gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 03:29:15 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Call To Break The Music Monopoly - Stop Purchasing
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Call To Break The Music Monopoly - Stop Purchasing  (Read 674 times)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Call To Break The Music Monopoly - Stop Purchasing
« on: November 08, 2008, 10:53:07 am »
It seems another chap has written an article of my favourite flavour  :lol:

http://www.inquisitr.com/7422/new-year-resolution-smack-the-riaampaa-into-oblivion/

I realize I might be a little early on the New Year resolution part; but hey better to start planning now than to let it slide don’t you think. After all, if this past election in the U.S. has shown us anything it is that the people; if they believe in something strong enough, can make a change and if there is one area that is in need of a big change it is this. For too long we have done nothing more than sit back and let these trade organizations tell us what we can do with the things we buy.

They force things like draconian digital rights management on entertainment and software producers because they don’t want to lose a single penny. Of course it isn’t just the trade organizations like the RIAA, MPAA or their software counterparts. It is also the corporations producing the mass quantity; much of which is pure dribble to begin with, that issue the marching orders or end up paying for the lawyers suing people into the poor house.

Why is it that the whole concept of the first sale doctine goes out the window the moment we move to digital goods. Just because you spend your hard earned money to buy something online in a digital format shouldn’t mean that it isn’t yours.

I hope you enjoyed this article as much as I did  8)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Call To Break The Music Monopoly - Stop Purchasing

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx