gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 18, 2024, 02:18:32 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  UK News - Has BT Dropped The ADSL2 Ball ?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: UK News - Has BT Dropped The ADSL2 Ball ?  (Read 497 times)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
UK News - Has BT Dropped The ADSL2 Ball ?
« on: October 10, 2008, 07:58:40 pm »
It seems someone has not been reading the road map for the network upgrade promised by BT some time ago.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/10/10/21cn_ipv6/

ISPs have been worried to learn that BT's ongoing multibillion pound "21CN" network upgrade won't offer native support for IPv6, the networking protocol that it's planned will form the bedrock of a rapidly expanding 21st century internet.

The ommission surfaced when business provider AAISP, one of a select group of resellers currently able to offer ADSL2+ via BT's 21CN network, asked BT to fix a bug in Cisco equipment that was affecting subscribers using IPv6. BT Wholesale replied: "BT currently supports IPv4 on it's broadband products and does not support IPv6."

In some ways the issue is more commercial than technical - IPv6 mostly works, but BT appear to be saying that if it stops working then they won't fix it."

You really have to ask whats behind this whole situation, are BT just trying to make a lot of work for its competitive rivals by keeping them guessing or has some one dropped a major clanger in not ensuring the equipment is up to spec ?
I dont believe anyone will speak up on this matter just yet but I,m sure when the do it will be just to confirm everythings fine and this was just a commercial mind game, BT are famous for "splashing the cash" and I,m not convinced they would purchase poor quality equipment.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  UK News - Has BT Dropped The ADSL2 Ball ?

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx