gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 27, 2024, 02:27:07 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX on current Windows Versions  |  The Perfect Connection...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: The Perfect Connection...  (Read 3322 times)

Offline Roxi

• Forum Member
  • Always Innocent
The Perfect Connection...
« on: August 19, 2008, 10:08:44 pm »
Hey Fellow Vista Users...

Im just curious is anyone has acheieved like a perfect primary connection with winmx.  Now im using a 64bit so im just curious if anyone could give me some advice or pointers on getting a great primary connection.

Please and thank yous as always!

Roxi
Peace and Love Biaotchs
<3 Roxi <3

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Re: The Perfect Connection...
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 11:53:49 pm »
Hi Roxi,

Im not really the resident expert on Vista, but we have a few guides that will help you there, I'll get to those in a bit, but first thing to know is that running a smooth primary on Vista is really not any different (its more winmx specific tweaking needed) then any other person running Primary.

First step for you will be to forward ports in your router.  Does the guide  that Reef Posted in the other thread look like your model?
Second would be to make sure that WinMX is allowed in what ever firewall you decide to use, the Vista firewall will need ports added as well, but most other firewalls just need WinMX to be allowed.

Then there is the making sure your WinMX Settings > Incoming TCP & In/Out UDP settings match the port you set up in the router/firewalls.
WinMX uses TCP 6699 and UDP 6257 by default and those are fine.  Again they will have to be set up in the router in order to make a working primary connection. 

Here are some tips for using WinMX with Vista, First one is to give WinMX folder administrative rights so that its allowed to operate properly and there is a guide here:
https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?topic=4804.0.html

Its also a very good idea to move you're incoming folder from the default location for Vista.
Usually if you make a folder on  the main drive (C drive) call it anything you like but dont use any real names, like mines named Share With The World, but hey just MyStuff will even work. 
Then open WinMX Settings > File Transfers > Top right you'll see a incoming files folder path and a button to Change, select this and browse to your newly made folder (where you will also need to move any incompletes you wish to finish). 

That helps deal with a couple Vista related problems with WinMX and should make things much easier for you.

If you have any specific questions after reading the guides Reef posted for you or the ones listed here for Vista just post back, I know its alot of info but we're here to help.

Offline Roxi

• Forum Member
  • Always Innocent
Re: The Perfect Connection...
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 01:36:41 am »
Hey Me Here!

First reef and now you...ya'll are sooo much more nicer then i thought ppl were gonna be on here!

Thanks for the heads up in this section. I went ahead a gave winmx full admin permission and did a little bit of the port forwarding.  I cant really do it cause im not sure what my wireless router is...if there is one...sometimes i swear i'm blond at heart!

I guess all is well at the moment. im not gonna go and do something i have no idea about! im gonna read some more tutorials and hopefully get some more knowledge on configuration.  I guess my only concern is that when primary connects it wont go past p=5 and s=0.  Im a perfectionist at heart so i hope ppl understand im not tryin to be pushy :P

but anyways, enuff rambling from me. im off to watch some hillz.  Thanks again for all your help! if theres anything else i should know dont feel shy to let me know! im eager to learn.  now i have to think of more random things to post about to catch up to reef :P

as always

Roxi

Peace and Love Biaotchs
<3 Roxi <3

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX on current Windows Versions  |  The Perfect Connection...

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx