gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 03:11:35 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  Wish we could help financially.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Wish we could help financially.  (Read 1322 times)

wavoka

Wish we could help financially.
« on: October 09, 2005, 12:16:21 pm »
What you guys need is a blind snail mail drop where members could send money to hire lawyers to take care of busines. Itr'd have to be set up so that our foes can't get to it.

I would not suggest anyone ever send a check or other traceable document. The enemy would love to get their hands on such. Rather, a place where folk could send an envelope with a few dollars in it, or just one, to help our cause.

What they are doing is illegal on many levels. Basically, they are using illegal tactics to combat what they claim are illegal tactics. Or two "wrongs" make a right. They have hordes of high priced legal talent on their side. What we need is one obstinate SOB legal genius with the tenacity of a Pit Bull on our side.

I wish I could be more eloquent, but it's damned early in the AM.

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
  • We all wear masks... metaphorically speaking...
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2005, 04:06:19 pm »
There has been some planning on the organisation of a financial string to our bow, i shall say no more for now, but its under concideration...

KM

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2005, 07:59:03 pm »
...if someone will only help out winmx if they receive donations to pay for it all, i for one don't want to be using any peer caches or patches they may come up with

i for one have no problem with funding my servers out of my own pocket to help out, and i would rather shut my servers down than start expecting people to pay to run them... and if you ever see me either ask for donations or start putting banner adds on any websites set up to help winmx then i would expect you to seriously consider my motivations in the same way i would if someone else started wanting money to pay for servers to help winmx.

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
  • We all wear masks... metaphorically speaking...
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2005, 06:23:59 am »
This isnt about people only helping out winmx for money KM as you well know there are those amongst us that are looking at the bigger picture not just the running of peer cache servers (although yourself and Sabre have done an excellent job) there maybe in the near future the requirement to make purchases, weather it be advertising space, legal help, addtional domain names, company registrations, printing costs...... all sorts of things that we may have no choice but to pay for. It seems only sensible to have the begins of a plan in place for a finacial structure, and if we choose not to use it then so be it.

KM take off your server hat for a moment, we have up to 8million people to reach and spread the word too, many of the methods of doing this may cost money, if you have a free simple alternative to reach 8million worldwide, you know where the PIE forum is to post your suggestions.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  Wish we could help financially.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx