gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 06:03:07 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Call to prosecute BT for ad trial
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Call to prosecute BT for ad trial  (Read 458 times)

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
Call to prosecute BT for ad trial
« on: June 06, 2008, 04:14:23 pm »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7438578.stm
BT should face prosecution for its "illegal" trials of a controversial ad-serving technology, a leading computer security researcher has said.

I agree that if my isp started selling mysoul to the advertising devil i would be mighty piffed. At the end of the day these folks are storing your surfing habbits. What they are doing in my eyes, and many others is completely illegal. Id also want to know if i was a BT customer if i was apart of the testing stage, because they surley must of rooted through hours of sufing habbits to get this right. ISP's really need to realise that they are giving a rod for their own back using software like this. If they can inspect every packet for to give you advertising the media folks are going to want to know why they cant check for certain files being shared. Plunging them into the legal battle of file sharing and supporting file sharing. Why cant the directors of such companies like BT realise with this running they have kissed goodbye to saying they dont know what its users are doing on its networks. I actaully wonder how long it will be before thier is a R.I.A.A versus ISP copywite breach claim, i imagine it wont be very long
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Call to prosecute BT for ad trial

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.017 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx