gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 08:33:40 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  PC Aid Station  |  Information Exchange  |  Simple ways to keep startup clean
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Simple ways to keep startup clean  (Read 2272 times)

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• my name is nooks, and I approve this message
  • MX Hosts
  • Dream BIG, Live BIGGER!!
Simple ways to keep startup clean
« on: May 17, 2008, 01:57:16 am »
Your computer can get bogged badly at startup and effect the way it operates the entire time it runs after a bootup. There are several ways I've heard of, seen, and done to do this. As of now I only use 2 programs to do it and they work very well. Almost nothing runs on my startup that I don't allow. One program I use is Spybot S&D 1.5 and Tea Timer which is bundled with Spybot. Tea Timer guards almost all startup entries from registry entries, to Startup folder entries, and to scripted program entries like installing a new program might do. Tea Timer can be set to ask if this new entry is allowed. Even if it was allowed before Tea Timer was installed on your system you can go into settings and remove an entry from startup. As I've seen where MSN and Yahoo can rewrite themselves to startup Tea Timer is perfect at keeping it from doing so. You can remove both those entries with msconfig in Windows but once you open either program again they are rewritten and reallowed to starup without something stopping them.

There are a few programs that add entries that I've noticed that can be added that Tea Timer can't see. For these I use Windows Startup Control Panel. Perfect for a lot of AOL entries that I've noticed that Tea Timer can't see. Windows Startup CPL  can keep all of AOL's entries from startup and most of Window's default startup entries that come with certain hotfixes from Windows Updates. Both programs are pretty easy to use and very effective. And just so you know I can reboot, log online (using dialup), and be back in the room on WinMX in just under or around 4 minutes, and I consider my shutdown fairly slow, lol. If anyone knows any other good and effective ways of controlling startup feel free to post them here. That's what it's here for.
When you wake up each morning always try to remember tomorrow is never your option, it's God's. Love like you want to. Live like you aren't afraid. And ALWAYS try to remember that even if it seems personal it's never as important as something you may have forgotten to do today.

WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE - For WinMX help or help on other pc related matters.
WinMXWorld.com Cafe_AE182F4ECAFE - For great chat.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  PC Aid Station  |  Information Exchange  |  Simple ways to keep startup clean

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.018 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx