gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 09:11:54 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Help - I Cant Connect
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Help - I Cant Connect  (Read 18471 times)

Offline moitega

• Forum Member
Help - I Cant Connect
« on: June 18, 2011, 11:18:32 pm »
i can't connect to winmx

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
Help - I Cant Connect
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 12:07:34 am »
i can't connect to winmx

more info plz....

Offline achilles

• Core
Re: Help - I Cant Connect
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011, 02:36:26 am »
What OS are you using? Are you behind a router? Do you mean WinMx will not connect to the network or are you saying your downloads / uploads will not connect? If your downloads / uploads will not connect then what is the error message you are receiving in the transfer window?
I'm a Hardware, and Cyber Security Guy.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2011, 10:33:24 am »
well... im (as a secondary) being tossed around the primaries like a pingpong ball in a pro tournament atm so... um... if you are stuck on 'connecting' and have the patch leave it 'sit' for a bit it may work....

Offline johndoe32102002

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2011, 06:32:03 pm »
I cannot connect to WInMX (though OpenNap works fine).  Can someone tell me how to make WinMX connect to specific non-OpenNap servers (e.g. the ones listed on the cache that are apparently up)?

I am using the latest patched version of WinMX.

Thanks.

John Doe

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 10:26:10 pm »
Anyone?

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2012, 10:34:10 pm »
Hi John, WinMX is a decentralised network so there are not actually any servers to connect to, instead your patch should redirect your copy of WinMX to the community run "Peer Caches" and those deliver you a quantity of fellow users IPs to connect to.

Make sure you install your winmx (or simply the oledlg.dll into the same folder as winmx.exe) from this location

https://patch.winmxconex.com/

That should get you reconnected to the community, my apologies for the delay in a reply it seems with Xmas in full swing for many folks your post was overlooked.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2012, 04:03:46 am »
it was a very confusing post as well... wasnt sure if they were using winmx 2.x which allows manual entry of winmx cache servers...

so i let a admin get this one >.>

mfamily989-Greg

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2013, 04:50:12 pm »
Hi.  I have WinMX Music 4.9.2   java 1.7.0_13.      I cannot connect.   it shows in the bottom left-hand corner the connection status.  It never changes from "Starting Connection"    I have been this way since about Jan 1st.  I have not seen any information in the forums or on-line regarding my version of WinMX, that might help me fix the probelm.  Is anyone familiar with what is going on withe the connections???  I would appreciate any advice

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2013, 06:49:23 pm »
The version of the client you have is not actually WinMX Mfamily989-Greg, its a Gnutella client thats been reworked to turn it into a pay application as such it has nothing to do with the WinMX network and  we dont support its usage here.  I urge you to steer clear of such payware.

Get a free and genuine WinMX version here

https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Remember you can also connect to the Open-Nap networks using WinMX so its two networks for free.

mfamily989-Greg

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2013, 02:15:08 pm »
Thank you.   I had joined it right after the one version of WinMX I was using, fell to pay application, and it had been free and working fine for a couple of years.   I will be joining genuine winmx now.   thanks for the url too.  makes it a little easier.

Offline GALAHAD

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2013, 06:35:33 pm »
I also cannot connect for about a week now - driving me skats! I have reinstalled done all the things recommended here but no progress. I am using Windows 7 and have had no problem until now. I can connect with OpenNap and Users can upload from me but I cannot download. None of the Chat Rooms can be contacted. Please can any one help. pavier@icon.co.za

Offline loofah

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2017, 01:05:36 pm »
I can no longer connect to the peer network. I can connect to open nap networks. It was working fine until late January '17. I ran sfc, found corrupted files that couldn't be repaired, so I reinstalled Windows 7. Life was good, I could connect to the peer network. That lasted 24 hours & I haven't been able to connect to the peer network since. 

I has problems last year after installing one of MS POS windows updates (not sure which one caused the problem, but believe it was one after June '16).  I did not put on any MS updates after the last windows install.

I have a very simple lan, one PC on it, no router. Use MS firewall, winmx is allowed thru.

Any ideas ? I've tried everything I could think of & am getting frustrated.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2017, 06:23:31 pm »
its working just fine... give patch.winmxconex.com a look

Offline loofah

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2017, 08:08:03 am »
Did you even read what I wrote?

I KNOW  winmx works.
I KNOW  the problem is at my end.
I need help, not attitude.
If I can't connect to the peer network, I can't connect to the chat room to ask for help.
That's why I'm posting via the forum. 

I've had winmx 3.54 installed for years.

Do you have any ideas on what I should be checking on my end?

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2017, 08:22:02 am »
Loofah, Stripes was trying to help based on what you had typed, its perfectly reasonable to surmise that your install was perhaps "fixed" by some MS update so his solution was simply to try a fresh install , no one was trying to annoy you, we are here to help you and we will get to the bottom of the problem if you persevere with us  :)

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2017, 08:29:59 am »
If we can gather some further data from you it will of course assist us to help you so please bear with me,

During the setup wizard phase have you tried alternative port numbers ?

Have you tried utilising something like robomx or wpcc to connect to the chat rooms and if so what was the result ?

is your win7 activated correctly ?

Have you tried using an alternative machine from your same location to ensure theres not some rare setup issue specific to your current setup ?

Have you tried turning the firewall off for any period of time to test that its working as its supposed to ?

Who is your ISP provider ?

Offline Fenelon

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2018, 08:32:38 am »
I'm having trouble connecting.  I just downloaded winmx 3.54.  I use DSL.  For outgoing TCP connections, I checked "use SOCKS5 proxy."  For incoming connections, I checked "Unable to accept incoming TCP connections."  For In/Out UDP packets, I checked "Unable to send or receive UDP datagrams on any port."  I'm using Windows10 on a laptop.

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2018, 10:55:48 am »
Don't tick use SOCKS5 proxy unless you're actually using a SOCKS5 proxy. If you don't know what it means then you're not using one as you would know if you were etc

Once you make that change it should connect fine :)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Help - I Cant Connect

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.024 seconds with 26 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx