gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 08, 2024, 10:26:26 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  need help reconnecting
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: need help reconnecting  (Read 2716 times)

njitaliana127

need help reconnecting
« on: October 08, 2005, 09:52:48 pm »
I uninstalled WinMX when I thought I could no longer download. Then, I found the patch, so I reinstalled WinMX. I downloaded the first patch, but it didn't work. I did the run commands and that didn't help. I downloaded the newer patch 2.6 and it isn't working, either.

Can someone please help? You can message me if you want and we can try to figure it out. I'm not sure if I filled out the right stuff when I reinstalled WinMX this time, as I don't know what a lot of the questions mean.

I'm going bonkers without being able to download music. Any help would be so, so appreciated.

Thanks

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
need help reconnecting
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2005, 10:08:33 pm »
Pm on its way  :wink:

marla310

i cant connect to winmx
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2005, 04:29:43 am »
My computer alows me to bring up the window for winmx and also says that its finding network connections. It never connects and all it does is flash the yellow light.  I've tried everything to help this problem but nothing will work, can someone please help me?!?!?

KM

need help reconnecting
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2005, 05:09:35 am »
do you have the patch installed?

njitaliana127

need help reconnecting
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2005, 10:18:04 am »
I installed the patch, but it's still not working.

Offline Neutron

• Forum Member
need help reconnecting
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2005, 02:09:34 pm »
Uninstall your current WinMX, and make sure there are no files left in the folder where WinMX was installed. (C:\Program files\WinMX by default)
Get a fresh copy of the 1.9 patch from www.winmxgroup.com and install it.
Make sure you select the right windows version.
The connection checker wizard doesn't work anymore, so you will have to configure WinMX manually depending on how your internet connection is set up (firewalls, routers)
have a look at these pages:
Info about firewalls - https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/firewall.html
Info about routers - https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/routers_info.html
If you don't want to configure your WinMX connection at this point, Just have the connection checker fail both tests, and set it to "Unable to receive incoming connections" and "Unable to send/receive UDP packets", however, with these settings, you won't be able to run a primary connection, and you won't get as many search results. you should still be able to connect, and download from some users.

njitaliana127

need help reconnecting
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2005, 05:03:30 pm »
I got my Win MX running again!! Finally! After more than a month. Thanks for all your help here!!

Offline Neutron

• Forum Member
np
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2005, 02:12:31 am »
we're just glad we could help. if you have any other issues, please pop back into the forums :)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  need help reconnecting

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx