program and is still in its beta stages however, the program operates well for most users with little to no difficulty.

Sherwood FAQs

The Third option being our .dll which has a built in block list identical to the one we ask you to add to your Peer Guardian.

Will this improve performance short term or for you personaly no
Will it improve preformance on the network in general .. yes

Confused No More your using our DLL which has built in protection, so have no fear your doing your bit already to keep us safe ..

:wink:

drap

« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2005, 07:43:07 pm »
Hi Iam  on  a school district network and cant connect on primary or secondary  i used to beable  to connect by secondary not any more.
Ive tryed the patch still no luck.
dose any one have any sugesttions?

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2005, 08:22:42 pm »
Drop can you give me more details of your situation.

What operating system are on the computers your using.

What Patches have you tried.

Was WinMX installed newly on this machine or was it an existing installed program.

If it was pre-existing, what connection did you use prior, secondary or primary.

Thanks..

trader dave

going again
« Reply #68 on: October 20, 2005, 06:31:23 pm »
been trying many things to try and get connected again it all failed unill i tried the 1.9.exe and bingo we are back in the mx tryed many other programs in my hour of need  none come anywhere near winmx LONG MAY WE STAY ON LINE
many thanks to the brains who have got us up and going again

a loyal user trader dave

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #69 on: October 21, 2005, 12:06:49 pm »
Glad your back with us Trader dave ....

thebaron666

connection
« Reply #70 on: October 26, 2005, 04:16:36 pm »
hi

I have tried everything,so pi**ed off with this,has been good in the past,but have decided to use torrents to get files.I think people should go the same way.

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #71 on: October 26, 2005, 04:38:20 pm »
For anyone not connected please follow these instructions:

First I want you to insure that we start fresh...any previous fixes you have used can either be moved to a new folder you make to save for a back up or deleted completely.

1) I want you to download this original hosts file that comes with standard Windows operating systems

https://www.winmxworld.com/files/original_hosts_file.zip

2) Unzip that to your C;\Windows\system32\drivers\etc folder for XP
or C:\Windows folder for 98/ME.

3) Now I want you to uninstall WinMX, if you want your settings to be saved all you need to do is save the Settings.dat and the library.dat file from your existing WinMX folder into that new folder.
Delete any short cuts to WinMX your using now. Desktop or Start Menu ones.
After you uninstall WinMX, please verify that there is no folder in C:\Program Files\WinMX

4) Now I would like you to redownload the Install 1.9.exe from here:
https://www.winmxgroup.com/Install-1.9.exe
Reason for redownload, a few folks didnt get a full download due to the size and speed of the download.
This file should be approx. 1.3MB in size on completion of download.

5) Now reboot the computer for me at this time.

6) Now run the Install 1.9.exe and make a clean installation of WinMX on your computer for XP or 98/ME.

7) Once this has installed if it connects fine for you at his time then you done and ready to use it. You can now add your settings.dat and library.dat files to your new folder of WinMX to get your settings back.

8.) If your using XP and it doesnt connect I want you to shut down WinMX and do a dns flush:

Start > Run type in 'cmd' then hit OK
Then in the dos box type 'ipconfig /flushdns' and hit enter.

9) Now restart your WinMX

Let me know how this went for you

Timothy

« Reply #72 on: November 01, 2005, 03:45:05 pm »
Ok, I'm a Mo-Ron..unzip to windows 32?  I really don't know much about computers... :oops:

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #73 on: November 01, 2005, 03:54:10 pm »
Timothy there is a hosts file that your computer came with in the C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc... folder For Xp.
Often times folks have messed with this way too much trying to get connected.  By installing this file you are simply replacing it with the one that came with your operating system.

This is where you need to place the Original Hosts File in that zip file listed above.

Timothy could you tell me a bit about what patches you have tried and what operating system you have, like Windows xp, 98, etc...

Thanks...

Timothy

connect issues
« Reply #74 on: November 01, 2005, 04:23:18 pm »
I have Windows XP Professional.  I have previously downloaded all patches available with no success.  I had a secondary connection with Cable and a wireless router.  Please let me know if you need any more information

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
« Reply #75 on: November 01, 2005, 05:25:54 pm »
Which patches exactly - only from this site or from somewhere else too?
And did you install them all, without deinstalling if it didn't work?
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #76 on: November 01, 2005, 09:25:19 pm »
Just let yall know incase Timothy is too busy browsing MX, we did get his problem worked out and hes up and running, and says his son will be thrilled.. giggles..

doc from movie universe

i have tried everything
« Reply #77 on: December 10, 2005, 09:03:08 pm »
i not a happy camper lol I have tried everything. the new updated patch, mx 354 beta 4, changed ports, dns flush, dns stoped, vladd sugestions, everything.  My op sys is XP sp2  can you help me please. despritely seekin a connection.

Link loads faulty zip file
« Reply #78 on: December 16, 2005, 01:30:54 am »
Hi.  I'm browsing the site to find out why WinMX doesn't connect.  Tried the link listed in your post (below).  The link downloads a zip file, but when I open it, it says "Cannot open file. It's not a valid file".  Thought I'd let you know.  Great site btw.  

Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:17 am    Post subject:    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are asking folks to install the newest version of WinMX..

Its 3.54 beta 4 ..

to install it you need only replace you the unziped WinMX.exe from our Archive with the WinMX.exe from your WinMX folder in program files and restart..

httpss://archive.winmxworld.com/WinMX/Beta/winmx354beta4.zip

That belongs in your C\Program Files\WinMX folder..

then restart WinMX... 8[/img]

path

See ip ranges topic, it will get you connected!
« Reply #79 on: December 30, 2005, 07:39:45 pm »
see the ip ranges topic post by myself today...it has the newest ip ranges that need to be blocked to stop riaa from flooding your winmx udp ports....thanks to a resourceful member of mine he has found out the ranges for all of the new riaa threats for all of us.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Still Not Conected, Post Here

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.01 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx