gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 09:45:05 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Chat Issues  |  Host and Admin with different versions of WinMX - 3.54 and 3.53
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Host and Admin with different versions of WinMX - 3.54 and 3.53  (Read 4708 times)

Offline CSJ

• Forum Member
   The user with the 3.54 version set me up as an admin in a chat room that was created.  This user with the 3.54 version is using the latest version of windows.  The 3.54 user set all the commands and saved the commands that I assume is in a txt file in the user's WinMX program folder.  Can the user with the lower version, 3.53, get a copy of the 3.54 version of the txt file and use it in the 3.53 program folder to access the chat room that was created and saved in the 3.54 version.  Keep in mind that there are graphics associated with this version to create such things as wings on the host and admin.  Lastly the user with the lower version is using W98SE.

Is this possible or forget it?

Your responce would be appreciated.

Thank you,
CSJ

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
Re: Host and Admin with different versions of WinMX - 3.54 and 3.53
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 07:23:34 am »
Not sure if what your wanting to do will work or not,but why not make a copy of your WinMX Folder from program files and save it to somewhere for a backup.Add the room cfg files to your winmx and give it a try and see if it works.If you have errors upon starting winmx or the chat room just close winmx and restore the original files back that you saved.

If you do decide to give it a try,post back with how you made out. :mrgreen:

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 11:45:41 am »
Forgive me This mornin, Im easily confused atm (only partial cupa here so far) but If I read this right Host uses 3.54 and hosts with 3.54 admin will have co hosting responsiblities and uses 3.53.

3.54 and 3.53 chat hosting and commands are completley interchangeable.  As Reef says just get a copy of the cfg file in the hosts winmx folder and place it in yours with the same name i beleive when you save winmx you name each config file and there fore you should get thiers with the same name.

BTW: the operating system will have nothing to do with the actual room hosting in fact the win98 runs better with WinMX  then Vista does sometimes .. lol

Offline CSJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 12:17:19 pm »
I surely appreciate you guys for your quick responce.  I just tried to set up a channel on my own to see if a config txt file would be created in my 3.53 WinMX program folder with the number I assigned to it and sure enough it was created.  Was able to close the channel and reenter using the /loadcfg command.  Problem is I cannot see the channel in the list.  Refreshed some number of times.  One thing leads to another.  Maybe this is the problem some have with a loopback, I think that is the term, I'm not quite sure.  Maybe it's this westell 6100 modem/router.  I can't even do a whois on myself.  Maybe related, not sure.

Appreciate your help so far.

Thank you,
CSJ

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 12:27:11 pm »
Hi CJ, it will be related yes, have no fear this will list for you if you 1) use another client like a chat client to load the list and enter with say a bot?? or something similar.  2) lists for everyone else usually just fine, even if your ports were a mess and no one could enter they would see it.

Next thing to test before you go 'live' is that ppl can infact get in, you'll need to tell them the room name to look for as when you do /channelname in your own room you often get that 'loopback' address for yourself.  Others will see the real name have them filter the name and enter the one you're hosting to test its all working fine.

Offline Camlan04

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2021, 05:50:21 pm »
Hey, I'm interested in knowing what this person is talking about? What do they mean a command txt in the the program files. thanks Cam.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2021, 09:32:23 pm »
heh... this is when you host a channel using winmx itself..

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Chat Issues  |  Host and Admin with different versions of WinMX - 3.54 and 3.53

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.025 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx