gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 11:20:27 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Chat Issues  |  Fake users
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Fake users  (Read 6058 times)

Offline birdman

• Forum Member
Fake users
« on: July 06, 2008, 01:04:41 pm »
Iam curious why do so many rooms nowadays see the need to fill their rooms with chat clients and bots  majority of which are run off the same persons pc ?   many rooms claim to have loads of users in their room but on a browse  of them most have no files and sometimes no whois. Is is an ego thing maybe look my rooms got more users than yours !    anyway i do hear many newbies around the room go into rooms thinking they must be popular to have so many users but soon find nobody speaks and most have no files to download so of little use to anybody. Another thing is rooms who show a user count  yet when you go into the room theres hardly anyone in is this the new winmx !

Offline $i£ve®$haÐów

• Forum Member
  • keep winmx alive :-)
Re: Fake users
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 11:07:38 pm »
Yes and another good point would be using proxy ip to enter rooms!

Offline birdman

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 04:56:17 pm »
I dont  use fake users in my room or  have chat clients entered several times by the same person to boost my room numbers. In mine iam proud to say they are all real users sharing real files, exactly what winmx was made for !! god knows what a person new to winmx who enters a room of 60 or more users and no one speaks and they have no files to share its certainly does not seem like a good advert for users to use the chat rooms.

Offline $i£ve®$haÐów

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2008, 05:43:57 pm »
Then you should have no problems if you dont use such things. I dont use chat clients either.
The way other people run their rooms is there own business not your's or mine. 1 simple thing i have learned if i dont like going to such rooms it's easy. Just stay out of them! 

Offline $i£ve®$haÐów

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2008, 05:52:45 pm »
To go back to the point of using proxy to enter rooms. Most of the proxy users that have been trying to enter my room definately have been using a chatclient and the use of the OnEnter message fuction. So there does seem to be a place on winmx for chat clients!

Offline birdman

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2008, 05:59:37 pm »
Not said anything agaisnt the use of chat clients i said only about using them several times from the same person to fill a room up what use is that to anyone winmx is a file sharing programe so why do people fill their rooms with fake non file sharing clients i just want to under stand the mentality of the people who do it

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2008, 06:53:24 pm »
so that people think their room is popular and gets more people in...
Guess that's wwhy we have such apps in the first place...

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Offline birdman

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2008, 07:02:48 pm »
So to attract more real people to your room we need to use fake users to make it look  popular, does it work ?

Offline ]-[êll.Ôñ.ËÀR'][']-[.

• WMW Volunteer
  • Its hard being me...but i do it just great.
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2008, 07:48:07 pm »
A lot of people when entering a room and seeing just a couple of people would immediately leave in a red hot second  ( have done myself )
By having a few  room fillers there is a chance they would stop long enough for the few genuine people there to perhaps strike up a conversation & encourage them to stay/come back again,   
 whilst i don't agree with filling a room totally with room fillers i can see where it may give a new host a leg up or even existing ones half a chance to build upon....... as said before its the users choice to stay or go...... whilst a room totally filled with room fillers/bots is a waste of time a little leg up can also be usefull.

Offline $i£ve®$haÐów

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2008, 10:09:49 pm »
Totally agree with everything you have posted Hell :yes:

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2008, 09:34:30 am »
Throwing in  handful of clients/bots/fillers doesn't hurt.Filling the room with 10 or more is just lame in my opinion.Whats even worse is room hosts (and members) that PM their entire queue to come to their room for a start on a file .I find this practice to be lame and pathetic to hold files ransom on a file sharing program. All this for the glory of having more users than the next host. File sharing is exactly what it says... file sharing, without conditions.... ya give and take equally. It's no wonder WinMX doesn't grow. Any new users that receive these PM's probably get fed up and leave within a few days because it really is that annoying.

But hey it all comes down to freedom of choice and each and every host has their own ideas on how to run their room(s).  :suspious:

Offline $i£ve®$haÐów

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2008, 01:52:59 pm »
Good points reef never looked at it in that way before.

Offline birdman

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2008, 02:13:33 pm »
I see nothing wrong with sending people in your queues an invitation to your room and in return helping them  complete a file, its still sharing. Also people learn allot from rooms and many say how glad they were to have recieved an invite and ended up learning so much about how to use winmx etc. End of the day nobody has to follow the invite and yeh i see the benefit in a new host/room using fake users to make their room look popular but there are rooms with 60 to 100 users and 90 % are fake  thats just someone on a ego trip i think.

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2008, 05:35:39 pm »
I see nothing wrong with sending people in your queues an invitation to your room and in return helping them complete a file

This practice really pisses me off at times when i get a msg to come to there room or they will cut me off  just to find the same people in my queue or even d/loading from me ..... as reef said its a file sharing network & if you have files shared you shouldn't be forced into going to a room.... a courteous msg saying there are more great files available in a certain room fair enough ..... forcing ppl who have files shared freely to all is bang out of order. afterall i bet not all the hosts and users of said rooms parked elsewhere just to boost there own file counts.

Offline birdman

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2008, 06:22:02 pm »
Its been going on since i joined mx hell and thats a few years now although ive never personaly came accross a message ordering people to come to a room or their download will be cut off but yeh i agree thats bad practice but then this also brings us to those who use the 0 of 0 availible hack again bad practice.
I personaly do not get files from winmx i provide them to winmx  i take the time to get files from elsewhere un wrap them and add them to my winmx shares now iam lucky that 90 % of the time iam seeding to members and friends in my room but if some one sends me a message for a start hell yeh i will start em if they pop along to my room if they dont wanna iam sure they can get the file elsewhere i would rather share files to people in my room who have good files than to those with 0 files or filthy files so asking people to my room is a a practice i will continue it kinda filters out the kinda people id rather not deal with

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2008, 09:28:41 pm »
hell yeh i will start em if they pop along to my room if they dont wanna iam sure they can get the file elsewhere

Yeah, like moving to torrents,slimewire and where ever else where they aren't harassed into joining/parking in a room to simply download a file.

Many users don't even use the chat and could care less about joining a room. Other users that do use the chat rooms are happy with the rooms they're already in and have found on their own accord.

WinMX is the big picture... bigger than any chat room, or at least should be. Forbidding users access to files because they aren't interested in visiting/joining a chat room doesn't help WinMX grow at all. I have no doubt this method helps build a successful room but how many other users does it discourage and chase away from WinMX? Too Many!.

Offline TheMacDaddy

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2008, 11:25:18 pm »
Sorry Birdman but i totally disagree with you here
I have been on Winmx for over 7 years and a admin of a room for most of that time
I also dont use Winmx to dl any files but i do share over 700 Gig worth of files
I believe that if your in my que and u ask me for a start,then i only have one simple rule
As long as you have at least 1 file shared then you get a start THATS WHAT WINMX IS ALL ABOUT!!!!!!
And if you dont have a fileshared then i even take the time to send a pm asking them to share a file or if they need help in setting there Winmx so it does share files...
I dont care if i am the only person in my room or not (lucky for me we have a fair room with a decent amount of members)
The way i see it is if you got one file in shares your more then welcome to anything i have in my shares weather your in my room or not.
My auto responeder says that if i do not answer you or start you then you can find other Winmx users in (enter room name here) who have the same file as me and will gladly help you out.
And trust me  ALL my room members will share with anyone just like i do.

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2008, 11:41:31 pm »
Amen m8 & whilst i can see a few of birdmans points being valid i guess we will have to agree to disagree on a couple of other points along the way .
what we need to do is try create a happy medium amongst host ...... non hosts  & the good few who fall in between either category ....lol  (me being one of them ATM due to other commitments)    
To  work against getting rid of as many lecher's as possible by educating them to the ways of the winmx comunity..... don't immediately ban for no files .... a polite pm to find out why (a lot of the time these ppl are new users with no files or no idea how things work) sometimes giving a little  will reap rewards ......in the end be it more files shared on the network or more users to the rooms ...... please don't just assume 0 files means a leecher as this is the sure fire way to kill off the network.

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2008, 11:48:29 pm »
sorry posted the above at same time as The MacDaddy &  to be honest i wish i had waited until i had read his post as that is my idea of a Utopian winmx and his philosophy is totally spot on for how things should work.... & that is why i am proud to be a member of this community.

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2008, 05:49:45 am »
what birdman means is that if a person in his queue comes to his room, he'll start his file immediately else the guy will have to wait it out in his queue... he won't cancel the download.
I did find a fw nice people and ooms that way... its an invitation not compulsion.

I don't find this practice harmful... but cancelling a download if he doesn't come to the room is absolutely pathetic. no one in their right minds would condone it.
I hope I'm clear. :S

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Chat Issues  |  Fake users

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.04 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx