gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 09:16:43 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World  |  Site Feedback  |  Add new main section to website for developers.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Add new main section to website for developers.  (Read 2576 times)

Offline Programmer

• Forum Member
Add new main section to website for developers.
« on: August 07, 2008, 05:27:11 am »
I think you should add a developer section on the main menu, alongside forum, links, help etc.  It should have a protocol section, chat, secondary documentations. encryption information and so on.  I strongly believe that we are lacking new introductions of programmers and new wpn clients/new chat toys due to the lack of availability of information. It should also have a spot for code examples, open sources, guides, and sort of a separate archive for only projects.

Please consider this idea me here & quicks.

no more just linking to http://web.archive.org/web/20041027202709/www.mxtools.net/?section=techie&page=cht

:)  *with chanting*

and the "protocol documentation" part of the forum doesn't count.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: Add new main section to website for developers.
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 09:22:48 pm »
I suppose the fact that such a section already exists and has about 25+ highly interested and developer members from across all groups in the mx spectrum may come as a suprise to you Programmer.

If you take a longer look around the forum a little you may spot references to the "core developement" section, as you may have now guessed the membership is invite only for a reason and I believe you have been made aware of when it will be possible for you to be given access, other members of the community are welcome to apply to me if they want to learn more or are just interested in the theoretical and practical models behind the network, in fact I can state here I have only held up one application to join thus far and thats because I wasnt certain of a persons commitment and maturity, that is once again something that is constantly reviewed and when the time is right that person will I hope be pleasantly suprised and I hope forgiving armed with the knowledge that thus far we have had no rogue programmers in the group and there have been no cross words between any of its users, this is of course just the peaceful enviroment the programmers require, my prime responsibility is to ensure thats what they receive along with any info they require.

Offline Røçkåfë££ë® §kåñK

• WANABE WINMX CHAT SERVER HACKER
  • Forum Member
    • The Rebelion
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2008, 12:51:04 pm »

I think that must be me who was refused then!!!

but anyhow i dont mind one way or another, ive coped without and have learnt the main part from "open" documents across the net.
WMW is an "open forum for the users of winmx" however making that section closed to a select few seems to contrast to the very morals of this site.  My suggestion is that the section is open to the general public with restrictions on the ability to post.  but perhaps thats y im not a member of that section.
[ìíÍIí¯Iì·´¯ìÍ]Íì•íÌí¯`·íI¯ìIÌì í]¡í¯ìIÎ Røçkåfë££ë® §kåñK ÎIí¯ì¡[ì íÍIí¯Iì·´¯ìÍì•íÌ[Ìí¯`·íI¯ìIÌìí]

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 09:49:49 pm »
To be honest its not the ability to post in that section that concerns anyone here, that is actually counter-productive as you conclude, the real concern is are we in good conscience happy with each core member to act responsibly and use the information for the purpose it has been provided for (namely developement and fixes for the community), in all cases thus far we have been ok in this respect and to be honest I was waiting to see how you would handle the WCS work you took on before allowing you access to information that in the wrong hands could be abused, no one would after all thank me if this occured.

I would like to point out one small matter mind you in regard to asking us to open our work to others without any oversight, can I ask why it is that if you feel so strongly on this issue you did not do the same for the WCS modifications you undertook, its hardly fair to ask for our work when it seems your unwilling to share any of your own. 

The morals of this site are simple, we will endeavour to do our best always to help those seeking information especially developers and sensibly balance that against any damage that could result from any one person acting against the winmx communities interests, and I dont just mean winmxworld.

I take the job of balancing seriously and thus far have done a reasonable job I feel, with some patience I, sure you will be happy to become a trusted member of the section knowing we have full confidence in you rather than that not being the case.

Offline Røçkåfë££ë® §kåñK

• WANABE WINMX CHAT SERVER HACKER
  • Forum Member
    • The Rebelion
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 10:27:25 am »
Well u can think what u want about how i "handled WCS i took on".  I took nothing on. i simply added some faetures to a server i love using and which WMW have dismissed as work of the devil.  MH even told me in chat that there was no way she wld allow RSWCS to be added to the archives as it was km's and my work both of which are untrust worthy.  i have nothing to prove to anyone. those that want to use my modified wcs are free to but i will not release my change source or the wcs source on the basis of, if km wanted u to have it he wld have given it to u or ud have it already. i dont see eagle or emulator posting source codes of their programs, nor bide his wcs mods.

call me stupid but all (if not most of) the info in that section is widely availble if searched for as open documents all you have done is collate them into 1 place. im sorry to seem so negative but i dont care wot people think of me and my development of wcs. not long ago even you at wmw loved wcs and over some bickering with the programmer have now come to disregard it as useless when its much better than many servers still in use out there which have been undeveloped for years.
[ìíÍIí¯Iì·´¯ìÍ]Íì•íÌí¯`·íI¯ìIÌì í]¡í¯ìIÎ Røçkåfë££ë® §kåñK ÎIí¯ì¡[ì íÍIí¯Iì·´¯ìÍì•íÌ[Ìí¯`·íI¯ìIÌìí]

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2008, 12:59:04 pm »
I think you make the point clearly here for why your not currently a member of that section, drama and false claims are not welcome, if you have something to say then say your peice, speaking on behalf of others who do not agree with your version of events is wrong and misleading.

What has been said regarding WCS is simple, KM left the community and left his src for anyone to take a copy, unfortunately he did not state his licencing terms and refused to state any when asked directly, this means in effect that under the copyright law he is free to ask anyone building on his work or anyone distributing it to cease doing so as they are breaching his rights as the owner of his work, you may choose to disregard this but we cannot and for this reason both your effort and Bides effort are not shown here on this site, legal reasons then are the reason its not here not the childish reasons you have stated , I for one take offence you have not even considered who owns the work and their rights and wishes.

As to your claim all the information we have is taken from elsewhere I find that too offensive and wrong, if you feel you can find all the work outside of the developer area then please make your own section and let those who can see both decide which is the real developer area with real research and original information not available elsewhere.

Your claim that we have bickered with the programmer also falls flat when held up to the light, we asked folks to stop using WCS because it was buggy and impacting on the peer caches we where using and causing network problems as posted about at the time, if your not able to research such matters and get to the real facts I can see I have been fully justified in delaying your access to anything the rest of the community has created, credit must be where credit is due as must criticism.

Eagle and Emulator have previously released sources as you can see from their sites, Bide has done so also when he helped fix some MxControl bugs , open src is something they all take seriously as they are usually happy to credit those who have provided a building block or two for their own work and thus the ethics of open src are fullfilled, I hate to have to say this but it looks to me that you are unwilling to share anything with anyone and thus of no use to the rest of the developing community, its my hope you change your attitude and look to the future as the others do, teamwork and community spirit are what I,m not seeing here in any quantity.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World  |  Site Feedback  |  Add new main section to website for developers.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.018 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx