gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 10:16:05 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  New Test Patch from Eagle With UPNP
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: New Test Patch from Eagle With UPNP  (Read 10705 times)

Offline TheMacDaddy

• Forum Member
Re: New Test Patch from Eagle With UPNP
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2008, 04:52:37 pm »
Ok heres my side of things
I am on Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit
I have a quad core processor
No firewall installed and Windows firewall off as i use my router Firewall to take care of that side of things (but i still have same issue with no Firewall on at all)
I run Avast,Spybot and Spyware blaster
I have 3 GiG DDR2 Ram
I run E-Serv and Eagles latest patch which is Beta 8
The only issue i have found is if i search for me room with Winmx on a primary connection it does not show up untill i switch to secondary connection
The other thing i have also found out is that anyone searching for my room on a primary connection can not get it to show but as soon as the swtich to a seconday connection it shows up right away
I have had no connection issues and had no mass drop out of members from my room either
I have sky broadband and router and all is set just fine for both Winmx and E-Serv (both programmes on different ports)

Hope this is enough info and what your looking for but if you want any more info or wish me to try some different things on my pc to solve this issue please let me know
As i have a vast knowledge of how pcs work so dont feel that if you get to technical i will lose my way as i wont   :)

Offline MinersLantern

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2008, 07:07:02 pm »
512 Meg RAM 1.1 Ghz processor oh and version 3.53 of winmx (forgot that on the last post). I have robomx too but it was turned off during the first part of the day.
Hosts file is bare, just the localhost 127.0.0.1 and other pcs on the Lan listed.
The beta appears to operate the same with robo going too, so no issues with that.
Today it says 'update available' in the little html window but it wants to close and reopen winmx. :O
I'll wait to exit it, have trades going.  :)

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2008, 07:24:43 pm »
192MB ram with 500mb fixed page file and 550Mhz AMD athlon... (leechammer quits detecting MX activity... it doesnt really 'crash' per-say just stops working till i close it in task manager and restart it.... can leave winmx running during the restart of leechammer and it works fine... winmx itself doesnt mess up leechammer does..)

btw, i have 'new update available, close and reopen winmx' in status bar... got a short changelog for whats new? (cant restart just yet... waiting in queue)

also, as you may have guessed... i use linux as the firewall (will switch to using the router as firewall [strike]when[/strike] if broadband comes to my neck of the woods) so no firewall on windoze itself

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2008, 07:31:22 pm »
As you may have noticed an update has been released that Eagle hopes will fix some if not all of the problems.

Can I ask All Testers to move over to the newer version as it features some important bug fixes that have been found with your help so far, the new test version is now known as beta 9 and once again can we do the basic tests with compatibility and check we havent got anything else broken during the fixes  ;)

The fixes where to do with optimising the code to run more "lean" and stripping out some redundant code not necessary at this stage, and adding a few rewrites of how the processes where handled internally.
Also please note a new entry has arrived in the INI file called /upnpreopen 14400 , this entry is for setting a timer on the upnp refreshing rate.

Eagle asks me to thank you all once more for your help and patience, so thanks to you all  8)

Attachment removed: newer version with bug fixes

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2008, 07:45:43 pm »
feature request.... automatic updating of the patch by downloading the new version itself so the restart of MX will automatically trade out the old for the new..... (also an option to disable this in the .ini file for the paranoid folk)

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2008, 07:47:21 pm »
auto download, erm <---- para, no thanks
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2008, 07:49:02 pm »
We have deliberately not included that due to the major potential for misuse, automatic updating is how the cartel took over Shareaza and other networks they hijacked, swapping out the real client for their pay_as_you_download fake version.

Offline Bluehaze

• Forum Member
    • Realms Beyond
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2008, 08:52:21 pm »
I have Windows 2000 Service Pack 4, with all the critical updates from Microsoft. Processor is 1.13 ghz Celeron, with 256 mb of ram. We have a 56k dialup connection to the internet. Installed Eagle's beta 8 patch the first day it was available on this thread, and have used it for lengthy stretches daily since. The patch runs like a charm. I am a secondary, and I have never connected to WinMX quicker! I used many KM patches as they were available, but this is the fastest one. No problem connecting to WinMX and no trouble staying on. I absolutely cannot find anything wrong.

Thanks to Eagle, Ghostship and all of you for this patch! I now have beta 9. Will let you know how it goes! Thanks so much.

-Bluehaze   :D
"As one grows older, one becomes wiser and more foolish,"
Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2008, 09:45:19 pm »
I,m just trying to co-ordinate this for Eagle and the community to be honest Bluehaze but its great to hear all is fine and I,m sure Eagle will be happy to hear this news as well as any further issues folks find  :-D

Offline Mick832

• MX Hosts
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2008, 11:39:48 pm »
Box opens when I open WinMX telling m e there is a new update.   At the top of WinMX it tells me to close it and reopen.

Done all that and have beta9 from here.    I am not downloading it from a website I know nothing about.

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2008, 12:10:52 am »
Mick if you mean the Hackroom.org that is Eagles site and I can vogue for it if that helps any.  If your uncomfortable with that just grab the test one posted here for now.   :D

Offline Mick832

• MX Hosts
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2008, 01:47:33 am »
I had the beta8 from here, and now have the beta9 installed from here.

Running XP Pro legit so SP3 with latest updates, maybe staying in rooms a bit better, but I also updated router/modem recently so that could be unrelated.   To me there really seems to be no difference.   Working fine.

Nothing against Eagle and his site but lots of users would be paranoid about what and where they download updates from,

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2008, 02:20:28 am »
@mick: look in the ini file -- hackroom.org is there... and its where the patch checks for updates on startup... apparently you have been using that site without knowing....

@GS: good point (and well taken) about the autoupdate... kinda sucks that crap like that can happen tho.... :/

@eagle: your site needs an 'english' button ;) (just joking around -- i can use google translate to sniff around at what other goodies you have) and yes i downloaded beta9 from eagles site (i was download 47 so im not the only one)... but the page where it came from... while i already knew what it was... would be a bit... er... intimidating to 'joe winmx'....  ... in italian and very sparse about whats even being downloaded... needs to have a more WMW look and some english as well as italian text....

perhaps the patch could even be hosted -here- (not trying to take away from you or your site) so that those who are uber paranoid (and dont do any snooping around to try to learn something) can feel comfortable with the download...

Offline Mick832

• MX Hosts
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2008, 06:50:10 am »
And where is the ini file.   It is not in my C WinMX folder.   I am not a computer wiz, but I then thought, hey check my MXMoni folder and there I have a oledlg.ini file, which I even know to open with notepad and read.   So I find a reference to hackroom.org in there.

How does that make an average user feel happier when he/she realises that they have been using that site without knowing.

A site that you think needs an english button and would be intimidating to 'joe winmx'.

Maybe I am just a 'joe winmx', but I am one of the millions you need to survive.

I am sorry I am not as computer smart as you Silver Stripes, and I did not check the ini file, but I still don't like the look of the site and if me and 'joe winmx' found out we were using something that connected us to a site we could not even read, then maybe WinMX could be uninstalled and we could become 'joe ares' instead.

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2008, 07:28:48 am »
The patch is in development, eagle requested during testing he hosted the patch details, so that he could see everything incase their was a fault anywhrer, and in everything i mean update bar status and hosting the updates. Personaly i went off on one at first in the room with eagle in a discussion that many didnt feel confident asking the questions i did but then im an arsehole sometime. After a long winded disscusion it was agreed the final finish release would contain our update bar, and eagle would retain the update, a few of us are already working away on making sure people like yourselves are fully updated with what is going on but with this being a beta patch all information cant be made readily available at the same time, as you know we do this as an when we can.

I would imagine that page where he is linking too is only tempory same as the update bar. After speaking to eagle, and no doubt making him feel a little uncomftable with folks in the room, i fully trust his development, i wouldnt of agreed to its posting here in the first place if i didnt like it. Most will know especially quicks, im the worst person in the world around this place for trusting people, but he is right in the fact e needs to see all sides of its opertaion during development.

As you have pointed out his work is very good and we are very happy with its developemnt so far, im glad you have taken the time to try this out and im sorry if maybe a lack of communication has startled you, but alot of us have been very busy behind the scenes making arangements for this patchs final realease. The installers are now all ready, we are currently in the middle of setting up more new caches as quicks has been speaking with pie.com and they have agreed to start using this patch so we have drafted some new WMW servers to support these new peopl., So the networks health will increase ten fold from that day.

So again apologise's for not giving you all the facts but of a small team working at the moment a hell of alot is going on. And if you have any more questions please ask away.
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2008, 09:48:09 am »
@Mick;

beta testing like this is for those who -are- computer savvy.... after all... (and seriously think about this) how could you file a proper bug report if you didnt even know the patch had an .ini file let alone that it connects to another site... im not meaning to offend but make a point...

btw, if you have mxmoni installed you are 1 of a million users i -dont- need to survive... downloading from 99% of moni users is pretty much impossible since their friends get preference or they have a 'trade only' mentality... so basically the others out there just wait in a queue that never ends....

PS if you want to throw more flames at me send them via PM so as to keep this thread clean and useable for its original purpose...

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2008, 11:18:35 am »
Oi how about we dont do any flames  :D

I can fully understand Micks point after all about the site and as Deux mentions we should have mentioned this, at the time the update was made Eagle asked about should we get all updated and we felt it was best, and at that time is when we should have made a mention of the site for updates and so on to previous testers. 

Stripes I can also understand your frustration with a large amount of mxm users but you know yourself that the well informed ones (like Mick here, I'm sure) dont operate like alot of them and I'm not sure its fair to blame him for the users that do block 56k users or that use it to trade only.  MXM can be used quite responsibly and when I used it I even had it only set to one file required.

You both are doing great work getting Eagle relative feedback and its helped most things along massively!

I think the important information to take from these posts is that the oledlg.ini file wound up in his Moni folder which it shouldn't have.  Lets concintrate on that, can anyone else using this and moni confirm this result for Eagle?

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2008, 12:54:59 pm »
considering the way windows works i bet that when winmx is started with mxmoni - moni is giving winmx a new 'start in' directory... micks settings.dat might be in the moni directory as well... (or he may have 2 settings.dat files... one in the winmx directory and one in mxmonis directory)

this is just theory... i always have started 3rd part apps after starting MX... and dont have (or want) moni installed to test this....

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
    • www.DutchaGoGo.com and a few more like WinMX.ComXa.com and WinMX.ExoFire.net
« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2008, 07:14:13 pm »
Hi there,

i tested the moni theory on moni 1.3 and yes it leaves the ini there (not any settings dat) if winmx is started by moni

Greetings, ..Joshua203
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2008, 07:28:59 pm »
I'm out of town for a month (visiting family)... have been running eagles patch on my sisters computer (and on  mine back home)
Havent had any problems with it at all.

My Sisters Comp:
Windows XP Pro with SP2
AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 3200+ 1809 MHz
1.5 gig ram
Cable Connection

WinMX Secondary Connection
WCS 1.8.5
WCB 0.5
Metis280b1m4
Metis270-test6
------------------
On my home comp i start winmx through mxmoni and (i'm pretty sure) i also have the oledlg.ini file in both mxmoni folder and winmx folder... i'm not running moni here on my sis's comp. Anyways... just updated yesterday to Beta 9... currently running 12 hours... no bugs to report (Not downloading/uploading much and not using openanp) so cant really test it too much lol

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  New Test Patch from Eagle With UPNP

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.023 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx