gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 07, 2024, 02:18:45 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Third version dll patch report
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Third version dll patch report  (Read 3834 times)

wavoka

Third version dll patch report
« on: October 10, 2005, 08:35:44 pm »
It's a bit better, but the same things are happening. The crashes seem to come when I try to use various WinMx features, like search. I've been able to stay connected for an hour twice. Three times I connected and crashed before I could load incompletes.

I wish I was a programmer, but I'm not.

Any chancve the RIAA, etc. are writing code that causes crashes?

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2005, 10:07:52 pm »
The RIAA although, I like to blame  them for everything, is probably not responsible for this no.

We are looking into the information your posting regarding the features being used and I would also ask that for now you remove your incompletes from the screen and see if this makes any differences in performance..

Let me know what you find out.. ty

wavoka

Trying not loading incompletes.
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2005, 10:36:17 pm »
Yeah, I suspect I may have one or more bad incompletes. I've had them mess with WinMx before. Better than downloading what's supposed to be a harmless "G" film and have it turn out to be snow midget and the seven giants doing a kinky interpetation of the Kama Sutra.

There are folk who just plain think it's fun to mess with the network.

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2005, 11:07:33 pm »
:(

KM

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2005, 11:24:52 pm »
did removing incompletes fix it then...?

Gowrie

Cross-posting
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2005, 11:31:38 pm »
Have posted under subject: Latest dll patch not working for me either? in other section

wavoka

New dll patch not working
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2005, 12:00:07 am »
did removing incompletes fix it then...?
========================
No. I got a series of crashes before the program even opened completely.  Got kicked back to intital setup once. Reset all of  Winm like i've always had it. A couple of times it wanted to connect secondary.

After setup - no incompletes - it still crashed. This after staying online for a couple of hours before.

A couple of times the light flashed yellow about three times  then it crashed. I'm not too concerned as it seems a lot of people are having the same problem, so it's not my system.

I'm usually a 24/7 primary. I'de like to get back to being one.

wavoka

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2005, 01:30:19 am »
There doesn't seem to be any ryhme or reason to it. It'll crash, then coonect as a secondary, then crash, then connect as a primary and crash, then crash while the lite is blinking yellow. Then it'll connect and stay connected for an hour or more. With incompletes or without incompletes doesn't seem to matter either.

So I don't think it's my system. It's something screwy with the patch or something out on the network. I've been at this computer game since CPM. I remember how frustrating it was to type in those programs from the early computer magazines and not have the program work because I missed a period or a zero.

I know that brighter minds than mine are working on it. The best I can do is let you know what's going on on my end.

I appreciate y'all.

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2005, 01:33:16 am »
OK for now heres the routine

One is to install the 3.54 beta 4 and run the Dll patch... you can find the WinMX beta 4 here:

httpss://archive.winmxworld.com/WinMX/Beta/winmx354beta4.zip

Then restart WinMX and see if this helps..

If you continue to have a crashing problem please use this updated Hosts file from here:

https://www.winmxworld.com/files/winmxworld_hosts.zip

If you decide to use this hosts file you will need to make a folder to store your DLL file in, this can be inside the WinMX folder if you like.  Then install the go to
C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc there you will need to rename your original hosts file to 'Original hosts'  then unzip this file to that folder.

Do a dns flush by going to
Start > Run type  'cmd'
Then in the dos box type  'ipconfig /flushdns'   then restart your WinMX

Keep in mind that hosts files are slower to connect then the .dll so have patients..

brisvegas boy

crashes
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2005, 04:14:27 am »
I have xp home sp2 winmx3.53 after a 2 days of crashes. Winmx just freezes with error details winmx has encounted a problem/ winmx application has encounted a problem and needs to close/eror caused by frontcode technoliges.I had to use windows task manager to close minmx. I was using the origanal dll patch at the time from winmx world.Removed it and placed new dll patch same problem.Went to Vlad44.com and got the Pie Patch v2.6,removed dll patch and WinMx is working great  for 7hrs on Tues 10.10.05.thank-you everybody for your assistance.

wavoka

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2005, 04:33:54 am »
I'll try the version 3.54 bit tomorrow. It's my bedtime now. I'll let you know how it comes out.

oodi

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2005, 05:02:18 am »
I'm having the same problem with 3.54  :(

Third pacth repoprt cont.

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2005, 01:31:14 pm »
OK for now heres the routine

One is to install the 3.54 beta 4 and run the Dll patch... you can find the WinMX beta 4 here:

httpss://archive.winmxworld.com/WinMX/Beta/winmx354beta4.zip

-----------------------
Downloaded vers. 3.54. Tried tro open zip file but it was corrupted. Will try later.

Still using 3.53 and new dll patch. It is staying connected longer. WHEN it connects.

You'd think it'd do trhe same thing every time it crashes, but it doesn't.

oodi

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2005, 04:15:41 pm »
For me, everything was fine with the original patch.  I went out of town on Thursday (Oct 6), and turned the puter off before I left.  When I came home on Saturday (Oct 8), I was having the problem.  I've tried the new patches, but to no avail.   :(

Offline BigChickenChit

• Forum Member
    • http://www.techprocomp.com
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2005, 07:50:22 pm »
I posted this in another thread, but I wanted to put it here as  well:

Ok...I have winmx running 5 hours now with no problem!  
No Crashes!  
I have the 3.54 beta running with the newest hosts file, and the .dll file in a folder in the mx folder, I have sherwood 1.1.1 running and mx monitor 1.28b. I havn't had any problems...yet
With the dll patches and the 1st host file patch, I was lucky to get a few mins before a crash.
I didn't delete any incomplete files, and i can use all the features like search, chat, etc.
All seems well  so far! :)

Chick

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Third version dll patch report

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.008 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx