gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 02:15:06 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Upload/Download managers  |  Ignore user.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Ignore user.  (Read 6155 times)

Offline glazenuts

• Forum Member
Ignore user.
« on: July 11, 2006, 04:23:54 pm »
Hi,

Is there a way to ignore user by there name/whois? I got this guy who keeps asking to trade but must have incoming msg turned off. Every time I try to msg him back I get user not online msg but he's in my que. I kick him but he rejoins and ask to trade. It's really becoming annoying.

thanx,

:D
I started with nothing, I still have a little left{unknown}

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: Ignore user.
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 05:03:36 pm »
Hi Glazenuts, to ignore any user you simply right click on the name in the transfers screen and select "whois" then you will see the "ignore" option in that window.

Anything more complicated will require the use of MxMonitor, we have a guide here to help  :)

https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/mxmoni.html

Offline glazenuts

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2006, 06:24:40 pm »
Thank you for the "SPEEDY">>>>> reply. I've done that. I also run MXmonitor. I add his name the ignore leedch box. will help as well in the future?

Thanks again for the assistance.

D:
I started with nothing, I still have a little left{unknown}

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2006, 07:23:14 pm »
Glad to be of assistance  :D

Offline Rivertramp

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2007, 02:18:26 am »
I had the same issue and discovered that the requesting user was on SEVERAL opennap nets,  so until EACH was iindependently ignored (which I dont like to do), I kept being "pestered!"   lol   After due diligence and a little detective work, the user was ignored thru all the nets and no more problems.   (Until, that is, when I cleared my ignore list.  I do that at least once a week.)  Hope this helps.
River     

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2007, 04:50:20 am »
Unshare the file in question temporarily and clear all except one upload of is... Should be done then..
Try to message him and explain it to him in brief as well...

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Offline Majic_ShareAll

• Forum Member
    • Technical Advisor for Mutimedia & Computers
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2007, 03:11:28 am »
Another way to ignore, is to rclk the user into the hotliist.  Then they can be ignored.  Unfortuantely, ignore is not on the browse screen, where users tend to make that decision (whois info is not accurate to the degree it doesn't tell you what the other person is using for shared files), but the option to add to the Hot List is.

I like leech hammer, for ignoring, because it is a simple clk of the hammer, with the perspn selected.  This automatically removes of the hammerred entries, which simply ignoring doesn't do.

Also, if I am going to block or ignore someone, I like to have the satisfaction of hearing them get hammered

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2007, 04:48:16 pm »
i liked leechammer till i got into chat.. then it's major drawback becomes rapidly evident... it drove me to MxM which i never really liked as much.. but doesn't interfere the same way
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Offline lamia

• Forum Member
  • I LOVE my music
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2008, 02:04:50 am »
I was trying to down load some music but was rejected I tried to send a message but was ignored, I have never tried to down load from this before person so why the rejection?....... I always share and apologise if they cannot download for some reason. I always thank the person if I have uploaded a few songs from them. If anyone has the timelife maltshop discs I would really appreciate it as we are doing it for a 60th birthday bash.
Hello world

Offline lamia

• Forum Member
  • I LOVE my music
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2008, 02:08:02 am »
thankyou aesop081 for you non-help in this
Hello world

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Upload/Download managers  |  Ignore user.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.028 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx