gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 08:41:29 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  PeerGuardian
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: PeerGuardian  (Read 1643 times)

jan

PeerGuardian
« on: January 07, 2007, 04:26:28 pm »
Hi, I've recently dwnloaded PeerGuardian, installed the block and allowlist for WinMX as well as the default lists from PeerGuardian for ads, trojans and spyware updated the lot (allowed HTTP) just to be save on a primary connection. However I found out that my search results decreased with 99%!!.
Is there anything I can do?
I have XPhome-SP2 and a cableconnection 12MBdown - 1.3MB upload speed

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
Re: PeerGuardian
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2007, 05:39:56 pm »
A simple two step solution:
THROW out Peer Guardian straiaght out of the window.
It:
blocks it's own update sites,
has over 827million Ip's
resulting in blocking many potential filesharers as well
a proper hog of system resources as well

Step two:
Delete your winmx folder
Reinstall winmx from here:
https://www.winmxgroup.com/Install-3.0-MultiVer.exe
Select your winmx version.

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Offline MPB

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2008, 08:27:52 pm »
I got a question SamSeeSam, and excuse me from my paranoia lol-how does using WinMX keep what I call the "Morons" from seeing who is sharing files and who is getting what from who?? is there an internal block list incorporated into WinMX? I  make a primary connection when using WinMX, I just need alittle more clarification on this, Thank you in advance and I am so very happy that WinMX is back online. :-)

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 09:58:42 am »
The patch that comes with winmx if you downloaded it from patch.winmxconex.com comes with its own blocking and filtering solution. It does over two methods.

1.The patch when running primary monitors what secondary are trying to connect. If any ip on this page https://www.winmxworld.com/files/block_list.txt trys to connect to your winmx it blocks it and drops it. If you have the patch from winmxconex you will see on update bar at the top that says <FSR=?? BC=??>   The BC is blocked connections ie the nasty people on that page and goes up every time it blocks one of them..

2. The second stage is search result filtering. Not everyone on winmx is using the DLL. Either threw being misinformed or just don't know about its capabilities and think well im connected an so what. But primary's are out their that have let the flooders connect to them. Now once they are connected they flood winmx with loads of fake file names so that when you do a search you get 1000 results but only maybe 10 of them are real. Making your life to find these 10 a royal pain in the arse. and making you want to give up(then they have won). But the patch we support intercepts the search details when you do a search and using the ip's from the block list posted above filters out the fake files using a clever process which we could discuss if you are a coder or magic if you happy to trust what i say and only gives you the 10 results out of the 1000. This process is shown to you again in the update bar as FSR=??  or filtered search results. This goes up every time it filters fakes from one of your searches

To answer you question as to what from who the only person who can do this is your ISP. Winmx considering when it was made was at the forefront of encryption long before limewire or bittorrent even thought about this. So 90% of what you do over the winmx network is fully encrypted. Its only the actual transfer between user to user that is unencrypted but the process of finding that user is fully encrypted and they are unable to monitor it.
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

Offline Trestor

• Forum Member
  • Your call is important to us ...
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 11:32:48 am »
I'd like to tack on a question here, about the encryption. I'd like to know if this benefit also applies to the opennap part of the mx program, or is that unencrypted and unprotected?

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2008, 01:21:45 pm »
To keep compatibility with the Open-Nap standard it has to be unencrypted, unfortunately when Open-Nap was designed Napster had just closed down and the design goal was merely to create a system that could be run in a less centralised way so although it still requires servers and clients the design allowed for folks to be able to join servers together to create a "network" similar to the primary network but on a smaller scale of course.

WinMx was an Open-Nap only client until it decided to introduce many of its own networking methods and their was a time when before it broke away it was receiving bad press from the open nap folks for what where pretty minor issues that could have been resolved by an friendly email, no doubt after a few bad words frontcode decided to go for broke and create its own network for this main reason, this of course was a good thing for us all as hidden in the protocol are many clever security tricks that ensure the network is durable and robust against many forms of attack, most of this was added in 2001 so plenty of thought went into its creation and later additions.

I suspect you know most of this Trestor but a little history lesson for new folks opportunity presented itself  :lol: 

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  PeerGuardian

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx