gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 27, 2024, 04:33:25 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Can't Search after changing to Wireless
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Can't Search after changing to Wireless  (Read 3778 times)

Offline soly4fun

• Forum Member
Can't Search after changing to Wireless
« on: February 02, 2009, 11:50:06 pm »
Hi - hope someone can help.  I'm running XP - FIOIS - Actiontec  Routerl# MI-424-WR  - WinMx v3.54beta with Patch 1.0   Everything working excellently.  However, yesterday I went wireless.  I made NO other changes - still used the same router.  But while WinMX connects - I cannot search or list chat rooms.  I 'm guessing, errrr HOPING, this is a simple setting change either in WinMX itself that I need to perform or on the router ??
(BTW The chat room listed on WinMX World web-page says for real time assistance but no reply is made.  Is there a chat room with real time assistance available?)

Thanks for ANY and ALL help -  soly

Offline ']['affy

• Forum Member
Re: Can't Search after changing to Wireless
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 08:11:32 am »
ello soly4fun welcome to winmxworld 1st have u assigned a static ip for your wireless device in your router?

Offline soly4fun

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 10:59:44 am »
Thanks affy.  Following the tutorial on WinMX world, entered Ip address, sub mask and default #'s from the cmd config into the properties of the wireless connection.   What should I do next?

Offline ']['affy

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 11:12:40 am »
after thats all done restart your mx,,, by the way do u have your UPnP turned on in your router if u haven't tick it save then reboot mx cos it sounds like a port issue

Offline soly4fun

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2009, 02:28:31 pm »
After following the referenced tutorial - I did restart - but was still unable to search.  After a reboot, I got slightly slow and very limited results. AND I noticed that I no longer have the "Thanks Eagle and Patch 1.0 mssg at the top.  Since I'm using the same router and didn't change any of the previous settings and everything was working fine, then shouldn't it only be the IP address that needs to be changed?

Offline soly4fun

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2009, 05:52:18 pm »
Thanks to all - problem resolved - just changed to the new  Static IP address in the router rules.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Can't Search after changing to Wireless

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx