gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 12:20:30 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  WinMxWorld Volunteers Wanted
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: WinMxWorld Volunteers Wanted  (Read 2328 times)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
WinMxWorld Volunteers Wanted
« on: October 25, 2019, 02:51:27 am »
I have had a small window of time recently to spend a bit more time on the site and take serious stock of the activity here amongst other matters.

As you all know theres not a whole lot going on here most of the time thats critical in nature, and while that situation remains unchanged all is fine however thats not great for the site nor those few doing the backroom work out of sight of the rest of you .

The situation has actually changed recently and so in accordance with the above passage I will require further assistance to ensure we have enough staff to deal with the situation when or if it becomes of a critical nature.

We dont need super people but simply commited talented folks who feel they have something to offer and an interest in sharing their skills for the benefit of the community.

Every single staff member whom have done their turn here puts winmx first, not second but first, the site here serves to make that job easier and was set up to deliver as much as we could to you all, for some time now thats been hindered by very low staff numbers, this means new ideas that take time to undertake get shelved or put on hold, tutorials that require different operating systems to share the love across all platforms cant take place due to no access to such systems for images etc and the same goes for new language versions of what we already have as well as creating newer materials and news on new programs or apps that are we could utilise here to bring added value to the community, the well of ideas is not dry, the well of spare time is becoming so.

If you think your able to spare time and share your knowledge and skills with the community drop me a line via PM here, I dont bite and am pretty professional when it comes to serving the community here, I expect the same from any prospective candidates.

I am the last of the site founders and have put in a lot of time along with the many talented and great staff across the many years we have been operating, I have no hesitation as a senior staff member here in stating openly that we need a bigger team at this time and I call upon you all to take a turn and leave your mark along side me as a respected colleague.

Thank you all for taking an interest and I look forward to hearing from some of you.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
Re: WinMxWorld Volunteers Wanted
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2019, 06:07:01 pm »
In response to this topic I have taken on a new staf member to help swell our ranks and upgrade the sites ability to meet the demands of the community userbase, I would have course have been overjoyed to have taken on a few more of you to assist in both creating and maintaining what we do here but for that to happen you have to be willing to put yourself forward and spare a portion  of time to help others when you can, this is after all a volunteer run site and relies on unselfish acts and time freely given to help others.

If you feel you have both a helpful nature, like helping others and maybe have an idea or two that could be explored make yourself known and the team here will doubtless guide you towards a role thats satisfying and productive for all of us.
We have had many exceptional staff members in the past and many others whom are still doing great service to you all from within the shadows, not everyone wants to deal with trolls etc and frankly you dont have to, you dont even have to sing from our hymn book, a strong moral compass is all thats expected as honesty is the sole guarantee of our visitors patronage and underpins why we are here, you support us to support you thats all there is to it.

Contact any of the site Team or myself if you feel up to sharing yourself with the wider community.

Now I have waffled on a fair bit lets all give big hand to welcome Will to the Team here, hes known to some of you already for his work on some of several code and research projects for the community but for those of you who dont know him hes a nice guy who works for a living like most of you and was happy to answer the call for volunteers, I am sure you will enjoy his special flavour and breadth of knowledge regarding WinMx, welcome aboard Will

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2020, 12:01:52 pm »
Just so you are all aware we still need your talents and expertise here to keep the site ticking over, whilst theres no great emergency to deal with we do need to ensure we have a seasoned and trusted team in hand for when there is, please think about the future you want and the value you put on having the network functioning seamlessly.

I personally am back to working a lot atm and doing my best to shine for the new company I work for but it is pretty annoying that unless a small handful of users post this place sees little active discussion, thats not good for the future or in encouraging the folks I need at the technical level to spend their time assisting us with many of the projects we all want to see completed.

Add your effort or time and build the communities future folks, anything else is short changing yourself.

Offline Rossi

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2020, 05:40:31 pm »
What is it you want me to do?  :lol:

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2020, 09:00:49 pm »
If you have the time Rossi theres many roles to assist with,  Tutorial creation, editing, image preparation, language translation, content arranging, interesting news posts/ community commentary, possible new client testing role if your prepared to be around at odd hours as it requires 2 folks to be online at the same time with some of the tests.

I enjoy creating site material myself but i dont always get about to making it public simply because I am moving on to the next requested or required topic.
I was surprised recently that stuff I had written has never been published here simply because theres little time to finalise the articles, some articles wanted screenshots that never arrived, as a volunteer site we have to rely on other volunteers and complaining to them for not delivering is not polite or helpful as you may appreciate

If folks are bored even spotting dead links is helpful as is showing new links to the community that offer something we can all use in the chats or other areas of the network, theres a large scope for input and anyone willing can help, this site is not here to support me or the other staff its for the entire WinMx userbase and thats what I ask any volunteer to bear in mind, if you have time to spare then I have work that can consume much of it  :)

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2020, 12:03:22 pm »
I know some of you have some free time atm, what about investing it here ?

I am working on some new materials myself so now would be a good time to get involved and put your name on something for the community, after all when we are silent do we exist ? (hat tip to PKD) 

Offline Camlan04

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2020, 02:12:47 pm »
As you know Ghostship I have just purchased a new/old site name. Once it's up I'll be posting on here it's up & running. Anything you need posted on the site. Let me know. And I'll also give you access if you want. Anyone who use to be on the site. I'm willing to help anyway I can. Cam.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2020, 06:16:42 pm »
Thats all good news Camlan  8) 8) 8)

I am sure you,ll find plenty of help available when your ready to roll  :D

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  WinMxWorld Volunteers Wanted

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx