gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 09:56:36 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  New Test Patch from Eagle With UPNP
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: New Test Patch from Eagle With UPNP  (Read 10704 times)

Offline MinersLantern

• Forum Member
Re: New Test Patch from Eagle With UPNP
« Reply #80 on: August 30, 2008, 07:33:23 pm »
Beta9b works a charm now. No gray screen after turning off upnp.
@ Silver... Mine starts as usual, not minimized.

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
    • www.DutchaGoGo.com and a few more like WinMX.ComXa.com and WinMX.ExoFire.net
« Reply #81 on: August 31, 2008, 01:04:45 pm »
Since beta9b seems to leave the ini in the right place for Mick using mx moni to start this must be in the way my setup looks

My WinMX is located at D://some folder in my langauge/WinMX/ and MXMoni-folder is located in the WinMX-folder (D://some folder in my langauge/WinMX/MXMoni1.30/)

I handstart WinMX in Moni if i use it (handstart for technical advantages) but i guess if Moni would auto start WinMX it would do exactly the same....

It still leaves the ini in the moni folder

don t change this just for me cause i guess i will be back on my own setup after testing (i never lost 3.54b6 and still like it very much), but i may not be the only one having a setup like this

I hope this helped a bit
Greetings, .. Joshua203
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #82 on: August 31, 2008, 01:32:17 pm »
The simple cure for all this is to have a fixed INI file and place it in the correct folder with the installer, I,m not certain theres any benefit in asking a patch to start reading the registry to find the location of WinMX on every install.

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #83 on: August 31, 2008, 02:49:30 pm »
The mxmoni should be in its own folder, ie; C\Program Files\MxMonitor.   The fact that it grabs WinMX and starts it was causing the patch file to say  oh im in the Winmx directory so i'll make a ini file as none is present.  Eagle has fixed this having the patch look for winmx.exe and if its not present It knows its in MxMonitor and looks for the C\Program Files\WinMX directory instead. 

To be fair Eagle is not a MxM user and wasnt aware that it could start WinMX for you.

And hes also native italian speaking so Im not entirely sure he will completely understand the comments here about why/how he fixed it.  So in laymens terms there you have it.

Thanks goes to all who are testing this for Eagle  :)

Im  curious to hear from some of the folks we havnt heard from using this latest version.  I'd like to hear even if its just to say Whoot its great or what not... instead of assuming its all going fine becaue no one else is screaming about anything lol.

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
    • www.DutchaGoGo.com and a few more like WinMX.ComXa.com and WinMX.ExoFire.net
« Reply #84 on: August 31, 2008, 08:17:28 pm »
i did not ask for a fix but i thought this behaviour could be important in this stage of development

btw as stated before also moni has it s own folder ..(just hidden inside mx folder ;-))

edit : reading ghost's solution later again ..... yes that would do the trick
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #85 on: September 01, 2008, 03:01:48 am »
LOL no i didnt mean you wanted a fix, just givin my 2 cents on that one.

Great anyone else with a report for Eagle on how things are going?

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #86 on: September 01, 2008, 04:17:19 am »
The simple cure for all this is to have a fixed INI file and place it in the correct folder with the installer, I,m not certain theres any benefit in asking a patch to start reading the registry to find the location of WinMX on every install.

this i would definitly have to agree with... and in the lack of presence of an .ini file the patch -doesnt- autocreate an .ini but rather uses default -internal- settings....

quite a few DOS and other .ini using programs follow this pattern... default (or none.. depending on the requrements of the program) settings when no .ini (or .cfg but usually they were the same basic structure) is found...

Offline birdman

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on: September 01, 2008, 06:12:15 am »
Does this new patch remove the current  KM dll  or PIE patch on install  if not could it do so to avoid any conflicts ?

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #88 on: September 01, 2008, 07:33:33 am »
if you have pie installed you'll need to use the installers on  https://patch.winmxconex.com/ (if you already have mx installed use the patch only install to get rid of pie)... then youll have to rename the oledlg.dll (kms patch) in winmx's directory to something like oledlg.off so youll still have it just in case, but it wont run.... then 'install' -this- patch by unzipping it into winmx's directory (it has the same name as KMs patch) start MX and youll be using the new test patch...

...there isnt an installer for this one yet... its 'installed' manually... and its not finished yet so... if you dont feel up to testing an unfinished product that may cause winmx to act odd or not work at all... it may be best to wait....

Offline Bluehaze

• Forum Member
    • Realms Beyond
« Reply #89 on: September 07, 2008, 01:24:02 am »
After some extensive use, I must give beta9 a hearty thumbs up! From the standpoint of a secondary (Celeron 1.13 ghz CPU, 256 mb of RAM, Win. 2000 SP4, WinMX 3.54b), Eagle's patches, beta 8 and beta 9 - have performed admirably! I cannot imagine how they could do any better. :D

Thanks!

Bluehaze-
"As one grows older, one becomes wiser and more foolish,"
Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #90 on: September 07, 2008, 11:12:59 am »
any news on whats going on behind the scenes? any beta 10 coming down the pipe? a final?
a (tenative?) list of new features or fixes?

cmon guys (and gal) throw us a bone here! ;)

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #91 on: September 07, 2008, 11:17:47 am »
hmmmm.... ok... odd... ive rebooted windows a few times since beta9r2 was installed and now winmx doesnt have the 'start minimised' problem anymore.... it may have been fixed after the first reboot i dunno cos i wasnt paying attention (and winmx is set to start hidden in tray with windows anyway...)

but it seems a reboot fixes the odd 'start minimised' problem of b9r2.... i think...?

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #92 on: September 07, 2008, 01:24:53 pm »
We are now happy that the release is pretty much as good as its going to get, Deux will be looking at the installer intergration next to further cover ourselves with any of the minor issues that have cropped up or expect to crop up we can expect some good news on a final version pretty soon Stripes  :)

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #93 on: September 08, 2008, 11:09:55 am »
cool :)

will us geeky types be able to keep (with an option in the ini perhaps) the 'FSR' and 'BC' stats? (im curious to see what happenes when ppl start switching over)

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #94 on: September 08, 2008, 01:14:47 pm »
The Blocking Display option will still appear in the INI file for those that want to be able to view or disable it .

I believe that by not rushing into a fast changeover we have been able to demonstrate publicly the stability of the patch design and hopefully this will ensure we have many confident users when the time comes to take the next step.

That time has now been selected and the clock is ticking down :)

I would like to take this time to thank all the beta testers for their help and time in ensuring we have something special to offer, also I would like to thank Eagle for his dedication and commitment towards the winmx community as a whole, thanks from us all Eagle  8)

A new dawn awaits ...  :yes:

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
« Reply #95 on: September 17, 2008, 03:04:19 pm »
Issue about Linux split and moved to "Winmx Without Windows" - nylly
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  New Test Patch from Eagle With UPNP

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.025 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx