gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 20, 2024, 01:06:09 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Whats Going On At Vladds Forum ?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Whats Going On At Vladds Forum ?  (Read 9758 times)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Whats Going On At Vladds Forum ?
« on: October 13, 2005, 02:14:48 am »
Madness has erupted across the network folks  :o

The cause of it ?

http://www.vladd44.com/pie/oct11meeting.rar

Well its a suprising read for many long-time mxusers including myself, users are described as "sheep" and theres even a mention of a self downloading trojan inside an updated pie patch ,designed to remove the  dll from this site and winmxgroup.com

Whats it all about ?

Your guess is as good as mine, power over the network possibly, or spite have been put forward as motives, who knows  :?

Having spoken to Vladd to confirm that he really did say all those things I can still only speculate regarding his motives but it seems strange that Vladd has opposed a self updating file before and now wishes users to accept his, especially as Vladd is not a programmer.

Please keep any replies free of cuss words folks regarding this hot topic.

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
  • We all wear masks... metaphorically speaking...
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2005, 07:51:23 am »
Madness? If you call creating a well organised Team of Winmx caring folk to help save the network and promote patches to up to 8 million users, and all this with transparancy, then i'm guilty as charged.

I would like to formally apologise to all winmx users for all my hard efforts behind the scenes to help save the Winmx network...

Thankyou Judge and Jury Ghost for highlighting the terrible things i have done in giving up my family time to assist with the resurrection of Winmx.

Nobby - Guilty of helping Winmx users..........

As i have now been found guilty i will no longer be able to fuel the flaming, further posts from me, will be on legitimate, useful and positive threads only.......im sorry to those who wish to provoke divide and arguments, i am removing myself from your game.

chuck

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2005, 08:28:23 am »
For someone that says they dont want to take over Winmx these links sure dont show it.

..Ñøßߥ..
Mmmmmmmmm Pie      Posted: Yesterday at 06:19
Site Admin

The domain name MXpie has been surchased on behalf of the Pie Team

many thanks to the team member who aquired these for us.

http://www.vladd44.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=6095
http://mxpie.com/

Gemini777
Multiple Personality #777
Site Admin                Posted: Yesterday at 15:42    Post subject: MXpie Logo Contest

Do you have a creative side? We would like your talent! Please enter our MXpie logo contest. We are looking for a simple logo to use in representation of MXpie. Please email your designs to gemini777@gemini777.net or vladd44@vladd44.com.

http://www.vladd44.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?p=30909#30909

This sheep is a black sheep and i dont understand when pie became the cry for WinMX.

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
  • We all wear masks... metaphorically speaking...
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2005, 12:06:32 pm »
Chuck

Ask Ghost, i have tried desperatly to remain impatial throughout this, even to the point of running 2 servers on primary, 1 with Sabres patch, the other with KM's.

However the situation has moved on now, on 1 side, i see a well organised and public operation, on the other closed doors and flamers, i continue to wish KM all the best, oh and over the last 4years i often use the Mmmmmm Pie tag, as my avatar is homer simpson..

Cabalistic

Vladd again
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2005, 01:28:15 pm »
Hi, Cabalistic have been listening to all this Vladd stuff and, we hear all this talk about "well organised teams" on one side and not the others, better coders etc etc etc but thats not always a good thing, just look at Microsoft etc, would we trust or let them own or manage WinMx?

But thats not the issue is it? shurely it comes down to this:

Vladd doesn't deny saying whats in those logs and also confirms that it is true in several placesetc, he and the others really did say that about us!!.

Therefore we follow him at our perill, who wants a leader who considers us all "SHEEP" He and the rest may as well of called us "trailer trash" or "inbreeds" etc etc, (you can place your own favorite self insult here)

Basically people, read the truth from the links then decide what you want:

To be, lead by a team who think and know they are beter than you, will make all future descisions for you and not feel the need to tell you unless you find out first, will undoubtedly feather their own nests or interests at some point, almost certainly push Mx into the pay as you go realm for their own needs etc etc the list goes and on!! You can place anything else you can think or know of in this space, they cant stop us thinking.......yet!!

Sound like your Government etc? yes we thought so too!!

So we here at least, will no longer in any guise shape or form be aiding in any way any members or associatese of Vladds team as............well the arse*&%e shot himself in both feet with his own words and admitions, which in true polititian fashion we expect him and the rest to deny categorically in the very near future.

Please keep your minds on the game people and back MxWorld and all the sites dedicated to helping us keep WinMx going without a hidden agenda or self motivation.

Keep WinMx FREE FOREVER!!!!

Cabalistic Crew
P.s. For Vladds crew: Feel Free to slag us off like you do anyone else in here who doesn't agree with your Leader!!

KM

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2005, 01:56:05 pm »
I am going to paraphase the conversation posted above, please correct me if i am even slightly mistaken and in any way misinterpret anything and please tell me what i have interpreted incorrectly...

<Vladd> ok, we need to decide what to do first
<The Rest> OK, lets all discuss it
<Vladd> ok, so it is agreed that we will start off by actively fighting against anyone trying to resurect winmx
<The Rest> yes, how nice of you to summarise what we said
<Vladd> and we need to start telling people to stop using winmx because the peer caches cant handle the load generated by a few tiny packets of data
<The Rest> exactly what we were saying
<Vladd> what a great discussion, glad we all managed to come to some sort of decision

i am also unclear on this issue, but it seems that vladd and sabres names keep getting thrown around as the ones who saved winmx, but i still can't figure out exactly, what did either of them do to save winmx? did either of them make peer caches? are either of them hosting peer caches? do either of them encourage people to use winmx? do either of them encourage others to save winmx if they won't do it? - sorry, but this is a pretty big thing that i am really not even slightly clear on...

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2005, 06:12:21 pm »
I hope all readers of this topic can see for themselves that Nobby was not mentioned in my previous post, he has taken what has been said upon himself.

Peace will prevail over winmx, because the users demand it, taking sides and playing games are best left to those who hide in the shadows.

lord_harris

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2005, 06:29:35 pm »
Could someone please explain exactly what's going on?  What are Vladd and co. actually trying to do, and why?

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2005, 06:52:43 pm »
Please download the txt from here

http://www.vladd44.com/pie/oct11meeting.rar

It shows an attack is to launched aimed at KM who runs at least 1/2 the WPN cache servers.

We do not agree with such an attack.

please read it carefully and see for yourself our concern.

Offline Scyre

• Forum Member
  • <Insert nothing here.>
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2005, 07:20:48 pm »
The following is my reply posted on Vladd's forum:
--------------------------------------------------------------
LET IT BE KNOWN IN THE FULL LIGHT OF DAY:

As KM stated, it is irrelevant which patch is being used. Only that the "sheeple" as you call them can connect and participate.

So what possible motivation could there be for filtering out users who are not using your particular patch? THAT IN ITSELF SHOWS AN UNTRUSTABLE NATURE.

"Use our patch or you will not be allowed access to our peer cache."

Go ahead, tell everyone just that honestly. Or is it not in the best interest of PR to be that open about such actions?

It is because of this type of strong arm tactic that people are losing trust in the "pie team". I will tell you now, that is EXACTLY why I left the "team" some weeks ago. Dirty tricks, deceitful plans, and not one single bit of listening to the people you are supposedly "helping".

Sure you can make these beautiful claims that "We have nothing to hide. We have everything out in the open..." But I am witness to the fact that much of what went on during the development was NOT to be known to the public, and the wickedness in the ideas that were worked on would have turned everyone away had they known.

Now you can CLAIM that there are all these problems with the dll, and the peer caches that KM runs, but funny how reality is so different. Reminds me a lot of the propaganda the RIAA uses to strong arm people into giving in so that their crap doesn't have to be revealed in court.

Old marketing trick... Many voices saying the same thing imply validity. (Even if what they say is wrong)

The fact is that KM was the first to have a working peer cache. not half working...but fully functional. And after the "pie team" gained access to a copy of KM's peer cache (that supposedly is frought with problems) THEY MADE A COPY OF IT. When KM removed it from that location because of the free access that the "pie team" was given to it, MYSTERIOUSLY IT WAS REPLACED WITHIN A SHORT TIME.

Now why would you want to copy a "no good" peer cache server, and then replace it when the creator removed it? Why not replace it with your "so much superior" version?

That in itself shows that you have more faith in his work than your own.

But go ahead and continue to talk crap about the single individual who accomplished what a whole team of devious people couldn't...

You see, it is entirely possible to sell someone a picture of a turd in a nice beautiful gold frame, tauting all the wonders of the ornate design that the frame holds.

"Isn't this a lovely frame?!"

But in the end it is still just a sh*tty picture.

So, what's it gonna be? You really gonna start focusing on the community, or keep causing problems with all these lame attempts to take KM out of the picture?

I have seen enough of your crappy side, as others have too. How about living up to your word and the trust people have put in your team to do something WITHOUT ALL THE FRIGGIN STRINGS YOU WANT TO ATTACH TO IT?

It's about time you guys lose the god complex and start being human like the rest of us.

Personally I can see the benefit in both patches, AS LONG AS THEY REFERENCE ALL THE PEER CACHE SERVERS, AND DO NOT HOLD ANY SUPRISE FILTERING DUE TO STUPID CHILDISH JEALOSY. I will not recommend one over the other.

I am twice KM's age and I can still be adult enough to admit he is damned good at what he does. Can you?

It is perhaps that very reason he chooses to work alone, and not allow so many bad decisions and devious influences to all have their hands in his cookie jar.

I don't blame him.

But NO ONE can deny that his willingness to help EVERYONE (and not just the users of his patch) shows integrity and truth in his work.

For the Pie team, I have respect for all of the effort that has helped users, but NOT for the stupid juvenile efforts that seem to be making their way into the picture.

This forum should show that the users out there are not stupid and DO NOT AGREE WITH SUCH ACTIONS.

The only ones supporting that mentality are the ones who are part of the team.

Feel free to read this as many times as necessary for it to sink in.

Best Regards, and Be Good,
Scyre

--------------------------------------------------------
There is a lot of talk on that thread about the subject and I suggest people read the entire thread to see a lot of the points brought up.
http://www.vladd44.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=6105
A cat will almost always blink when hit with a hammer.

mrlsu

just a few words of my own
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2005, 03:16:55 am »
I think that trying to hijack winmx is a really stupid idea. I don't think there will be enough supporters of your cause. We are not "sheep" as you implied. I had downloaded the piepatch but got rid of it once i read what you were trying to do. Also it didn't work as well as you hope it does. I now have a different patch that works fine. I think I Speak for probably 99 % of the winmx users when i say that we will fight tooth and nail to keep winmx alive and usefull to everyone including those who don't use your patch. There is alot of ppl who sign onto winmx just to chat.

How can you sit there and deny access to anyone who is not using your patch. I want to know who died and made you god. That is what everyone will be asking once they see your intentions. I think it is a control factor. If that is the case just remember one thing, those with bad intentions will never prevail. I just don't understand why you can't leave well enough alone. Once your "followers" see your intentions they will turn there backs to you and abandon your cause.

Well this is all I have to say. I just hope that my submission along with others that agree with me will open the followers of your cause to open there eyes and see what you are trying to do. Once again we will not let winmx go down without a fight.

chuck

Just A TY
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2005, 06:31:03 am »
Id just like to take this time to say that ive been verry impressed
with how you all have acted on this matter.Not lowering yourselves to the Mentality of vladd and his admin's.No cussing,belittleing,or pissing match.It will in the long run show the your creadability
is verry good to the people of mx.The answers that have been given on this forum have fast and intelligent.I cant say that from what ive see on vladd's forum ive looked back at some past responses to Questions,there and they all start to become a attack on someone posting. and a big TY for helping the  less knolageable keep their WinMX connecting and not trying to treat us like less than what we are.
 Ive used Mx for over 5 years first for open nap and then for the wpn
when it started.So it is some thing ive allways stuck with not the fastest are flashest but one that i could tweek and run with out even thinking. I use other p2p programs for larger files sure but oold mp3's
mx is my choice.so thank you for all your work in keeping it up and keeping it for the people alot may not say it out in forums but they do talk and they are seeing who is doing what and why they are doing it, and you all are looking verry good at this time .

Lysander

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2005, 06:42:52 am »
something wrong.

Quote from: Ghost Ship
Well its a suprising read for many long-time mxusers including myself, users are described as "sheep" and theres even a mention of a self downloading trojan
inside an updated pie patch ,designed to remove the dll from this site and winmxgroup.com

Whats it all about ?

Your guess is as good as mine, power over the network possibly, or spite have been put forward as motives, who knows
something wrong.

users are described as "sheep"

No, they are compared to sheep. It's a very slight distinction, I know, but an important one. YOur'e not being called a sheep, a group of people you are in is being likened to sheep. There IS a difference that matters. What he was trying ot get across was that the majority of people who use the program dont' care how it works or what it does so long as it does, in fact, work. 9 tiems out of 10, a user will take a patch that works all the time over a patch that doesn't work all the time but works better than teh other one when it does. This is because most people who use a program only care about results. This is, I might add, true. A generalization, I grant you, a gross one at that, but still true for the majority of people. It could have been better worded, probably, but there you are.

and theres even a mention of a self downloading trojan
inside an updated pie patch ,designed to remove the dll from this site and winmxgroup.com

Please stop with the jargan you don't understand. This statement is wrong in every iportant respect, which I will go through as follows.

1. Nothing anywhere in teh log stated at any point fits the conceptual deffinition of a trojan. Trojans allow remote users to connect to your computer. I dont' konw what oyu think a trojan is, exactly, but I can assure you that that's not it.

2. A quick point of tense: "contains" is wrong. What you should have written is "will contain." The important distinction there is that this is a change that will happen in teh future, and has not happened yet, so it is still safe for people to download the pie patch if you are afraid that it will delete KM's, because it won't. At least, not yet. I feel this should be changed so as not to worry users who don't read everything they should.

3. Your assertion of "designed to delete the dll from this site and winmxgroup.com" is not only incorrect, but i tis also absurd, and shows a shocking lack of understanding on very, very basic principles of how computers work. Before I explain to you what is meant, I will clear up the confusion thus: it will be designed to remove the dll file from your computer. That is to say, the person who installs the pie patch's computer. I personally believe that they are wrong to do this at least without asking the user first and giving reasons why this might be necessary, but that's an argument for another place.
4. The concept that anything distributed could haX0r into two different webservers, both (I certainly hope) running firewalls, find a file hosted on those servers, and manage to actually delete it from these servers is very wimsical, and also completely impossible. It can't happen, it won't happen, and furthermore...
5. No one's trying ot make that happen. The comment int he log states that they should take the file off the site, grin, or something. The first part of that is quite obviously a joke, and it shows a stunning lack of reading comprehention that people could miss that. No one's seriously suggesting that anyone do that. At least, as far as I konw. Again, feel free to correct me where I'm wrong.

Whats it all about?

According to Vladd, it's becasue the two patches can't work together. I personally think that this is a rather brusque explanation, and it doesn't satisfy very much of anything that I'm wondering about htis situation, and I'd really wish he'd be more forthcoming on the principles under which his patch opperates, and why the two patches can't coexist. But then again, I also request hte same thing about KM, and most people who ask Vladd for clarificaiton don't do that even though KM has at this point become infamous for not doing exactly that.

it seems strange that Vladd has opposed a self updating file before and now wishes users to accept his, especially as Vladd is not a programmer.

I dont' see what these two facts have to do with each other. Could you please explain?

Lysander

Re: Vladd again
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2005, 07:03:44 am »
I thought I was done, but this post contained so much idiocy that I had to respond.

Quote from: Cabalistic
just look at Microsoft etc, would we trust or let them own or manage WinMx?

The Cabalistic comedy Hour is over, dude. Microsoft is a business. The problem isn't with their coders. The problem is with the people who decide if the code should be used or not. Take, for instance, raw sockets; the problem is with the people who decided to leave it open, not with the coders who could have (easily) closed it. Same deal with most of the patches that come out, the reason that the system is not patched quicker is simply that of money. "If we don't mention there's a problem nobody will find it!" is the prevailing attitude, so patches won't be released for the most part until there's a reason to work on them. Trying to say that "better coders is bad" is by itself laughable, but comparing the work of maybe ten core dedicated people to that of the largest computer megacorporation on the face of the planet is absolutely insane.

who wants a leader who considers us all "SHEEP" He and the rest may as well of called us "trailer trash" or "inbreeds" etc etc, (you can place your own favorite self insult here)

Please. All he meant by that was that people who use the program, by and large, want a thing that works, and don't want to have to fiddle with it so that it works. This is, last time I checked out the Windows Vista beta email list, still true. So stow the foe-indignence, it gets us nowhere.

Quote from: cabalistic
To be, lead by a team who think and know they are beter than you,

As opposed to a team that's not better than me? Um, yeah, I'd rather follow someone better than I am than somoene who's not. That's why I voted for Michale Badnorick.  *ba-ching*

will make all future descisions for you and not feel the need to tell you unless you find out first,

This is a legitimate complaint, however i Think that KM is more guilty of this than Vladd and Co. are. At least when Vladd hosts a meeting he shows it to everyone. What about k... oh that's right, he doesn't even have colaberators to bounce stuff off of, he just goes and does things.

Quote from: cabalistic
will undoubtedly feather their own nests or interests at some point,

Such as?

almost certainly push Mx into the pay as you go realm for their own needs etc etc

Oh please. That is utterly ludicrous. That's not possible. There's no way it could be done. It's contrary to the principle which the P2P network runs on. If that were to happen, people would (A) regroup, probably using KM's stuff or (B) just stop using WinMX. Everyone konws this. Except, apparently, you.

So we here at least, will no longer in any guise shape or form be aiding in any way any members or associatese of Vladds team as............well the arse*&%e shot himself in both feet with his own words and admitions, which in true polititian fashion we expect him and the rest to deny categorically in the very near future.

Who's this talking? Oh yeah, the same guy who was bitching not two paragraphs ago that Vladd's team weren't working with everyone else. Way to be a complete and total hipocrit.

Keep WinMx FREE FOREVER!!!!

Tell me, how does refusing to help one team of people trying to get winMX working help, er, get winMX working? I'm dying to know this. "maybe u shud ask vlad! lolz!" Guess what, Vladd's not tje one going around saying "we will no longer in any guise shape or form be aiding in any way any members or associatese [SIC] of Vladds team." Thus, I am asking you.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2005, 08:08:36 am »
I,m sorry to inform you of this but your post is so out of context I am finding it hard to make sense of it.

I admit I'm not a pedantic english tutor and, fail to see how splitting hairs and criticizing grammer make any difference to the situation.
Please note that the reference to the dll was simply to mean the dll available from the sites mentioned, as would be clear to most users.

Your confusion obviously springs from not having all the facts at hand as I have had when writing the initial post.

I have previewed the newer 2.7 installer and spoken with the creator to confirm my assumptions of its operation, a few points where clarified to my satisfaction, the proposed installer would download a host file when clicked and replace the old file with the new copy, no harm in that you say ?

I wish to direct your attentions to the fact that by simply placing a lookup to a rogue exploit site of your choosing would infact allow many machines to be compromised.  

As a computer literate person I hope you see the concern here as vladd has said he will not be running this project in the long term and in fact a month was suggested, who will be running the show then ?

And on a final note please feel free to aid any user of any patch and cache as we do, the users choice is not decided for them when help is asked for and  I wish you could find me a pie team member besides Nobby who has offered help here, I would be most happy to accept.

Lysander

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2005, 08:17:04 am »
I think your concerns about the hosts file are valid, and I don't see enough of anything from Vladd's camp to lay those worries to rest. Still, that's not what this thread has been talking about. You were saying that they're conspiring to remove the DLL patch from winmxgroup, when this is pattantly untrue, saying they were putting a trojan into the installer, which is both deliberate scaremongering and untrue,  that they aren't being honest which is, as far as I can see, untrue... I could go on, really. I think you're making mountains out of molehills on teh whole.

Ranma

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2005, 08:40:57 am »
Quote from: KM
<Vladd> and we need to start telling people to stop using winmx because the peer caches cant handle the load generated by a few tiny packets of data
did either of them make peer caches?

Well, someone in PIE team wrote a peercache, you know?
When did vladd say that peercaches can't handle the load of a "few tiny packets"?

Lysander

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2005, 08:45:41 am »
It's called "sarcasm." Seriously, you guys, I swear half the reason why this is so big is because no one can take a freakin' joke.

KM

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2005, 12:25:36 pm »
Quote from: Ranma
Well, someone in PIE team wrote a peercache, you know?
When did vladd say that peercaches can't handle the load of a "few tiny packets"?

you did, none of those running "operation pie" did, lol

and sabre and vladd are constantly complaining about capacity problems, indeed even in that log they mention a maximum capacity for 4 servers of 3000 requests per minute i think it was, at one point my "low capacity" server was running at 1000 requests per second, although admitedly not for more than a few hours... it was not hard work at all

This is a legitimate complaint, however i Think that KM is more guilty of this than Vladd and Co. are. At least when Vladd hosts a meeting he shows it to everyone. What about k... oh that's right, he doesn't even have colaberators to bounce stuff off of, he just goes and does things.

I don't go and "hold meetings" - I just talk to anyone that is around that wants to talk, and if i went and posted logs of every conversation i had then it would just be a complete waste of time. I don't have meetings to announce to everyone "we will do this" as they have, i just talk, listen, and do what is required.

ccording to Vladd, it's becasue the two patches can't work together. I personally think that this is a rather brusque explanation, and it doesn't satisfy very much of anything that I'm wondering about htis situation, and I'd really wish he'd be more forthcoming on the principles under which his patch opperates, and why the two patches can't coexist. But then again, I also request hte same thing about KM, and most people who ask Vladd for clarificaiton don't do that even though KM has at this point become infamous for not doing exactly that.

only once have i been asked to explain it, and that once i did so to the satisfaction of the person asking, can't find the post right now but it is somewhere on this forum. If anyone has any questions about the operation of anything of mine then i am more than forthcomming about it, the fact that someone doesn't ask what they don't know about is not my fault. It would only become my fault if i refused to answer questions when asked, which I have not done - unlike many others i have nothing to hide.

Triffid

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2005, 12:48:59 pm »
KM, I'm just a user, a sheep even and thank you for your efforts.

Once I'd finally persuaded myself that it was safe to install a DLL into my system which could (but didn't) contain all sorts of stuff, I discovered that it had completely destroyed the original hosts file, which had a lot of non-MX stuff in it. After a very short while, hours in my case you moved servers, your DLL took MX out completely and  I had to manually replace the DLL and the hosts file to get running.

All this gave a bad impression, so I'm back to text patches rather than executable solutions. What can you say to persuade myself and many more that the WinmxWorld water is afe to go in again?

As for the slanging match, it can ONLY end in tears, these are much happier days for the RIAA.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Whats Going On At Vladds Forum ?

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx