gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 06:22:39 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Clients  |  Winmx chat client via ps/linux ppc power pc
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Winmx chat client via ps/linux ppc power pc  (Read 6651 times)

Offline rav1960

• Forum Member
Winmx chat client via ps/linux ppc power pc
« on: April 21, 2008, 12:37:25 pm »
            Hi i would like to know if there is any programers out there that would work on a chat client that would work on linux on the ps3.. Im using yellow dog linux 6.0, and im guessing u would have to program it on a ppc power pc.. if anyone is up to this i would appricate it so much, my reason for this is so i can sit in my living room instead of pc room while on winmx.. i think it would be a sweet app to use while im doing many things on my ps3 if anyone is up to making this please post im sure if someone has a that kinda pc and knowlege of programming in ppc could mabey make one, i know im one person making a odd request but i be very grateful :)

thanks

Offline rav1960

• Forum Member
Re: Winmx chat client via ps/linux ppc power pc
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 02:22:57 pm »
sorry in better terms i want a please, a linux chat client, that supports PowerPC, also supports x86

dont laugh at me weired request :)

Offline rav1960

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 05:02:07 am »
I guess noone wants to say anything since i asked this questioin bout 4 weeks ago and still no reply i hope i guet some sort of reply

Offline rav1960

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008, 11:24:11 am »
okay its been over a month and still no answer im pretty suprized but still willing to check this everyday so please if anyone can stear me in some sort of direction would be nice thanks

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2008, 04:50:02 pm »
hmm

I have little idea about linux
but shouln't one or the other client work with wine?
o.0?

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 02:58:29 pm »
:walk: I got no idea if there's a version of wine for ppc, wine being the program usually being used to run windows programs under linux in general but that's the usual way to go.
There's also a chatclient written by EaglE that's being supplied in versions for windows, linux and bsd plus there's the source code as well.
Maybe it's possible to compile it from source for your pc/ps ?
Admittedly it's quite basic (console-based) but it does work, so might be worth a try.
As for a ready made solution I'm afraid you're out of luck in that regard....           
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

Offline rav1960

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2008, 01:23:45 am »
wine wont run on ps3 im postive for ppc linux on ps3.. but i know qemu works but im not gonna emulate then have my ps3 linux go slugesh on me and thanks finaly for the replies..l im hoping someone will step up to the plate and mabey do this it would mean the world to me...

not just that if you run wcs or any client like that ur ps3 is crazy server to begin with, u can run a ps3 for weeks on end without the worry of anything this is the reason for my request so i can run a backup room 24/7 cept on christmas lol

Offline kiaas

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2008, 08:04:42 am »
INCORRECT! WINE does work on PowerPC, it just includes an extra program to emulate the x86, but is not a full VM. I haven't a clue where to get it, but it does indeed exist.
Kill 1 man and you are a murderer, kill 10 and you are a monster, kill a thousand and you are a hero, kill one million and you are a conqueror.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2009, 12:22:48 am »
install windows in the bochs pentium emulator (google for it) and run it on the ps3.... have windows and its apps isolated to their little corner and the ps3 would still have enough 'oomph' to run bochs and its contents and the regular (native linux) apps side by side...

but there really needs to be some sort of cross platform chat client...

Offline Forested665

• Forum Member
  • Linux:2003 FreeBSD:2004 Debian/BSD developer:2006
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2009, 01:58:53 am »
The WPN Gaim/Pidgin plugin should work just fine on the PS3 if you want color.
As the others have said there are only a few Linux chatclients available.
I dont know of any of hand with source code but all you need is the code, the makefile, config script, and the GNU build tools.
I'm sorry i never responded when you posted i was out of town and never saw this in my "unread posts" thing when i returned.
INCORRECT! WINE does work on PowerPC, it just includes an extra program to emulate the x86, but is not a full VM. I haven't a clue where to get it, but it does indeed exist.
This is unlikely to work. Remember the Ps3 uses an IBM/Sony CELL processor. While loosely based on PPC its not 100% PPC otherwise it would be the IBM PPC G6 or G7/(+>7).
As stripes said Boches could work.
Its tricky to configure but there are gigs of documentation on it.
BSD -  The Daemons Are No Longer Just Inside My Head.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Clients  |  Winmx chat client via ps/linux ppc power pc

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx