gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 03:25:31 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  can not download anymore!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: can not download anymore!  (Read 3309 times)

jade

can not download anymore!
« on: May 11, 2005, 04:11:43 pm »
Hello,
I was wondering if someone can help.  I can no longer download any music.  The search list comes up, I click to download, it attempts to connect and then ends up all turning red.   The only difference in my system is switching to DSL from Cable.  I never really had problems downloading when I had a Cable connection.  But, I don't understand what the difference is now, and how I can fix it.  I've tried the general things with shutting firewall...to no avail!  I've changed my settings on Winmx to reflect DSL..and its been on can not make a primary connection as it always was when I had Cable.  I've even played around with that, but no luck.

Please, I need some recommendations.

Thanks,

Jade

KM

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2005, 10:47:32 pm »
the not downloading could be due to the fake files issue if you see loads of avalible files and select one of those (chances are those are fake, they are easy to spot)

not getting a primary connection is probably due to the XP firewall if you have XP - it will enable itself when it detected the new connection

jade

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2005, 08:44:42 pm »
Hi KM,
Thanks for your reply.  I replied back before, but it seems it didn't go through.  Yeah, I have XP, but I was always able to download via the secondary connection thing.  I really dont understand what the ports thing is all about or mapping different ports they say to do with a router...I don't know how to do that.  Fake files? I'm not sure I know how to recognize them, but I do know that I've clicked on tons and tons of possibilities, none of which are downloading at all.  

Please, any suggestions of what I might be overlooking????

Thanks,

Jade

KM

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2005, 09:05:13 pm »
the fake files are easy to spot because they have hundreds of files listed as avalible - winmx is good, but not that good (lol)

if you selected loads to try then chances are you where searching for fake files to have that many avalible files to select from

the best bet is for you to look for the "WinMXWorld.com" chat room - there should be someone around who can help you with a few tests (like downloading a test file from them) which will clear things up a bit more easilly :-D

jade

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2005, 01:35:40 am »
which chat room should I be going into ?????

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2005, 02:20:06 am »
If your on WinMX, just look on your list for this room Jade...

WinMxWorld.Com_CC0F2AD9221C  

Someone in there will be glad to help you out, there is almost always someone around but if not when you visit feel free to have a seat until someone comes round ....  :wink:

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  can not download anymore!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.021 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx