gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever May 08, 2024, 11:54:46 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  PC Aid Station  |  Information Exchange  |  Vista and gaming compatibility issues
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Vista and gaming compatibility issues  (Read 2256 times)

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• my name is nooks, and I approve this message
  • MX Hosts
  • Dream BIG, Live BIGGER!!
Vista and gaming compatibility issues
« on: May 22, 2008, 09:46:53 pm »
As I'm sure some of you have seen there are probably a lot of your older XP games you'd like to play on Vista but Vista says there could be issues with installing them. So here's a little something you might want to try to see if those games will work anyway (Vista be damned). First place the cd in the cdrom. Next, open My Computer icon then right click your cdrom drive in My Computer that your game cd is in and click open. Look for the main setup exe and most but not all are called setup.exe or install.exe. Right click that exe and click properties. Click the compatibility tab. Then place a check in the little box where it says *Run this program in compatibility mode for:*. Then in the dropdown bar it offers choose Windows XP compatibility (I believe that's what it says anyway) and then click apply. Then run the installer and install the game. Bypass the compatibility check if you wish because really you aren't looking for Vista compatibility any longer.

When you are installing the game be sure and choose a destination where you wish to install it to. Vista uses some funky bastardised shortcut (as Merlin calls them) even during game installs which can cause the desktop shortcut to not know how to find the game (this has happened to me which is how I know). Once the game is installed, before you even try to play it go to the folder where you told Vista to install the game and right click the main exe for the game and change the compatibility in it exactly like you did the installer on the cdrom. Once you've done this you should be able to play this game. Now I can't say this works on all of them, just that it has worked on all of them that I have tried myself. Good luck and I hope this is helpfull.
When you wake up each morning always try to remember tomorrow is never your option, it's God's. Love like you want to. Live like you aren't afraid. And ALWAYS try to remember that even if it seems personal it's never as important as something you may have forgotten to do today.

WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE - For WinMX help or help on other pc related matters.
WinMXWorld.com Cafe_AE182F4ECAFE - For great chat.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  PC Aid Station  |  Information Exchange  |  Vista and gaming compatibility issues

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.018 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx