gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 16, 2024, 05:12:53 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Video and Audio Help  |  Audio Help  |  Converting MP3 to WMA Files
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Converting MP3 to WMA Files  (Read 6030 times)

sweetkolache

Converting MP3 to WMA Files
« on: February 11, 2007, 06:08:21 pm »
Hello again,
One last question, I hear you can convert WMA files to MP3, but can you convert MP3 to WMA.  The MP3 player that I want to get will hold more WMA files than MP3...I'd also like to know if the sound quality is any better with one or the other?

Thanks a bunch! :D

Offline J a M e S

• Forum Member
  • www.lovehosts.com
    • Great Web Hosting
Re: Converting MP3 to WMA Files
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 01:40:45 pm »
there are programs to covert to WMA, i have an mp4/mp3 player and never really bothered converting them... you probably would loose some quality as its a smaller file.. but sinse you'll only be listening to it through ear foes it wont really matter..

looking on google i found something that might help you..

try this website: http://www.mp3-converter.com/

it says it lets you convert from WMA to mp3 and MP3 to WMA ect...
Learn From Yesterday, Live For Today, Hope For Tomorow!
www.lovehosts.com

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
  • If Im Not Back later... Wait Longer
    • Maxtech
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 03:58:54 pm »
convert WAV, WMA, OGG, MP1, MP2, MP3 files easily

Xilisoft Converter looks very cool and converts more file types including audio & video but Is Not Free
Click Here

Cute MP3 Converter loads of file types lots of features and looks cool but Is Not Free
Click Here

GX Transcoder Free (i use this one)
Click Here

Wave To Mp3 free converter (very easy and Free)
Click Here

Media Monkey is very good and Free (i am testing this one, it's library is a serious alternative to Winamp)
Click Here

Try Connecting, the attacks may let you  https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
  • If Im Not Back later... Wait Longer
    • Maxtech
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 04:16:58 pm »
Big Oops, sorry i clicked post instead of review to check links, these work now and i changed one as i found a better converter

Xilisoft Converter looks very cool and converts more file types including audio & video but Is Not Free
Click Here

Free MP3 Wma Converter loads of file types including mp3, Wma, Ogg, AAC, M4a, mp4, Ape, Flac, Wav files and its Free (i will be testing this one)
Click Here

GX Transcoder Free (i use this one)
Click Here

Wave To Mp3 free converter (very easy and Free)
Click Here

Media Monkey is very good and Free (i am testing this one, a serious alternative to Winamp)
Click Here

Try Connecting, the attacks may let you  https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2007, 07:15:56 pm »
Wma files are not good to share on this network and the bit rate is not impressive either.

The simple reason why I don't bother with such file types is that when made using windows media player they are saddled with DRM and the associated tags that show what machine made them, not only compromising the originator of the file but also making it possible to track the file across the network.

I would advise you stick to MP3 and use a bitrate of 160k-190k for better than itunes quality if you value your privacy.

KM

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2007, 11:11:39 pm »
wma files won't share on winmx

you can manually add them to your library and have them shared, but then nobody will download them as they are searching for mp3 files not wma files

similar to ogg, winmx will share those just fine (don't even need to add the file type in fact), but the default search in winmx is mp3 only (although it does have the ogg option, unlike wma)

cabeborn

process browser 1979
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2010, 01:08:43 am »
videos countries effect

Offline Forested665

• Forum Member
  • Linux:2003 FreeBSD:2004 Debian/BSD developer:2006
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2010, 12:05:19 am »
I know this isnt a recommended audio type but i did some digging anyway.
At first i was always told the samples were bigger which may still be true i had a hard time decifiering the explinations but what i did gather was that the bitrates are measured different. each sample is called a superframe in WMA each superframe is 128, 256, 512, 1024, or 2048 samples long after being processed through some algorithm. Then to reduce size even more it looks for samples that are present at the same time in both channels and removes the duplicate. The common channel is the main stream and is played through both ears while samples that belong to one channel or the other are side coded.

But in all honesty all WMA's ive gotten off winmx are horrid quality. the ones i rip myself were ok but ogg was better until the variable bitrate and lossless WMA came out.

As far as conversions go your taking a file thats already been sampled and resampling it so it goes through another stage of quality loss. to retain the same quality you would have to use another MPEG codec with the same sample rate or go to lossless. Lossless would increase your file size and i dont see much benefit in changing mpeg layers unless you can get the pop suppression stuff for vinyl recordings that have been ripped.
BSD -  The Daemons Are No Longer Just Inside My Head.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2010, 04:26:59 am »
i used to pull this trick with an old mp3 player that had (actually has cos it still works) only 128mb of space... squished em down to 64kbit w/ 32khz sample rate... worked quite well... the reduced sample rate allowed for the 64kbit to work better and gave it a 'analog cassette' sound instead of the typical 'gurgle'...

could also try dropping an ogg into the player to see if it works... some oddball chinese made players support ogg but dont say they do in either the manual or the box they come in...

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Video and Audio Help  |  Audio Help  |  Converting MP3 to WMA Files

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.021 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx