gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 12:21:00 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Upload/Download managers  |  New install of Moni not working, please help
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: New install of Moni not working, please help  (Read 7498 times)

Offline teddytora

• Forum Member
New install of Moni not working, please help
« on: October 16, 2007, 09:46:07 am »
I recently lost my hard disk with WinMx & MXMonitor on. Have replaced the disk, reinstalled windows (XP SP2). Have reinstalled WinMx (3.54 Beta 4) which works ok, but I can't get MxMonitor (1.28Eb)  to work. If I start WinMx first, then Moni, under the log tab I get "Start monitoring..." but nothing more, none of my uploads/downloads show up under transfers, & the "Clear Ignore List" is greyed out. If I start Moni first, then WinMx, under the log tab I get "Start Monitoring...", MXJack.dll implanted", "Found WinMx window", "Found transfer window" , & the "Clear Ignore List" is accessible, however WinMX will not connect, either using primary (which I normally use), or Secondary connection.

I believe that I have reinstalled the same versions that I previously had, & which seemed to work fine. I've checked all the settings on both Moni & WinMx & can't see anything obvious that could be causing the problem. Also checked & rechecked the path form Moni to WinMx & it's correct.
have tried uninstalling & reinstalling both programs but still no luck.

I would be extremely grateful for any advice.

Many thanks,

TT.

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Re: New install of Moni not working, please help
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 10:37:11 am »
Hum...

WinMX connecting should not be effected at all by having MXMoni installed.. so that makes me think that something on the system sees MXMoni starting winmx and thinks its being hijacked..

What firewalls are you using since the format and have you checked the XP one.

I think I would try to start WinMX via Moni with the firewalls off and see if this helps.. if it does then shut down them both.. go to the firewall you normally use.. remove WinMX from allowed rules and then restart via Moni again.. and see if this helps.. when the firewall asks for persmission to allow WinMX say yes..

Post back to let us know.

Offline teddytora

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 01:03:19 am »
It seems the XP firewall was doing the damage, having turned it off things are back to normal.

Many thanks for the help.

TT.

Offline daxi

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 03:48:55 am »

I too have had a recent problem with MXMoni. same as what you described.
however it simply decided not to work one day, on the 14th october 2007, a day after some windows updates were installed.
So: it might be to do with updates?
I am afraid of 'switching off' the windows XP firewall and see no reason why it would make any difference to MXMoni as it is WinMx that is connecting NOT MXMoni.
TT maybe you can try to 'reproduce' the problem to help narrow the problem?
If you have your firewall off, then are you using an alternate? (kinda hope so!)

surely there are others out there with this same problem, register, log in and comment here until we can workaround the issue!

daxi

Offline daxi

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2007, 07:53:44 am »

Right, I think I have the answer. Please If you have the same problem and this fixes it DO post your confirmation here.

Close WinMX and MXMoni, then

Start>My computer>right click, properties.
Advanced Tab > Performance settings
Data Execution Prevention > select Turn on DEP for all programs except those I select:
Click on Add
Browse for WinMX.exe >select then Open.
Browse for MXMoni.exe >select then Open.

I am not sure BOTH of these are needed -trying? update this thread!!

You may need to reboot.

good luck

djkb

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2008, 04:17:27 pm »
I have been looking for an answer for a few days.  I just want to say thanks daxi.  That info is what I needed to get monitor to start

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Upload/Download managers  |  New install of Moni not working, please help

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx