gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 08:45:51 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Clients  |  The new patch does not work on Robomx
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: The new patch does not work on Robomx  (Read 10264 times)

Offline MinersLantern

• Forum Member
The new patch does not work on Robomx
« on: September 25, 2008, 04:23:25 am »
I have an issue (again).
I went off and downloaded from the new patch area on conex the 3rd party patch. That does not work on RoboMX.
Got rid of it again and simply typed in the conex sites to Robos network connect list, that didnt work either.
This was using the ws2_32.dll as provided on the new patch link on page one of winmxworld.
Seems to go green on RoboMX, i'm still having to use the local cacheserver here. Otherwise it blinks yellow eternally.
Has (or is) the 3rd party patch been updated?

Offline tig

• Forum Member
  • WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE
Re: The new patch does not work on Robomx
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 04:42:06 am »
Hi Minerslatern

We are currently working on the new one. As soon as it is released we will let everyone know.
People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. BY Norman Vincent Peale

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 08:22:03 am »
The reason why the ws32.dll doesnt work when you put it in the new robomx is that that robomx has no way of connecting via default settings. Let me explain how the ws32.dll works

The old programs used to connect using these addresses.
127.177.32.66   winmx.com   67.18.233.36    205.238.40.1    205.238.40.2    82.43.224.20    209.67.209.50   212.227.64.159  82.195.155.5    24.252.111.174  216.127.74.62   66.132.147.54   66.132.146.48   66.98.186.39    64.246.15.43.

All of these where programmed into the older programs, but when winmx closed they all stopped working. So to make them work the ws32.dll looks for them addresses, and thats all the address's it looks for, if it detects one of them addresses it rdirects it to the new cache addresses.

Now the new Robomx has non of them entrys in. If the caches file is empty it doesnt make a outgoing connection. Try adding them ips to your robomx and place the ws32.dll in the folder. I bet it connects fine. But then for that version of Robomx, adding the ws32.dll is really pointless. as you can load

cache9.winmxworld.net   cache9.winmxconex.net   cache9.winmxcache.net   cache8.winmxworld.net   cache8.winmxconex.com   cache8.winmxcache.com   cache7.winmxworld.net   cache7.winmxconex.net   cache7.winmxcache.net   cache6.winmxworld.net   cache6.winmxconex.com   cache6.winmxcache.com   cache5.winmxworld.net   cache5.winmxconex.net   cache5.winmxcache.net   cache4.winmxworld.net   cache4.winmxconex.com   cache4.winmxcache.com   cache3.winmxworld.net   cache3.winmxconex.net   cache3.winmxcache.net   cache2.winmxworld.net   cache2.winmxconex.com   cache2.winmxcache.com   cache1.winmxworld.net   cache1.winmxconex.com   cache1.winmxcache.net   cache0.winmxworld.net   cache0.winmxconex.com   cache0.winmxcache.com

Manually as thats all the ws32.dll redirects too.

Hope that helps :-D
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 12:14:30 pm »
RoboMx version 2.06 and up allow you to enter the caches. The Metis versions based on these RoboMx versions are exactly the same.
To Keep you from painstacking entering these caches one by one, open your robomx.ini and find the [PeerCache] section. replace this section with the list below.
Code: [Select]
[PeerCache]
Count=40
Server_000=cache0.winmxworld.net
Server_001=cache1.winmxworld.net
Server_002=cache2.winmxworld.net
Server_003=cache3.winmxworld.net
Server_004=cache4.winmxworld.net
Server_005=cache5.winmxworld.net
Server_006=cache6.winmxworld.net
Server_007=cache7.winmxworld.net
Server_008=cache8.winmxworld.net
Server_009=cache9.winmxworld.net
Server_010=cache0.winmxcache.com
Server_011=cache2.winmxcache.com
Server_012=cache4.winmxcache.com
Server_013=cache6.winmxcache.com
Server_014=cache8.winmxcache.com
Server_015=cache0.winmxconex.com
Server_016=cache2.winmxconex.com
Server_017=cache4.winmxconex.com
Server_018=cache6.winmxconex.com
Server_019=cache8.winmxconex.com
Server_020=cache1.winmxcache.net
Server_021=cache3.winmxcache.net
Server_022=cache4.winmxcache.net
Server_023=cache7.winmxcache.net
Server_024=cache9.winmxcache.net
Server_025=cache1.winmxconex.net
Server_026=cache3.winmxconex.net
Server_027=cache5.winmxconex.net
Server_028=cache7.winmxconex.net
Server_029=cache9.winmxconex.net
Server_030=cache0.mxpie.co.uk
Server_031=cache1.mxpie.co.uk
Server_032=cache2.mxpie.co.uk
Server_033=cache3.mxpie.co.uk
Server_034=cache4.mxpie.co.uk
Server_035=cache5.mxpie.co.uk
Server_036=cache6.mxpie.co.uk
Server_037=cache7.mxpie.co.uk
Server_038=cache8.mxpie.co.uk
Server_039=cache9.mxpie.co.uk
Cose and safe robomx.ini and restart RoboMx.

Since RoboMx in these versions is doing it's calls directly to the caches in the list, no patch is needed to be placed in the RoboMx folder like the older versions of RoboMx or Metis needed.
The list of current caches can be found in oledlg.ini.

hope this helps

Offline birdman

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2008, 01:22:53 pm »
Personaly i would not use this list posted by wonderer unless a site admin says its ok

Offline birdman

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008, 01:27:13 pm »
When i enquired about what caches to use for mettis etc i was advised to use caches.winmxworld.net   i hope someone can clarify what addresses  should be used

Offline tig

• Forum Member
  • WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2008, 02:16:15 pm »
These caches are all ok.

Wonder has put up the new patch DNS system.
People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. BY Norman Vincent Peale

Offline birdman

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2008, 02:23:25 pm »
So is it ok to use the list wonderer has complied of use the list from Deux    to add to mettis  etc to conect to thed wpn ?

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2008, 02:27:50 pm »
yes lol
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

Offline birdman

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2008, 02:28:57 pm »
phew !!!   lol

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2008, 05:43:57 pm »
Just to clarify this:

caches.winmxworld.com is a so-called round robin dns pointing to all the caches in the list wonderer postet.
This means with each query you will randomly be directed to any one of these caches, so that's the only entry you need really :)
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

Offline p2p rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2008, 05:52:13 pm »
Really? I added all 60 of them to my roboMX.ini.
That certainly makes life easier by adding just caches.winmxworld.com instead of adding all 60 of them.

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2008, 06:26:56 pm »
I'm not sure it's actually forwarded to all the names, but there are loads of double entries in the list, i.e. cache0.winmxworld.net might be pointed to the same IP as cache3.winmxconex.net or something (I've never checked, lol).
For connecting purposes it won't make a difference though what name the peer cache answers to ;)

caches.winmxworld.net has always been pointed at all our cache servers and the mxpie ones have been added as well now.
Of course we always make sure that each of the caches in wonderer's list will always be pointing to a working server, but to which one might change anytime, whenever we change/add/remove cache servers.

caches.winmxworld.net is the easiest to put in though and all you really need
  - and it makes sure the load gets distributed equally between all peer caches, whereas robo starts from the top of the list afaik...

LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

Offline MinersLantern

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2008, 10:08:26 pm »
That worked rather well.  :D
the single address.
ty

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2008, 10:36:51 pm »
be aware that RoboMx needs at least 5 caches, they may be the same, in the list or it will crash on you sooner or later.

Also it is unwise to rely only on caches.winmxworld.com. If it goes unhoped down, you will loose connection to the peer.

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2008, 12:35:04 am »
actually caches.winmxworld.net is not a site like you expect web sites to be.  Its simply dns settigns (host records for the domain winmxworld.net) which can NOT go down.  Even if this site goes offline forever those will still work lol 
For caches.winmxworld.net to stop working would take all cache operators (8 as of today in diferent places and countries) to go down.

Its definatly as nylly explained your best bet. 

As far as robomx crashing, I think if you have problems with it crashing (I happen to be one of those ppl) it makes no difference whether I use 50 cache addresses or 1 for that for me.

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2008, 01:54:25 am »
If RoboMx has less than 5 caches on the list it will crash if it is running out of available(running) caches, that is a known fact.
However, if you say the DNS will never go down that will not occur unless all servers named in the DNS are down which is I hope very unlikely

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Clients  |  The new patch does not work on Robomx

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx