gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 11:35:51 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Can not download or upload
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Can not download or upload  (Read 5016 times)

Anonymous

Can not download or upload
« on: May 02, 2005, 12:04:20 am »
Ok i have been working on this nearly all night and now thi morning.

And i am ready to throw the computer out the window.

First of all i have had serious trouble with getting winmx to load at all. I would download ok but when i go to run it, it crashes. I don't even get to look for a connextion page. (winmx 3.53)
I found on the winmx site beta testing for 3.54, so i downloaded it and i can load this up without a glitch, but could  not get a connection. After doing a google search i found a few places talking about port forwarding and the likes so i went about setting up the router.
Did everything they all have said and finally i have a connection. Then had trouble searching for files, but that now is working ok.
I have tried changing the port forwarding
But now i cannot donload or people upload from me. i can browse them but all i get is waiting for incoming connection.

What is getting me is that i have never had this problem in the past. My old computer ran this program easy with no glitches. The only difference is i had to setup the the LAN manually to talk to the router.

Can anyone help

Will Munney

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2005, 12:05:22 am »
Terrible sorry Guest is me

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2005, 01:01:04 am »
Will Munney welcome to the forum.. we'll try to help you through this...I know first hand this can be VERY..  :roll: frustrating.. so..

It sounds to my like a typical router or firewall issue.. but cant be sure.

I do have a few ideas.
1) Make sure your firewall (including XP or router firewall) is allowing Winmx on the ports you specified to the router and on Winmx.  
Firewall config for Winmx in case you want to check you have that set right.

2) Always double check your set up with fresh eyes, no numbers transposed etc... if all is ok I would change port numbers in the router, firewall if needed, and Winmx to TCP 455 and UDP to 1032.. then restart everything.

3) If your on a Primary connection give secondary a try to see if this changes your results.

Two more things to keep in mind, and you may have read about are the ISP's using blocking of usual P2P ports... the change should bypass this if its whats got ya.  They are also using filtering software for known P2P systems and we don't have a cure for that as yet.

The other thing to be aware of on WinMX is the flooding that is been going on from the RIAA and subcidiaries...as we are working on things on the site that section is yet to be updated but for more information you can go to Fakes Information

Hope something here helps and if not holla at us with a reply we'll see what else we can come up with ...

........  :wink:

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2005, 03:45:09 am »
Me Here,

Much appreciated for your efforts.

Seems to be working all good now. Will keep an eye on it though as i am worried with the beta 4 test. Just strange that 3.53 wont run but 3.54 will.

<shrugs>

Thanks again

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2005, 04:00:46 am »
Thats Great .. I am glad we could help you, sometimes a winmx version can become corrupt and a fresh download will do the trick.  That might explain why the 3.53 wasnt workin.

<shrugs too>

Anyway dont be a stranger, common back round see the rest of the place sometime ..

:wink:

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2005, 05:36:04 am »
hmmmmm.

We'll i have spoken to early.

Seems to work when it likes too. Downloaded a song and now have trouble making a network connection.

can be really annoying

KM

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2005, 11:12:33 am »
interesting, have you tried rebooting?

also try re-downloading the winmx beta and overwrite it again (yes, with the same file) just to make sure its not being broken by a virus or something (and if doing that helps... do a virus scan with as many virus scanners as you can find!)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Can not download or upload

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx