gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 05:23:51 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Patch Page Competition
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Patch Page Competition  (Read 4719 times)

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
Patch Page Competition
« on: July 02, 2008, 09:05:23 am »
As you can see we currently have a new set of patch installer's in testing, well i thought it would be fun to revamp the patch page too to reflect these new change's. I was going to do it myself but i thought why not include yourselves. So here i lay you a challenge.

To design a new patch page to be hosted at our patch.winmxconex.com site

I will have a go at one too and i encourage anyone and everyone to get involved, It really must be broken down into these simple parts,

windows 95-xp installers,

vista only installers,

and patch only

A place to show language flags, dont worry about converting the pages to other languages that can be done if your chosen as a winner.
So yes, html, php coders or what ever(best ask if you want to use something mental) this might be a chance for you to have your work in the
limelight where millions of people will see your work, Or novices this might be your chance to show up the so called skilled  :lol:

I look forward to you all getting involved in this project in some way or another.
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
Re: Patch Page Compertion
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 09:28:07 am »
so what do those of us who code to W3 standards do? (in other words those of us who write code that works in every browser but internet explorer) .... cos i really dont feel like hacking around IE to make a nice page layout...

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
Re: Patch Page Competition
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 10:09:58 am »
Theirs always one lol. Silver do as you wish my friend, its a open ticket.

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 07:07:55 pm »
Do keep in mind however unfortunate it is that it needs to be useable by 'most', the majority of users are still on IE... I know I know, I'm an avid firefox user myself and hate IE but it will need to be useable to the major browsers which I consider to be Firefox and IE.

Don't blame me I didnt make IE lol

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 09:35:43 pm »
lol, yes thats true, its doesn't need to be too resource intensive either, a Huge flashy site that is going to use more BW than the patch's wont do either lol. Anyway forget that really, i gave you free Regine to design something and you have it

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2008, 09:50:57 am »
im posting a screenshot of an unfinished (the 'code' is very nasty but for some odd reason validates... lol..) version....

unfortunatly it requires proper rendering of alpha png which internet explorer version 6 and earlier cannot do... i dont know if it will work right in internet explorer 7, but it will work properly in opera (as you can see), firefox, and safari... and quite a few other browsers as well...

when i give it a scrubdown ill post it as a viewable page somewhere... (i need to fix those text colors... suggestions?)...

...as it stands it occupies a little under 40kilobytes of space... this is cos of the use of the png format for the background... the finished version will be much smaller...

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2008, 11:04:45 am »
wow excelent quick work silver. I best get my bum moving on this one :)

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2008, 09:29:42 pm »
Lets also not forget the catagory of Third Party Patch and DLL stand alone for like no installer.

Offline Mr.Snicky

• Forum Member
  • Yep?
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2008, 12:05:19 am »
I have did a downloads page for the patches.

It includes

+ Configurable Patch Links
+ A download script attached. If ever needed, you can use it to handle the download, and if it logs or not. That part will have to be wherever the downloads are to work correctly. Although, you can just put in the website to grab the URL for the file downloads.
+ And includes a multiple page load. Which means it's all one page with many different information in it.

Here is some screen shots.

If the images don't show, here

http://img234.imageshack.us/my.php?image=winmx1kp7.png

http://img372.imageshack.us/my.php?image=winmx2xx5.png

http://img55.imageshack.us/my.php?image=winmx3og3.png

Offline Valor

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2008, 03:01:48 am »

Offline Mr.Snicky

• Forum Member
  • Yep?
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2008, 05:33:25 am »
Update:

http://www.isnic.co.cc/mx/

Colours, translation.

And Valor: Please remove my exact text off your page.

Offline Valor

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2008, 10:46:59 am »
very sorry Mr.Snick
Is it the phrase"WinMX Patch Installs" you claim as your own or my use of the word "installer"

Offline Mr.Snicky

• Forum Member
  • Yep?
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2008, 11:02:04 am »
You clearly copied every piece of text on the page (including links) from my page. I don't care if it were to be reworded or so. But most of the page was completely word for word from my page. I don't tolerate plagiarism.

I'm not in this to cause trouble, but when someone steps on my toes like that, I'd rather speak up then be ripped off.

So that's the end of that. I'm not continuing on this subject.

Back to the websites.

Offline ]-[êll.Ôñ.ËÀR'][']-[.

• WMW Volunteer
  • Its hard being me...but i do it just great.
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2008, 03:36:26 pm »
I don't think anyone meant to rip anyone off and it was used as an example of the kind of thing intended not the finished product...... so cum on guys this topic is to get as many people involved as possible and a bit of fun so lets keep it the way it was intended please  :)

Offline Mr.Snicky

• Forum Member
  • Yep?
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2008, 06:44:17 pm »
a new feature.

+ When a user of linux comes on the to the website, they will receive a top lining right below the Roomname to say 'read this' for detailed install on Linux Install of WinMX. http://www.isnic.co.cc/mx/?version=linux to view if you want.
    Also, when a Mac user comes to the website it will show the same position, except give a forum link to the 'WinMX without Windows' category on this forum.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2008, 10:12:56 pm »
finished layout... now i just need content... 

im posting the files themselves so folks can download and view cos i dont have a fast enough connection....  (just unzip everything to the same directory and doubleclick index.html) ....anybody out there have some webspace i can borrow?

PS due to IE6s lack of png support it looks like a pastel paint set exploaded on the screen but the page is still usable... feedback from IE7 users will be appreciated.... (i cant install IE7)

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2008, 10:18:42 pm »
yup i like that silver. works fine on firefox anyhow. well done :)

Offline ]-[êll.Ôñ.ËÀR'][']-[.

• WMW Volunteer
  • Its hard being me...but i do it just great.
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2008, 12:08:29 am »
Looks good on IE7 silver good work

Offline sIrMoOn

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2008, 10:46:13 am »
one piece of advice for everyone - do your best to accommodate varying screen sizes.  for example, silver's design is very cool, but having most of the page on the far left and then the title on the far right isn't the greatest.  one thing you could try to make that a bit better is putting everything inside a div with a max-width and then centering the div.

as for IE6, i don't speak for any of the rest of the staff whatsoever when i say - i couldn't care less = )

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2008, 07:06:30 pm »
snick,

the hosts file entry you're suggesting on that page is wrong, it still points to a temporary server we've been using.
That IP is not to be used in any relation to winmx anymore so please remove any and every reference to it - thank you.
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Patch Page Competition

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx